Children’s App Review: Petting Zoo by Christoph Niemann

February 22, 2013

Petting Zoo 1

Petting Zoo

Petting Zoo 3

Petting Zoo

By Koseli.

My husband and I are huge Christoph Niemann fans (as I’m sure so many of you are!) and just heard that he has a new app for children and adults called Petting Zoo. It’s an interactive book with illustrations of 21 animals. When you swipe or tap each animal, it reacts in a surprising way. What would an elephant in the bathroom do? Can a dog breakdance? I can’t wait to play with this. It’s right up my alley. The app is available for iPhones and iPads.

Do you have any favorite apps or digital pictures books you love? Which ones do your children love the most? I haven’t been able to find many I’ve liked for my 18-month old son, but we love Wee Alphas, Timbuktu, and Where’s Puppy. We also let our son draw on the iPad using the app Paper. It’s so cool!

{ 1 trackback }

Just Moms » Blog Archive » Petting Zoo by Christoph Niemann
February 22, 2013 at 1:41 pm

1 Heather February 22, 2013 at 6:48 am

We love Mo Willem’s “Don’t Let the Pigeon Use this App”. Really fun! Kids can create their own “pigeon” story, and there’s a section where you “shake” the pigeon by shaking the ipad. I’d definitely recommend it!

2 Koseli Cummings February 26, 2013 at 12:10 pm

Ha ha. Sounds hilarious! Can’t wait to check it out.

3 Andrea February 22, 2013 at 7:13 am

I love the reading rainbow app. My daughter could play with it all day!

4 Giulia February 22, 2013 at 9:30 am

Any of the Toca Boca apps are great! And the Sandra Boyten Going to Bed Book also comes as an app, which really cute. Things move and the story is read.

5 Koseli Cummings February 26, 2013 at 12:10 pm

Going to check these out ASAP. Thanks Giulia!

6 Stefanie February 22, 2013 at 5:46 pm

I downloaded this today and had my 2yr old do a test drive. She loved it. Thanks for the recomendation. She loves Shape Builder, PB Shapes and Peek-a-zoo.

7 Koseli Cummings February 26, 2013 at 12:11 pm

Us too. I was so impressed! I’ll check out those 3 too. Thanks Stefanie!

8 Birgit February 23, 2013 at 11:10 am

My husband made Lil’ Red – it’s an interactive storybook of Little Red Riding Hood for iPad and he just released the smartphone version.

We also love the Montessorium Apps.

9 Nanda February 23, 2013 at 11:32 am

We adore these apps: (Most are free!) :)

Anything by Toca Boca
My favorite one: Endless Alphabet !!!
Hickory Dickory Dock
Amazing Ants
Ski Safari
Where’s my Water?
Bitter Sam
Snail Bob
Draw Quest
Tied
Paper Town
Tower Smash
Shake and Make by Emberley

10 Koseli Cummings February 26, 2013 at 11:52 am

Thank you for all of these wonderful app suggestions! I bought Christoph Neimann’s app and our entire family is having fun playing it. It’s amazing! I’ll be sharing some more apps I love in future posts. Thank you again!

11 Feliricht March 1, 2013 at 1:53 pm

Hey, we Love the App Little Fox Music Box by Heidi wittlinger

It is so romantic and Sweet. The Music is Great! Our daughter Loves it.

12 Renee March 25, 2013 at 6:07 am

We adore the interactive book “Tim and Tom” who live in Bangoo. It is whimsical, clever, joy-lightful! The language, music and activities enchant our whole family, but especially our two year old who requests, “Bubbles” constantly. There are surprises on every page. Even better it’s free. I can’t wait for the creators to do more like it.

13 Christine March 25, 2013 at 11:01 am

Have you tried the StoryToys apps? My kids adore them. They’re 3D pop-up books, mostly fairy tales. The stories are really well presented with great animation, but there are also really fun interactive features like little games that are part of the story.

The favourites in our house are Snow White, The Little Mermaid and Farm 123, but there are lots more to choose from.

14 Petting Zoo team May 22, 2013 at 9:39 am

Great news – Petting Zoo by Christoph Niemann has now also been released to Android – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.com.christophniemann.pettingzoo.android

The Petting Zoo team