Peter Pan Collar

February 13, 2013

Peter Pan Collar

By Koseli. Image by Lulu Loves.

I ran across this beautiful tutorial for a crochet peter pan collar from Lulu Loves and had to share. Isn’t it darling? You could make one and transfer it from dress to dress or blouse to blouse at a whim. I would love one for myself. More photos here.

Would you wear a peter pan collar, or do they look little-girly to you? And I’d also love to know: do you crochet?

{ 1 trackback }

Just Moms » Blog Archive » Peter Pan Collar
February 13, 2013 at 11:01 am

1 Kate Frishman February 13, 2013 at 6:01 am

I finally mastered knitting after 20 years of trying intermittently, but I can’t seem to crochet!
I do love the look of the collar, but I have this association in my head between crocheted collars and a couple of cranky old aunts…

2 Lauren February 13, 2013 at 6:48 am

Normally I would say that I wouldn’t wear a Peter Pan collar, but the one in the picture is so lovely that I could be convinced otherwise.

3 Tania February 13, 2013 at 7:50 am

I have become an avid crocheter a little over a year ago and I just can’t stop! The Peter Pan collar looks like an interesting alternative to a necklace. I’ve been meaning to give it a try for a while now, but I am a little afraid that it will look too girly.
This is another good way to incorporate some crochet into your outfit: http://blog.a-common-thread.com/post/41608160115/how-to-make-a-crochet-bib-necklace-pattern.

4 Susan February 13, 2013 at 8:59 am

Love the look of this collar–I’d love to add it to a nice knit cardigan. I usually have a crochet project of some sort (or two) going on at any given time. Just say the word and I’ll start one for you or the girls!

5 Nikki February 13, 2013 at 9:04 am

I love a Peter Pan Collar.

6 J / *sparklingly February 13, 2013 at 12:58 pm

I always thought I was just a knitter, but have recently gotten back into crocheting and now can’t stop!

While that Peter Pan collar is darling on that little girl, I think it’d be a little too precious on me, BUT, that gorgeous bibb necklace/collar that Tania shared looks AMAZING. Would totally make and wear that!

7 Jordan February 13, 2013 at 3:36 pm

This is charming! Thank you for posting and sharing this. It isn’t too difficult either, which is encouraging!

8 kim February 13, 2013 at 7:20 pm

My mom made one of these for my daughter’s christening and it was very sweet. And easy!

9 helen February 18, 2013 at 3:09 am

Thanks for the tute link – this looks so pretty, it’s going to my to do list! I am a huge lover of crochet, definitely prefer it over knitting. It’s so soothing for the soul too!

10 Patty February 18, 2013 at 11:04 am

My grandmother taught me to crochet when I was 10. I picked it up again a few years ago (I’m 47 now) and am “hooked”. Crochet is my escape; it lets me get out of my head. That collar is very pretty and doesn’t look like it would be too difficult to create :)

11 Epuu February 18, 2013 at 4:35 pm

Check great collars here!!!