Louise Fili Postage Stamp

February 11, 2013

Louise Fili stamp

By Koseli.

The newest Love stamp from revered designer, Louise Fili, is so lovely. It’s available in post offices just in time for Valentine’s Day. You can see Louise’s food packaging and gorgeous lettering here.

P.S.—Louise is one of Gabrielle’s design idols. Is she one of yours, too? Find an audio interview of her here.

1 Christa the BabbyMama February 11, 2013 at 6:54 am

So sweet!

2 Design Mom February 11, 2013 at 7:29 am

It’s true! I am such a Louise Fili fan.

When we moved to New York and I started my search for graphic design jobs, I dreamt of working for her. In fact, I went to the flower district one day, picked out a charming little plant and had it couriered to her office with a note asking for an interview. She said yes! And I about died.

During the interview, she kindly spent time with me and carefully went through my portfolio. She wasn’t hiring at the time (and if she was, I don’t think I was good enough yet to get the job!), but I was ever so grateful that she made time for me.

3 Rebecca Alexis February 11, 2013 at 7:44 am

Love the story. I love that Gabrielle/Design Mom, followed her heart and walked the path in all her bravery to ask for an interview with someone she reveres. It takes guts and moxie to do that. I love the author Madeleine L’Engle and I always wish I had wrote to her before she passed away to tell her how important her books were to me as a young girl and teenager. On Mondays I blog about Gratitude, & today I wrote about paths & doors, some open, and some shut. http://pomegranateandseeds.blogspot.com/2013/02/gratitude-mondays_11.html And how I am grateful to be learning how to ask for what I want. I love the example given here, coinciding with the thoughts in my heart and mind this morning. Have a joyous start to your week, where ever you are on your path.xxoo

4 Shannon { A Mom's Year } February 11, 2013 at 9:17 am

Oh my goodness, I have the same thought about Madeleine L’Engle! I actually went to a book-signing of hers years ago at a small bookstore in St. Paul. But I chickened out and left. She was so important to me that I couldn’t handle the thought of just being a random person in a long line. What a silly girl I was. I’m sure she would have been lovely and I could have thanked her.

I’m glad that Gabrielle had more sense than I did! I’ve learned since then that meeting our heroes can be a wonderful thing.

5 Rebecca Alexis February 11, 2013 at 10:09 am

Heart! So glad that you at least got the chance to stand in line. xo

6 Rebecca Alexis February 11, 2013 at 7:45 am

PS. LOVE THE STAMP!

7 Julie February 12, 2013 at 10:06 pm

thanks for posting about the interview. I LOVED it!!!