Le Parcel

February 13, 2013

By Gabrielle. (Photos via The Dieline.)

Remember those old pamphlets you were given at a certain age that described menstruation as a monthly gift from Mother Nature? I don’t know about you, but all those pictures of horse riding and bicycle dates and diving into a pool full of admiring friends really made me excited for that gift! Sigh.

Le Parcel is a genius concept, especially for new initiates or those who always seem to be caught unawares and woefully unprepared every month. (Raising my hand here. I’m ridiculous — every single month I’m like, this again?)

The service simply asks you to choose what supplies you’ll need from your favorite brands to get you through your period, and then choose a delivery date. Simple, right? Everything you need will be delivered to your door, on time, with an extra gift just for you and even some chocolate. Because everything’s better with a little chocolate.

Bonus points for a cute tagline: Prepare for the best “That time of the month” ever. Period.

1 Amy February 13, 2013 at 5:20 am

some months I still need ‘supplies’ to be delivered to my door. its like I don’t know its going to ‘happen’ again. sigh….

2 Laura Trevey February 13, 2013 at 5:43 am

Special delivery with chocolate? Brilliant. Period.

3 Kate Frishman February 13, 2013 at 5:58 am

You had me at chocolate. And a little gift to make the whole thing more tolerable. However, considering that there are five females in my house, Le Parcel would have to be Le Freight Pallet :)

4 Pamela Balabuszko-Reay February 13, 2013 at 12:35 pm

Giggle. That is a lot of girls.

5 Jody February 13, 2013 at 6:06 am

Genius.

6 Noemie February 13, 2013 at 6:24 am

So cute! But what about http://www.mooncup.com/ for not having to worry about the supplies stock? I love the freedom that brings me!

7 Heidi February 13, 2013 at 9:27 pm

I started using the Diva cup about a year ago, and haven’t looked back. It works so much better than tampons, and the price is right as well.

8 Christy@SweetandSavoring February 13, 2013 at 6:37 am

This is a very cute idea, and I second the menstrual cup suggestion! I used a Keeper for eight years, and have now had my Diva Cup for two. Always love spreading awareness about these little guys- they’re the best invention ever! A one time (low) cost, no waste, nothing to carry with you :)

9 Amanda Daybydqy February 13, 2013 at 6:44 am

This is cute! I was also going to suggest a Diva Cup. :) not just because you don’t have to prepare with supplies, but because I like it better than all the alternatives.

10 Lauren February 13, 2013 at 6:47 am

This is one of those “why didn’t I think of that?” ideas- so great!

11 Mary-My Life in Scotland February 13, 2013 at 7:08 am

this would be really cute for girls just getting their period. make it special!

12 Maria C. February 13, 2013 at 7:37 am

I am always amazed on what will someone think as a business idea!! And that someone will pay for this??!

13 Christa the BabbyMama February 13, 2013 at 7:57 am

I could so use this. I am caught unawares every darn month…

14 Amelia February 13, 2013 at 8:08 am

It’s certainly super cute packaging, but there’s a few levels on which it fails for me:

1. A limit of 30 products total each month? Sorry, I need more than that. Which means this won’t eliminate my need to remember to buy tampons.

2. You pick a day of the month for delivery, not a frequency of delivery. If your cycle hews somewhat closely to 28 days, the date that your period begins will shift a few days earlier every month. Does that mean you change the delivery date each month so that it arrives on time? How exactly is this helping me not have to remember to buy tampons, then? Otherwise it just eventually arrives late… which, again, helps me how?

3. Frankly, I can buy myself a sufficient number of tampons, a good chocolate bar, and a little treat for less than $15.

So, yeah: cute design, but mostly made of fail.

15 LupinLady212 February 13, 2013 at 8:23 am

I like the thought as well, but it would be nice if they included options for more sustainable products — of course with a reduced shipping cycle. For example, I would love getting a new soft, gorgeous cloth pad from Party in My Pants every other month until I build up a good collection and I think all of the styles and colors are great at any stage of your ‘experience’. I love the packaging, logo, design, aesthetic, of ‘Party In My Pants’ http://www.partypantspads.com/shop/pads (a sister-owned and operated mini business –all of their pads are handmade with love in Ashland, Wisconsin. and they also are sold in some Whole Foods stores).

16 Katy February 13, 2013 at 3:09 pm

I was just coming to suggest the same company, I love that they are reusable and I’m never caught empty handed, it’s so much nicer than having to stock up every single month!

17 Christine February 13, 2013 at 9:03 am

I really like this idea! I buy several different products and always seem to run out of one or the other. I especially love that your parcel can be customized. I still believe it would be wise to keep a small stash on hand, but this renewal service is the perfect solution. Maybe now I can free up some cabinet space in my bathroom!

18 Sara February 13, 2013 at 12:09 pm

Oh my… good idea…

My daughter is on the verge and, quite frankly, I dread every day just a little bit… (sigh)

19 Joan February 13, 2013 at 12:29 pm

Oh, Sara, don’t talk about it! I’m trying to pretend it’s never going to happen!

20 Joan February 13, 2013 at 12:28 pm

This would definitely add an aspect of fun to the event.

21 Pamela Balabuszko-Reay February 13, 2013 at 12:37 pm

I can’t possibly be down on this idea. For goodness sake. A little levity goes a long way in surviving womanhood. We are strong…but throw a girl a bone!

22 KellliO February 13, 2013 at 2:24 pm

I would have loved this for initiation! Even now, the idea of a package just for me each month is lovely! Especially with the element of surprise. I could buy myself a gift, but I’d really miss the surprise.

Now would be a good time to buy myself a chocolate bar!

23 L February 13, 2013 at 4:11 pm

Oh my gawsh!
Who thinks of this?
Ridiculous!

24 Beaula February 14, 2013 at 2:09 am

My boyfriend thought of this 3 years ago in one of his business-brainstorming sessions and I told him it was stupid! A year later Kotex came out with their version and I’ve seen another business do it in England and now this! Crikey- we could have been rich!
even though I still kind of think it was stupid because I wouldn’t even use it!

25 Allison February 14, 2013 at 6:54 pm

While the idea doesn’t do anything for me now, I would have loved this in college. I was always so embarrassed to buy any fem products. I would get my mom to send them to me. So maybe there is a market…but not me…I’m well over my embarrassment now.

26 Tristan B. February 21, 2013 at 9:02 pm

This is a genius idea and this made me laugh out loud and I woke up my husband:

“I don’t know about you, but all those pictures of horse riding and bicycle dates and diving into a pool full of admiring friends really made me excited for that gift! Sigh.”

27 rhondacr June 4, 2013 at 8:02 pm

I second the cloth pads suggestion. I haven’t heard great things about the Party in my Pants pads but there are so many other wonderful brands! Most are cheaper than them too; Caroline’s Creations, Mimi’s dreams, Amy’s rag bag, yurtcraft, and many more. Plus, no more problems with being a surprise period! And they are so easy to clean; you just throw them in the wash like anything else.