Celebrations: Birthday Traditions Part 2

February 11, 2013

By Gabrielle.

I’ve got another Celebrations video to share with you today, and I hope you’ll like it! In this video, Birthday Traditions Part 2, you’ll find 3 more happy ideas to help you establish long-lasting traditions your family will treasure. If you missed it, you can find Part 1 here.

As I mentioned before, I’m hoping birthday traditions can become an ongoing theme, and that I’ll make more videos as I come across good ideas. Which reminds me, thank you so much for sharing your favorite family birthday traditions — I love reading your comments!

P.S. — Watch for a You Are Special Today Plate DIY coming later this week. Also, you can find my Babble Celebrations column here.

{ 1 trackback }

You are Special Today Silhouette Promo - I Still Love You by Melissa Esplin
September 26, 2013 at 12:06 pm

1 Pamela Balabuszko-Reay February 11, 2013 at 8:16 am

LOVE the balloon door! I am thinking of doing it for Valentine’s Day.

2 Emily February 11, 2013 at 8:26 am

Oh my!! I love love the balloon door idea, that is so fun!

3 Sunshine February 11, 2013 at 9:00 am

Oh that June! What a little doll! Love this one, Gabrielle!

4 Azra February 11, 2013 at 9:04 am

Very nice. I love baby June blowing candles and her happy face.

5 Shannon { A Mom's Year } February 11, 2013 at 9:30 am

I love these ideas! So simple, but my kids would love having candles all day and waking up to a balloon door. :) But my favorite is the way little June shakes her head when she blows out the candles. Oh my!

6 Amy February 11, 2013 at 9:32 am

I have loved your celebrations posts/videos. I think simple, but consistent rituals are SO important! We have a special birthday hat that the kids only wear on their birthday, and we always look through their baby books on their big day:)

7 Elizabeth February 11, 2013 at 9:50 am

I am in need of a good “you are special” plate. That is one of my favorite traditions my husband brought to the family, but the plate I bought from a school fundraiser definitely does not live up to the occasion. I really love the classic red and white plate my husband grew up with, but would love a unique one for just our family.

8 Dale Coykendall February 11, 2013 at 10:46 am

The ballon idea is SO brilliant Thanks

9 Hanna February 11, 2013 at 10:55 am

I’ve started a new birthday tradition this year – I want to give our son a little piece of art for each birthday. I’ve selected a few children themed unexpensive prints (which I liked :) and asked my 3 years old son to choose one of them. Now we are waiting for delivery… I hope my son will feel that art is an important part of life thanks to this tradition.

10 Ann February 11, 2013 at 12:14 pm

I love that balloon idea! I just may do that! Thank you!

11 Lisa | Happy By February 11, 2013 at 2:42 pm

Honestly, I am one of the guilty people that try to come up with new ideas every year and I underestimate the importance of building traditions. Thank you very much for the inspiration and the great ideas Gabrielle :)

12 Annie February 11, 2013 at 3:35 pm

These are awesome — I want to even do the balloon idea for Valentine’s day. How fun to wake up with balloons greeting you.

13 Chris February 11, 2013 at 5:58 pm

Gabrielle,

Love these ideas and that they are simple and affordable. I also loved watching your little wee June blow out her candles. What a hoot!

Thanks for being so approachable and down to earth. It’s refreshing.

14 Sandra Gonzales February 11, 2013 at 8:37 pm

Baby June looks like Maude.

15 Dee February 14, 2013 at 7:57 pm

I agree! Her curls are adorable.

16 Clover February 12, 2013 at 4:47 am

Simply great! I’m totally hooked :)))
My little one turned 9 months just yesterday, so I’m eager to put my creativity and your great ideas into good work for next month!

I love the “you are special” plate and as my birthday is just around the corner, I think I will try this one out! Happy cheers to new traditions!

17 patricia February 12, 2013 at 8:23 am

wonderful idea, everyone is so cute!

18 Tricia Whitworth February 12, 2013 at 5:04 pm

Such cool ideas! But I confess – I started to focus more on June and her adorableness than anything else. So sue me. :)

19 Amy February 12, 2013 at 8:00 pm

I love this. I love that the traditions are simple and easy and not about money. And baby June is too stinkin cute I just want to eat her up!!