A Few Things

February 8, 2013

Text and photo by Gabrielle.

Hello, Friends! How are you doing? I have to say, I have so enjoyed the conversations we’ve had this week. We talked about so much good stuff — discussing body image with our children, working with a time difference, the manufacturing revolution, how to buy perfume, the ethics of shopping, owning too many spices, and homeopathie too! You guys really enjoyed the Home Tour this week, and I’m so glad you got a kick out of Stacking WoodIn my book, that was a really satisfying week. I can’t thank you enough.

We don’t have any big plans this weekend, but if I can set aside some time, what I’m really craving is a catchup session with my inbox. : ) How about you? Anything fun on your calendar?

Before I sign off for the weekend, here are a few things I’ve been wanting to share:

- 30 Rock jokes as infographics. Thanks, Mills.

- Powerful thoughts on Beyoncé’s performance.

- I make a career out of loving you. (Hah!)

- Campaign for the Accurate Measure of Creativity.

- The world is so beautiful. Stuff like this knocks me out. Thanks, Danni.

- A new-t0-me blog I’m enjoying.

- 6 ways to carve out space for kids.

- Foster dogs.

- A new app launched yesterday, called Seesaw. I was one of the beta testers and I think it’s a riot.

- Have you ever tried sewing your hairThanks, Koseli.

- Also from Koseli, an excellent writeup about Alt Summit.

- Funny Downton Abbey Facebook recap of the most recent episode. (Warning: spoilers if you haven’t seen it yet!)

- Heart shaped pretzels.

- Lastly, my latest pins are making me happy.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend! And I hope you get to do something you love. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.

kisses,
Gabrielle

P.S. — Earlier this week, a gardner came and power-cleaned our front cobblestones — made me feel like Spring was on its way! The picture at the top was taken standing at the front door and looking left. I love all the little barn windows and doors in red.

{ 1 trackback }

A LITTLE FLOURISH HAND STAMP | Besotted
February 10, 2013 at 9:50 pm

1 Jenny Lynn February 8, 2013 at 11:52 am

I have never sewed my hair…could totally see one of my daughters doing it though.

The birds, I have never seen anything like that.

Not a fan of Beyonce…we watched the super bowl, but I did not watch the half time show.

Have a lovely weekend!

2 Design Mom February 9, 2013 at 2:18 pm

If your daughters try it, I hope you’ll take photos and share!

3 Christa the BabbyMama February 8, 2013 at 12:30 pm

Happy weekend to you!

I’m longing for some time to craft, but going back to freelancing has thrown my schedule for a serious loop. All I want to do this weekend is paint my EAT sign but who knows… we’re probably going to be snowed in, so some baking may also be in order :)

4 Design Mom February 9, 2013 at 2:19 pm

Baking sounds so good to me on snowy days. The best!

5 Lindsey February 8, 2013 at 2:27 pm

Oh, the French countryside! That photo is making me swoon. :) One of the odd things about living in Switzerland is that it doesn’t feel very foreign much of the time. That scene of yours right there, does it feel foreign-in-a-good-way or are you just used to it now, too? I’d love to hear! xo

6 Design Mom February 9, 2013 at 2:21 pm

Such a great question, Lindsey. I think yes and no. After two years, for sure our eyes have become more accustomed to how the countryside and architecture looks here. But at the same time, I’m wowed by my views pretty much every day. And I get weepy sometimes when I drive through town and realize I won’t get to look at these amazing stone buildings on a daily basis.

7 Mills February 9, 2013 at 12:02 am

So glad you liked the infographics, too. :) Thanks for the link love, Gabrielle.

8 Design Mom February 9, 2013 at 2:21 pm

Thanks for sending the link, Mills!

9 Emily February 9, 2013 at 8:05 am

This week was one of my favorites on your blog! I always appreciate the incredible conversations that develop here!

Happiest of weekends to you and the rest of the Blairs!

10 Design Mom February 9, 2013 at 2:22 pm

Happy weekend to you to, Emily! And thank you for the kind words.

11 Tristan B. February 9, 2013 at 9:26 pm

Be still my beating heart! I came over looking for the French script image you shot awhile back and saw my link, kismet! Thank you for the mention, I am completely honored.

12 Mishti February 10, 2013 at 2:19 am

Love the FB treatment of Downton Abbey. Is that the most recent episode in the US? This season was heartbreaking.

PS: I miss your baby related posts, Gabrielle. Hope you have some on again soon. Would love to read more birth stories or any other baby-toddler-parenthood snippets.

13 teresa February 10, 2013 at 1:55 pm

Love the Bird Ballet…awesome! and your courtyard stones are to die for! Perfect colors for valentines
Happy Day!

14 Jenny February 10, 2013 at 9:53 pm

I’ve haven’t visited your blog for awhile and now wonder how I went on so long with out stopping by! Those cobblestones look so inviting! Our weekend was spent recovering from winter illnesses (not fun). But I’ve had fun watching my first attempt at organizing an online bundle sale take off! The Sew Fab e-Pattern Sale has been a success and there is still a whole day left! It has been so much fun to put on and help people get ready for their spring and summer sewing. Hopefully it is the first of many! :) Have a wonderful week, Gabrielle!

15 Koseli Cummings February 15, 2013 at 9:04 am

Thank you so much for sharing my Alt Summit recap, Gabrielle! So glad you liked it. Alt Summit was an amazing, super positive experience for me. I can’t wait to go again. Thanks again!