River Luna

January 10, 2013

River Luna River Luna
River Luna

By Koseli.

I’ve always loved the featured artists on the Etsy blog, but the recent feature on painter Marisa Redondo was something I had to share.

I had never seen her shop before the interview, but felt inspired by her thoughtful, straightforward interview. I especially loved what she said about her creative process in relation to her son:

I’ve always had a great love and appreciation for nature, but I found it even more inspiring after having my son. His fascination with the earth made me look closer at the little pieces of life that often go unnoticed. I fell in love with the fine lines of feathers, dandelions, leaves and wood grain.

Children do inspire greater attention to the small but beautiful things surrounding us.

River Luna

Marisa also says that sometimes painting feels like the most accurate form of communication for her. Isn’t that beautiful? I often feel that way about the quiet, writing, or exploring nature. I know several people that feel that way about mathematics or poetry.

What is your most accurate form of communication? Isn’t Marisa’s shop of watercolored prints beautiful?

1 Emily January 10, 2013 at 8:25 am

As simple as it may seem, I think my most accurate form of communication would be in hand-written letters. I get such a thrill from writing to someone and knowing the excitement that will come over them when they open the mailbox.

To be more specific, I think that Christmas cards are incredible. I made a pact this year to never allow my Christmas cards to be centered solely on me (or my future family). It is so important to me that each card include a heartfelt message directed at the recipient, detailing why I love and appreciate them and my hopes and dreams for them in the coming year.

I cherish notes like these and sincerely hope that those whom I send them to do as well.

2 Koseli Cummings January 10, 2013 at 11:50 am

I love letter writing, too, Emily! It’s an art. I love the idea of personalized Christmas cards. They could be a Christmas present in and of themselves.

3 Pamela Balabuszko-Reay January 10, 2013 at 8:31 am

Feathers! LOVE the feathers.

4 Koseli Cummings January 10, 2013 at 11:50 am

Me too. So beautiful.

5 Aida January 10, 2013 at 9:59 am

Her work is amazing… I felt the same way when I read Etsy’s post. I have at least 2 of her drawings in my wishlist!

6 Linda K January 10, 2013 at 11:24 am

You have such a keen eye for the speical and the wonderful Koseli. Don’t usually comment on them, but do so love your posts!

7 Koseli Cummings January 10, 2013 at 11:53 am

Linda, so sweet. Thank you so much. You totally made my day. It’s an honor to share the happiest, most beautiful, and most interesting things I find daily on Design Mom. I can’t even tell you how wonderful it has been for me to feel like I’m on a never-ending treasure hunt. And to share those things with this amazing community? It’s a gift.

Thank you.

8 Andrea January 10, 2013 at 11:48 am

Absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

9 Koseli Cummings January 10, 2013 at 11:54 am

You are so welcome, Andrea!

10 Jacquelyn Moses January 10, 2013 at 3:51 pm

Beautiful! I truly think that only a mother can see the beauty in the filthy feathers that come home with our kids, among other things. Poetry is my form of expression, and yes, I do need 1,000 words to paint my pictures.

11 Christina January 11, 2013 at 9:18 am

Thank you so much! I have never seen this shop before, and I’m loving the beautiful pieces. I love finding a new Etsy favorite! The prints would look great in my playroom (with our tipi from HouseInHabit on Etsy!) Yay!

12 April Louise January 14, 2013 at 1:16 pm

These feathers are so pretty and I really like the simple style. Thank you for introducing me to this shop!