Done Not Done

January 29, 2013

By Koseli.

A friend of mine just launched Done Not Done. Have you heard of it? It’s a new app that can help you track the things you want to do, not just the things you have to do. Isn’t that genius? Perfect for the list of places you want to go, movies you want to see, books you want to read and albums you want to listen to. You can use it from your home computer or on your phone.

What are you favorite “thoughtful” apps? I love when technology is aspirational.

P.S. — At Alt Summit, lots of people were talking about Vine. You can find Gabrielle on Vine as DesignMom.

{ 1 trackback }

New Apps « ourearleylife
January 31, 2013 at 7:23 am

1 Emily January 29, 2013 at 8:26 am

I love the concept behind Done Not Done! I used to use a Pinterest board for books, movies, and music but this seems much easier!

2 agneslamexicaine January 29, 2013 at 8:35 am

I like Done not done, I wish you could add things other than books, movies, (like traveling, etc). Or am I missing sthg?

3 Koseli Cummings January 30, 2013 at 10:17 am

Hi there! Pretty sure you can add anything. The whole idea is that it’s a non-pressure list of things you want to do/see with no deadline. You could definitely add places you want to travel to.

4 Andreas January 31, 2013 at 5:27 am

Hey! It’s Andreas from Done Not Done here.
You can’t yet add places, but we’d love to make that possible and we’re planning to do that in the near future. Great suggestion!

5 Cinzanopaws January 29, 2013 at 10:09 am

My son loves to read and is an iOS software developer. He created ‘ To Read’ a very easy to use app to keep track of books that you want to read. Check out the app at the ‘App Store’ He has also created a ‘pay as you like it’ payment system for it!

6 Koseli Cummings January 30, 2013 at 10:18 am

Very cool. Thanks for sharing!

7 TracieMcOB January 29, 2013 at 10:18 am

I love the concept of this app. I have bits and pieces of lists everywhere. BUT, not everyone is on facebook, twitter and has an iphone. (gasp, I know!!) How about an android app. Look forward to seeing it. Thanks

8 Design Mom January 30, 2013 at 7:18 am

I haven’t used it on my phone, just my laptop — but you’re right, it did require me to log-in via Twitter or Facebook. That seems strange now that I think of it. I wonder if they’ll open it up to everybody soon. I imagine requiring Twitter or Facebook cuts down on the spammers.

9 Andreas January 31, 2013 at 5:34 am

Hi there. It’s Andreas from Done Not Done here.
This feedback is super helpful. There’s definitely something for us to think about here. For now we’re depending a lot on a connection to other social networks, but I’m sure we’ll open it up to everyone soon.
We’d love to have an Android app too!
Thanks for the feedback, TracieMcOB.

10 Lindsey January 30, 2013 at 5:57 am

I use the Gratitude App to count my blessings daily. It makes such a difference! Having an attitude of gratitude changes everything. It’s a great little boost on tough days – or say the entire gloomy month of January. ;) xo

11 Koseli Cummings January 30, 2013 at 10:18 am

I’ve never heard of that. Great idea!

12 A Day in May Design February 2, 2013 at 1:10 pm

That’s a really great idea! I’ll definitely be checking that out now :).

13 female mind mastery April 24, 2013 at 6:51 pm

I am not italian, and i genuinely acquired nothing towards them, but I listen to girls declaring that
italian guys are soooo hot, and gorgeous, with product looks,
but these very same girls are with men who are not italian.

And if they’re italian, they definitely do not look like models. I mean I’m able
to comprehend the frustration of females when they see
men ogling at models/skinny women, and it tends to make me query no matter
whether my bodily look is acceptable or not. So my query is are men of other ethnicities
significantly less attractive? can it be a fantasy of each lady to become with the italian dude?

14 bobby bradshaw April 26, 2013 at 6:33 am

My darling Sorrentina (I love that!), I actually think that the eclectic combine of our
genes displays up in sudden ways. A Sicilian girl “trapped” within an Indian physique you
almost certainly appear remarkable! Exotic looks are prized
the world more than but extremely a lot so by Italian guys so you are already
at an benefit there. As significantly literature as I’ve read about Indian lifestyle, I am not certain how much Italian males distinct from Indian. Whatever they do have in frequent, even though, is possibly an undefatigable attachment to their moms! Jokes aside, Italian guys are inveterate flirts. The ones you are far more probably to satisfy in London (I lived there for a number of many years although you usually do not say exactly where you reside) are possibly more from the profession kinds, not always seeking to marry young. But most Italian guys do at some point like to calm down as well as the strategy to their coronary heart usually detours via their stomachs. Can you cook dinner? Here in LA, exactly where I didn’t
know just one Italian particular person and i was starting to skip my language, I
started going towards the Italian Institute of Society.
A lot of totally free programming, films, guide clubs
and so on despite the fact that the age seems to be fairly a
little more mature than 25. The trick to conference Italians is assembly just one by some means, plenty of other people look to comply with because they are inclined to gravitate in
the direction of each and every other and they get pleasure from undertaking factors in massive teams.
So, don’t concentrate on fellas only. Girls will do as well due to the fact they’re going to
most likely guide you where you need. In the end from the day, and
that is my experience talking, what you desire is someone together with your identical comprehending on the world, an individual who issues you, who could make you feel outside the box, no
matter what lifestyle they are from. And should you haven’t but, start off conserving and take a trip for your roots….you by no means know…

15 arrow sheds parts May 11, 2013 at 7:38 am

What are the 10 best hand tools for woodworking ( no power tools )?
I have an thought on a few but there are many plenas and don’t know which are best, so allow me know what other stuff i have missed?Planes( rabbit,block,router )hand powered drill + bitsDrawknive vs spokeshaveaugerbevelgaugeothers i have missed