A Transparent House

January 24, 2013

transparent house
transparent house
transparent house

By Koseli.

Ever dreamed of living in a house with floor to ceiling windows? Every element of these transparent houses by Santambrogio are made of structural glass, except for the floor. They’re intended to immerse the inhabitant in the surrounding nature. If you’re worried about insulation, the glass in the house is customized to accommodate varying climates anywhere in the world.

What do you think? Could you live in a transparent house? And if so, where would you want it?

{ 3 trackbacks }

Just Moms » Blog Archive » A Transparent House
January 24, 2013 at 2:42 pm
Glass House Concept by Santambrogiomilano | Room Decor
February 6, 2013 at 2:30 pm
Glass House Concept by Santambrogiomilano | Dank Logic
February 6, 2013 at 3:57 pm

1 Lauren January 24, 2013 at 8:41 am

I don’t think I could do it! My husband works in an all glass building on the 16th floor and it totally weirds me out when I go to his office and it feels like there are no walls! I know that a house would at least be on the ground, but I still think I’d feel super exposed and not secure.

2 becky January 24, 2013 at 9:06 am

nope. i walk around in my underwear too often…and it’s not a sexy underwear walk. besides, where would i go to eat my ben&jerries while watching the real housewives – my neighbors do not need to see that side of my life…i have reputation to uphold. :)

3 Koseli January 28, 2013 at 11:18 am

Ha ha! Becky, so funny.

4 CindiS January 24, 2013 at 9:34 am

I could get on board, but I can’t see a kitchen? or bathroom?

those are more important than walls.

5 Summer January 24, 2013 at 9:37 am

I agree with the restroom needing walls. I mean, if it was by myself and really secluded…maybe. I like this idea, but with automatic curtains operated by a remote. :)

Also, koseli, did I miss your “formal” introduction? I love all your posts. :)

6 Grace@ Sense and Simplicity January 24, 2013 at 9:44 am

Nope – I wouldn’t like it at all. One of my favourite things is seeing nature framed by a window (like here: http://gracie-senseandsimplicity.blogspot.ca/2010/03/friday-photo-another-view-out-window.html). To me the window frame makes nature even more beautiful, if that is possible, and rests my eyes so they know where to focus. I also love decorating walls with art and shelves full of books so a house with all glass walls would be so disappointing.

7 Becky January 24, 2013 at 10:06 am

I feel like I’d be overcome with a nearly uncontrollable urge to start throwing stones.

8 Koseli January 28, 2013 at 11:19 am

Or bouncy balls!

9 Kimberly January 24, 2013 at 1:02 pm

I try so hard to be appreciative of innovation in art and architecture but…what the what!?! Do the architects not pee?

10 l o v e l y t h i n g s January 24, 2013 at 1:52 pm

Wow! This is very cool. Almost looks like trick photography. I live in New Canaan, CT where we have Philip Johnson’s Glass house, but this takes it up a notch. I think the wooded location suits it beautifully…

11 Koseli January 28, 2013 at 11:20 am

I’ve always wanted to see that house. Hopefully this summer! I think the wooded location is crucial for a little privacy….

12 'me' January 24, 2013 at 5:14 pm

oooooo!!!!! i would like that ! but only in a forest or something, somewhere without people seeing you

13 Kaely January 24, 2013 at 5:39 pm

It kind of looks like it’s made out of lego blocks.

I hope that someday I’ll get to go to the bathroom by myself again. Clear walls are not part of that dream.

14 Nicelle January 24, 2013 at 8:22 pm

As cool as it looks, it would be my recurring bad dream…no privacy anywhere. Even in a remote place I would feel so weird. Ultimately, I would love to visit a home like this but not stay.

15 dora January 24, 2013 at 11:18 pm

I agree with Kaely on going to the bathroom alone again… Let alone with an audience. I can’t deny how beautiful and peaceful it looks.

16 Emily January 25, 2013 at 6:06 am

These people clearly do not have toddlers.

17 Koseli January 28, 2013 at 11:21 am

Ha!

18 anne thorne January 25, 2013 at 7:32 am

sunscreen anyone? and maybe some on the rump for the bathroom situation. um, no thanks. ;)

19 Charlie T January 25, 2013 at 8:05 am

Sure it would be beautiful to look out and see natural surroundings (a must for placement), but I think once moved in I would feel too exposed. That could possibly add a little thrill but not one I could see being worth it or even one I could be comfortable with!

20 Andrea K January 25, 2013 at 9:22 am

Oh dear, I would have trouble keeping those windows clean! Isn’t it funny that clean windows were my first thought?

21 christy January 25, 2013 at 11:19 am

I love how it looks like a giant ice cube!

22 Koseli January 28, 2013 at 11:22 am

It does. I hadn’t thought of that, Christy!

23 Jenny Lynn January 26, 2013 at 8:19 am

The idea is intriguing to me in an odd sort of way. It really is an amazing .

24 Erin January 26, 2013 at 8:23 pm

Would love it during the day. Fabulous. But nighttime, when it’s dark outside and lights are on inside, would be creepy even in the middle of a forest.

25 Koseli January 28, 2013 at 11:21 am

Erin, I like having my blinds down and hunkering down at night. I think I’d feel the same way.

26 http://www.52vitamin.com/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=116382&extra=page1 August 26, 2013 at 2:52 pm

Le droit de grve est un droit humain fondamental . mme pour un tudiant. Il est l’expression d’un droit d’opinion et de conviction auquel tout tre humain a droit. Faudrait il aussi interdire le droit d’expression selon les Libraux. A ton encore le droit d’tre anti libral sans tre tax d’anarchiste??? Je pose la issue: parce qu’au vu du grand dballage de la commission Charbonneau, il semble pourtant qu’il rgnait une belle anarchie dans certaines administrations librales. Mais il est vrai que cellel profitait au grand march capitaliste