A Room Within a Room

January 15, 2013

By Gabrielle.

What do you think of the Cocoon concept furniture? I’m kind of drawn to it. Something about the tiny sink. I really, really like tiny spaces!

Maybe it’s just me thinking about how crazy our big family can be sometimes, and I crave the idea of escaping, but still sort of being present. I imagine you’d have to live in a house with high ceilings or a grand scale for this sort of thing to make sense — maybe an old industrial loft. Or maybe it works best outside.

Suddenly, I’m picturing the living room of a family of introverts, each person with their own pod. : )

Thoughts? What would it feel like in neutral colors instead of primaries?

{ 2 trackbacks }

7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 203) : Conversion Diary
January 17, 2013 at 11:01 pm
More Beautiful Things for a cold Friday « EZRA ZOE
January 18, 2013 at 11:37 am

1 Shannon { A Mom's Year } January 15, 2013 at 8:11 am

I’m dating myself here, but it made me think of the John Travolta movie, Boy in the Plastic Bubble. And also our hamster.

You’re right–the introverts in my family would love it!

2 Christa the BabbyMama January 15, 2013 at 8:49 am

I want to roll around in it like a hamster ball!

3 Kimberly January 15, 2013 at 9:06 am

I’m sure I’d still end up with a dog and cat crammed in there with me.

(I, too, thought of the Boy in the Bubble. )

4 rachel swartley January 15, 2013 at 11:56 am

I’m feeling claustrophobic just thinking about it. :)

5 Anna January 15, 2013 at 1:09 pm

I had to read and laugh at this when I saw it “room within a room”. Our dear friend built a “pod” within his apartment to block out the noise of the neighbors, sound proofed it, wired it and everything…was the funniest thing ever. It was about the size of a double bed in width. He did get a good nights sleep though.

6 Betsy January 15, 2013 at 1:35 pm

Holy cow – that makes me so claustrophobic I can hardly breathe just looking at it. You couldn’t pay me enough to get inside one of those things.

Going out for a breath of fresh air now!

7 Tricia January 16, 2013 at 8:55 am

Hah! I totally understand your reaction, but mine is exactly the opposite. If I could, I would practically wear one of these. It’s a literal space bubble to match my figurative one.

8 Valerie January 16, 2013 at 10:26 am

It’s funny you write that last statement as looking at the pictures I immediately thought, “I would love that in earth tones or neutral colors” Something like linen, burlap, khaki, wood or faux stone.