By Gabrielle. Illustration by Micah Player.
Hello, Friends! How are you? We are having a snow day today! The first one of this winter. We’ve built a roaring fire and we’re cooking a big pot of chili. And everyone is walking around the house in big sweaters or robes — it’s hard to keep this big old farmhouse warm. : )
Do you have any plans for the weekend? We are going to our neighbor’s house tomorrow for a King Cake celebration. We’re really looking forward to it! I’ve also got to get packed for Alt Summit, because I take the train to Paris on Sunday night for an early flight the next day. Super excited! How about you?
While I pull on my coziest socks, here are a few things I’ve been wanting to share with you:
– Lately Lily created this fantastic illustration in response to Betty in Paris. It made me grin like crazy. (Thank you, by the way, for all the kind words about the video. We’re soooo pleased about the wonderful reaction!)
– Parenting without your parents.
– Have your kids ever gone through a firefighter phase? This app looks good.
– A great big sister + little sister bedroom.
– Woah. This looks so futuristic.
– Do you have strong feelings about Angelia Jolie?
– The latest issue of Seeing the Everyday looks wonderful.
– A cute monster-themed party — I like the one-eyed rice crispie treats.
– A great photo essay on what she’s packing for Alt Summit.
I hope you have a fantastic weekend. If you’re experiencing record heat (hello, Australia!), I hope you find a way to keep cool. If you’re in snow up to your ears (hello, Salt Lake City!), I hope you find a way to stay cozy. I’ll meet you all back here on Monday. I miss you already.