LandFillHarmonic

December 17, 2012

By Gabrielle.

So how are you doing today? You made it through the weekend. Another Monday has arrived. You’re navigating the odd feelings of despair-on-top-of-holiday-cheer.

A bit later today, I’ll share a post about talking to your kids about tragedy. But before we get there, let’s start off the day with this gasp-worthy movie preview that will restore some of our faith in humanity. Thank you to Design Mom readers, Rebecca and Liz, for the link.

I just know this week will be better than last. Keep looking up.

1 susan December 17, 2012 at 5:10 am

Thank you Gabrielle. This is just what we needed today. I am holding onto this, actually printed on my kids Youth Group t-shirts, Love God, Love Others, Do Good!

2 Ivonne December 17, 2012 at 6:34 am

Dear Gabby,
Since the publication of this video, I wanted to send it to you.
This is one side of the country where I live, a country with huge inequality.
But among so much injustice, are projects like this.
What I like about this video is how well it reflects the enthusiasm of its director. Several years ago, I met him when I was in college. He is how he looks in the film. His love for teaching music to young people is so contagious that manages to make music where you’d think it’s impossible.
I am glad that you have received it and what pleased me more is that you put as an example of beauty and hope.
Excuse my grammar, English is not my first language and it shows …

3 shell December 17, 2012 at 9:46 am

Amazing. Perfect at this time. Thank you for pointing us in the direction of hope, humanity, beauty and creativity.

4 Andrea December 17, 2012 at 10:27 am

Absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

5 Liz December 17, 2012 at 5:54 pm

Thanks so much for posting this….the inspiration we need for sure. Li z

6 Emily {The Best of this Life} December 18, 2012 at 8:41 pm

Wow! Just lovely! Thanks for sharing :)