From Your Desk

December 14, 2012

From Your Desk / Doug Johnston

By Koseli. Images are Fiona Ackerman’s deskDoug Johnston’s desk.

Kate Donnelly created From Your Desk as “a site dedicated solely to canvas of the Desk”. People from all around the world share photos of their desks and talk about the tools they can’t live without (like a magic 8 ball and lip balm), their sources of inspiration, and their careers. It’s fascinating. I also love the Visit Random Desk option so you can jump from desk to desk.

I’d love to know, where do you work? Big desk? Small desk? With a laptop on the sofa?

1 Jen | Family Sponge December 14, 2012 at 7:37 am

What a fun website! My desk used to be cute and organized— but lately it looks like utter chaos. Guess that’s what the holidays can do to you, right? PS: I have a small antique desk I use that weigh 500 pounds and my husband and a friend had to lift it to our second floor. But I LOVE it!

2 Koseli Cummings December 14, 2012 at 7:51 am

Jen, that is so funny. If you love it, you love it.

3 Sara @ What About Sara December 14, 2012 at 8:16 am

I work from our bed! It’s funny, but I wrote my entire master’s thesis (while pregnant!) from our bed. Imogen Heap on my iTunes, a cup of cocoa or a glass of orange soda, and it’s the perfect writing atmosphere!

4 Koseli Cummings December 15, 2012 at 8:29 am

Sara, that’s amazing! I once finished a huge freelance project while on full bed rest. It wasn’t so bad.

5 Kim @ design + life + kids December 14, 2012 at 4:16 pm

Absolutely love this idea. As I look around at the mess that is my office…I realize how organized + tidy I am throughout my home with exception to this room and this room only. It’s an organized mess… although I kinda hate that phrase. I leave things out on my desk as a reminder to “use” them…but many of these things have been sitting here for months.

6 Sarah Barksdale Design December 17, 2012 at 10:25 am

I love that site! Something about seeing the way other people work and get inspired inspires me. When you spend a good deal of time at your desk it is important, I think, to make it your own.