A Few Things

December 21, 2012

By Gabrielle.

Hello, Friends! How are you doing? Are you ready for the weekend? I’m betting some of you are feeling on top of things and have all your errands done. (High-five!) Others, including me, have few more gifts to pick up and deliver. And still others have non-Christmas reasons to celebrate! As for the Blairs, in addition to the above mentioned gift-shopping, we’ll be attending a recital at the school today, going to parties tonight and tomorrow, and shopping for our Christmas Eve feast before the stores close up for the holiday.

But before I attend to my errands, here are a few things I’ve been wanting to share with you:

- Instead of holiday card, an annual report.

- A new-to-me photographer I am loving.

- Did you know you could buy a font subscription?

- The cutest nativity video in the history of the world.

- A finger-knit wreath. (I’m bookmarking for next year.)

- Ready to think about New Year’s Parties? I’ve collected a bunch of great ideas.

- In case you missed it, some here’s some help for the weekend:
How to Tie a Bow
How to Wrap a Present
9 Last-Minute Hostess Gifts.

Whatever your holiday status, and whatever you’re up to this weekend, I hope you’ll be surrounded by delicious food, beautiful music and the people you love. Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays!

This blog will be taking a break on Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday, but I’ll meet you back here next Thursday. I miss you already.

kisses,
Gabrielle

P.S. — This year, instead of using the French Industrial stencils as ornaments, we used them spell out a holiday message.

1 Linda K December 21, 2012 at 10:10 am

Perfect timing for the finger-knit wreath link! My son is sitting at my office (snow day) finger knitting an incredibly long strand trying to figure out what to do with it – garland? Infinity scarf ? And, now, wreath? Thanks.

Joyeux noel et bonne annee Gabrielle!

2 Ivonne December 21, 2012 at 10:12 am

Merry Christmas, Gabrielle and family!

3 Bonnie @ the pin junkie December 21, 2012 at 10:33 am

The annual report is awesome! Very clever spin on the traditional holiday newsletter.

4 Christa the BabbyMama December 21, 2012 at 10:39 am

I’m, um, kind of ready? I have a few more things to wrap and I’m frantically working to finish a scarf before we leave for a short vacay tomorrow! Eek!

5 Gina at willowday December 21, 2012 at 10:57 am

You have such a great conversational way of writing! I am in the later catagory! We’ve just arrived from Sweden, in the US; straight into a blizzard — great for cozy but terrible for errands! Wishinh you the best!

6 Pamela Balabuszko-Reay December 21, 2012 at 11:04 am

Merry Christmas!
Every blessing to you and yours.

Pamela

7 Gina at willowday December 21, 2012 at 11:07 am

I had to respond to posting about finger knitting (beautiful wreaths and photography! Thanks for sharing) but i just had to say three cheers for finger knitting! We’ve just put yarn in our travel bags and all kids are finger knitting nuts! I’ll share a really simple letter ornament that the kids made whcih are so sweet and fun; for anyone looking for an eady kid project. As always, thank you design mom for your great collection of ideas and inspiration!

Our finger knitting ornaments

8 Barchbo December 21, 2012 at 11:17 am

Merry Christmas to the Blair clan! Enjoy the holiday!

9 Martha December 21, 2012 at 11:27 am

Have a beautiful Christmas, reading this blog is a gift :)

10 Megan M. December 21, 2012 at 2:13 pm

The annual report is adorable! I’m impressed by the wreath, too.

11 Sarah December 22, 2012 at 6:55 am

OMG- that IS the most adorable Christmas story video in the history of the world! Thanks so much for posting. I love the sheep and the wise men :) Merry Christmas!

12 Amy Hackworth December 22, 2012 at 7:03 am

What a sweet nativity video! Love, love, loved the joy and celebration of it!

13 laurence Amélie Schneider December 23, 2012 at 4:10 pm

chère Gabrielle , je vous écris en français afin de garder un caractère privé à ce petit message , je suis une admiratrice de votre travail ( ravissant votre tutu sans couture )
creatif , original , rafraichissant , tout en veillant sur vos 6 poussins !!!!
(vous devriez proposer vos services et idées à ” marie claire idées ) quoique votre blog montre et démontre déjà vos créations , je suis peintre et ai un pied sur le continent américain , et un autre en France , comme vous je vis à la campagne en France , mais dans le Gâtinais ( cependant , je n’ai QUE cinq enfants ha ha ha ) , je serais honorée de vous rencontrer ou du moins de correspondre ….; si cela vous amuse vous pouvez aller visiter mon site , mais aussi un blog parmis d’autres : sur google tapez ” grange de charme , laurence Amelie ” si ça vous amuse d’en découvrir davantage d’une manière plus ” journalistico-meilleure amie ”
je vous souhaite de très jolies fêtes de Noël qui me semblent déjà très jolies , créatives , modernes fraiches , mais aussi pleines de promesse de tendresse ;
n’hésitez pas à correspondre avec moi en Anglais je me débrouille en répondant en ” frenglish ” , à très bientôt je l’espère ……., laurence
je vais de ce pas contempler les vidéos et tous vos posts tranquillement …

14 laurence Amélie Schneider December 23, 2012 at 4:26 pm

dear Gabrielle , I love everything especially the cute video and the lovely pictures of the art photographer and the very funny post card
congratulations , merry xmas and happy new year laurence

15 jhonwilliam30 December 26, 2012 at 11:29 am

Good work! I always like to leave comments whenever I see something unusual or impressive. I think we must appreciate those who do something especial. Keep it up, thanks
edward
samaa tv

16 Brittany MdP December 27, 2012 at 6:01 am

Anne Weil has the best ideas for crafts with children on her blog, Flax and Twine. I’m bookmarking the finger-knit wreath for next year, too. It’s so good for kids (and adults) to have a hobby that allows them to exercise motor skills and relax the critical-thinking parts of their brains. She also has a post about five-strand braid bracelets, which I’m trying now with my seven-year-old son. We’re preparing twenty-four of them for the classroom Valentine’s Day party next year. :)

17 Lola G. December 27, 2012 at 8:07 pm

Thanks so much for the introduction to Scarlet & Snow. Not only are her photographs beyond beautiful, she’s also in Oregon, which is one of my favorite places to recharge and drink in the wonders of the natural world! I’m sending New Year’s best wishes to the Family Blair — may the paths of your journeys lead to much love, laughter, and wisdom.

18 Buffy March 6, 2014 at 11:53 pm

Territorial rating has the effect of punishing QuotesChimp because of where they live. It also has the frequent effect of making insurance unaffordable to some of the poorest people in the country, those who live and work in inner cities. To eliminate these inequities, laws should be passed mandating rate-setting based more on the individual policyholder’s driving record, mileage driven, and years of driving experience and less upon residence. “Good driver” discounts of up to 20 percent should also be mandated by law. This would act as an incentive to drivers to obey traffic laws, which would have the beneficial side effect of reducing accidents and saving lives.