Hello, Friends! Has it been a good week? Any fun plans for the weekend? We’re attending an art exhibit of Jean François Sineux, and we’ll do some Christmas shopping too. I’m looking forward to both!
The photo above is Maude helping make our advent calendar. Last Saturday, which happened to be December 1st, I was pondering what we should do for an advent calendar this year, when I looked up and realized our front window has 24 panes. Perfection!! So we covered each pane with thin tissue and taped a number to every pane in random order (I added a few holiday postcards just for fun).
On the back of each number is a simple activity to mark the day — and make the most of the season. Things like: Make Wassail, Watch A Christmas Story, and Sing Carols Around the Piano.
Each day we pull off the piece of tissue and let in a little more sunshine. : ) Today’s activity: Walk down main street to look at the lights! While we bundle up for our little walk, here are a few things I’ve wanted to share with you:
- A Christmas tree for book lovers.
- This video of an Amazon distribution center blew my mind.
- Chocolate plus… eggplant?
- Treehouse, just south of Paris. Made me gasp. Thanks, Arika.
- Pitch your idea for peace.
- Typography by Collin.
- Paper stars.
- A beautiful video about letterpress, a farm and a mother.
- One of my favorite apps for kids is free this month! Timbuktu has a new story each day.
I hope you have a marvelous weekend! I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.