Print Aid NYC

November 13, 2012

By Koseli.

Friends. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful stories of community and selfless service. As a Brooklynite, it’s amazing to hear of, and see first hand, people coming together to support and lift one another. Sadly, across the Eastern Seaboard, the aftermath of Sandy continues to devastate. There are still thousands of people without power and many who have sustained tragic loss.

One relief effort that’s close to my heart: Print Aid NYC. It’s an online poster shop selling prints made by NYC-based designers and illustrators. These limited edition prints were inspired by the theme of light, per the little carousel that could in DUMBO, Brooklyn.

Contributing designers and illustrators include my husband, Keenan Cummings, Liz Libre, Cole Nielsen, Samantha Hahn, Jana Laidlaw, Linsey Laidlaw, and Alonzo Felix, among several others. One hundred percent of the proceeds will go to the Mayor’s Fund for Hurricane Relief, which is assisting in the hardest hit areas like Staten Island, Coney Island, Rockaways, and Red Hook.

I hope you love the posters. Thank you so much for your support!

P.S. — Many thanks to Squarespace for graciously donating the beautiful site, GSB Inc. for exceptional printing service. Follow Print Aid NYC on the blogFacebook and Twitter to know when additional prints are added to the shop.

{ 1 trackback }

Hurricane Sandy Relief // Ways to Help
November 14, 2012 at 4:00 pm

1 Gina November 13, 2012 at 1:51 pm

I have commented elsewhere that I think it is very admirable to watch neighbors and strangers come together in the aftermath of a disaster. These posters look fabulous. Sharing! :)

2 Koseli Cummings November 26, 2012 at 6:52 pm

Thank you, Gina. Many in the series are almost sold out, but new editions are being added each day. It’s so exciting to see all our hard work going to such a good cause. Print Aid NYC’s contributors are the best!

3 Carter Higgins November 13, 2012 at 2:35 pm

So beautiful! And slightly sad, but mostly beautiful.

4 Kate The Great November 13, 2012 at 4:02 pm

I prefer to donate directly. When Hurricane Katrina came and went, I knew that our church (the LDS church) was one of the first on the scene with disaster relief, and that I donated in tithing. But I still felt bad that I hadn’t done anything myself to help those in that area. You know?

So this time, I have an aunt who lives in Park Slope and she has a friend who’s running disaster relief from her apartment: one of those amazing take-charge-and-go kind of girls. So I asked her for a needs list and an address. She told me that Fed-Ex is delivering in Rockaway. And I went to Walgreen’s just down the street with her list and then to my local post office store.

It makes me feel good, the same way you’d feel if you loved this art and if you bought it. I’d be willing to share the list and the address if anyone else wants to use it.

5 Liz and Lo November 13, 2012 at 9:26 pm

So inspiring! We’re buying some now!! Thank you for sharing! Our thoughts are with everyone back in the Big Apple.
xox Liz and Lo {celestandpearl.blogspot.com}