Come Chat With Me!

November 5, 2012

By Gabrielle.

Here’s something fun: I’ll be hosting a live chat this Thursday, November 8th at 11:00 AM PST (that’s 2:00 PM for those of you on the East Coast) on Pottery Barn Kid’s Facebook page. I hope you’ll come and ask me all your kid+design questions! No pressure, but I highly recommend you mark your calendar and set your alarm. Questions! Answers! Live! Chatting! I don’t want you to miss it. : )

I’ve only tried live chats a couple of times, so I don’t really have any expectations. Meaning: the topic is officially design, but if you’re curious about something else, I’m open. If there’s anything on your mind, bring it! And I’ll do my best to answer as quickly as possible. You’ll know I’m typing too fast if you notice more than my usual amount of typos.

And for those of you not on Facebook, my apologies in advance. Tell me how to make it up to you! Maybe we can do a live chat on Twitter on another day…

P.S. — Have you seen the Pottery Barn Kids gift selection? I pinned a bunch of my favorites the other day — like the milk & eggs set.

1 Christa the BabbyMama November 5, 2012 at 9:17 am

Love the milk and egg set! Actually, I just love wooden food :)

2 Angela DeMuro November 5, 2012 at 10:11 pm

November 8th is my Birthday! So I will hopefully join in! How exciting!

3 julia [life on churchill] November 6, 2012 at 7:47 am

sounds really fun. i’ll put it on my calendar!

4 Brittany MdP November 8, 2012 at 4:03 am

Hi Gabby, I deactivated my FB account more than a year ago, so I can’t participate in the online discussion. However, if I could participate, I would ask you for advice on how to balance a creative kid’s need to be “messy” (i.e., paper cutting scraps on the floor, artwork taped to his walls, pipe cleaner animals strung from desk-to-bed-to-art-easel in a scene of pursuit) and everyone’s need–mine, his, our family’s–to reduce clutter. I’m constantly having this trouble with my 6-year-old son and 2-year-old daughter. They are both “spirited” children, highly creative, and yet I have trouble appreciating these qualities much of the time because I know that I have hours of tidying to do every.single.day. I sometimes wonder if we would benefit from better furniture in their rooms–shelves with baskets that hide mish-mash collections, or drawers that can be closed…but then there’s still the hidden mess…My sister in law is an elementary school teacher, and she said that every child should have a corner of his/her room that can remain messy, a place for unfinished projects.

How do you manage this with your kids? I’m sure you have a good solution, so I eagerly await your reply.
Thanks!
Brittany

5 julia [life on churchill] November 8, 2012 at 3:54 pm

we have similar issues at our house. I clipboard favorite art to clipboards in our kitchen then once a week I sort the keepers. We try to play with 1 activity at at a time cleaning in between. And I’ve realized that with kids the house is always going to be messy :)

6 ariel December 14, 2012 at 11:33 am

i love this site is awsome….