Watercolor Eyes

October 16, 2012

By Raleigh-Elizabeth.

Eye shadows in delicate pastels and light neons were center stage during fashion week, adding something special to everyone who wore them. The pretty watercolor eyes look gorgeous on the models, and I can’t help but think they’d brighten up a dreary winter day.

My best friend wears a splash of color on her eyelids every day, but I’m still a little scared. I guess I don’t want to be known as that woman with the blazing blue eyeshadow!

Every shade in my makeup case is grey, brown, or, if I’m feeling really bold, a pale gold. My makeup selection could use a little excitement! Do you have any tips for a color novice like me?

Fashion-forward makeup advice found here.

{ 1 trackback }

ebb & flow :: fabulous finds & divine designs » Weekend Wrap Up 11.21
October 21, 2012 at 11:20 am

1 Jenni Bailey October 16, 2012 at 7:43 am

I think pastel pink shadow looks good on nearly everyone. It’s a gentle departure from the safe neutrals. I have one from Urban Decay that I love called “SWF.” It is described as “pale cotton candy pink with silver micro glitter.” I feel pretty and done up – but not over done – when I wear it.

2 raleigh-elizabeth October 16, 2012 at 5:46 pm

The sound of that shade is beyond pretty… it’s delicious!

3 Koseli October 16, 2012 at 7:44 am

So pretty! Somehow this looks fairly neutral and not over-painted. I love it.

4 Blink Blink October 16, 2012 at 5:07 pm

Ooooh. Pretty pastels. Such an upgrade from my junior-high years (middle-school years to you younger women) with my upper lids caked with cobalt blue. My Mother was correct to threaten: “Young lady, if I catch you wearing that wretched blue stuff on your eyes again, it’s gonna be you and me.”

“You and me” is not anything you’d ever want to be with my Mother. Translation: A 1+ hour lecture about all my hair-brained ideas and why they were just that.

Biggest peeve: She always made sense; lots of sense.

5 raleigh-elizabeth October 16, 2012 at 5:46 pm

Hmmm… maybe I SHOULD stay away from blue!

6 MamaChristy October 17, 2012 at 1:54 pm

Here’s a good link:

I wear purple eyeshadow exclusively because my eyes are green. Very light swipe most of the time, but dark and glam for an evening out. Have fun with it!