Rain Room

October 23, 2012

By Gabrielle.

Spending any amount of time in the rain is usually only a joy when you’re five, not wearing your favorite shoes, and completely unconcerned that your clothes are turning transparent! Growing up in the desert, summer rainstorms were my favorite. They were practically magical. So I look outside my window every time it starts to pour and wish for a second — before reality sets in: I’m not in the desert anymore! — that I was out there in it with Ben Blair. Instead, I usually light a fire and stay warm and dry inside. : )

We may have to hit the Rain Room at London’s Barbican, a high-tech indoor rainstorm that falls everywhere except on those walking through it. All the romance without the running mascara!

Found via Thought You Should See This.

{ 2 trackbacks }

Feels So Good (Instrumental) | right beat radio
October 27, 2012 at 5:14 pm
Design Crush » Happy Weekend
November 9, 2012 at 8:00 am

1 robin October 23, 2012 at 7:07 am

I spent so much time at the Barbican as a child. I would love to go back and see this.

2 Sandra Gonzales October 23, 2012 at 7:20 am

There is something magical about rainstorms. And romantic too…. I love the rain scene in “The Notebook”.

3 Elizabeth T. October 23, 2012 at 8:49 am

A few weeks ago I was at a work conference in Barbados (I know, lucky) and the prime minister hosted a reception at his home that was totally over the top with traditional food from a famous fish market town and live music — right as the dancing started to get going a cloudburst opened up, and most people scrambled onto the stage or into nearby food and bar tents, but I decided I was already wet, and some colleagues and I just kept dancing in the rain — we were coming to the end of a stressful and hectic event and it was such a great, joyful release – even some of our senior managers kept dancing – a great memory! (the rain didn’t last long and soon everyone was back out on the dance floor!)

4 Ann October 23, 2012 at 9:24 am

If you go see this I want to hear all about it!

5 kimberly October 23, 2012 at 1:18 pm

The line, or shall I say queue is over 2 hours. Is it worth it…well yes, if you have one partner to stand in line and the other to take the kiddos to the children’s library on floor 2….but beware if you go with children….WALK SLOWLY…they did not tell us anything prior to walking into the room. Therefore my two daughters ran straight into the rain, AND GOT SOAKED….I am a parent, so what did I do…I ran after them AND GOT SOAKED. SO word to the wise, it is really amazing to walk slowly through this installation and have the rain part in front of you.

6 Susan October 24, 2012 at 5:10 am