Nightmares Fear Factory

October 22, 2012

By Gabrielle.

People who get scared in movies are so much cuter than the rest of us in real life! (Think sweet Drew Barrymore’s screech in E.T., Neve Campbell in Scream, and gorgeous Janet Leigh in Psycho.) It’s hard to be pretty when you’re petrified. These candid images were taken at a haunted house in Niagara Falls, Canada called Nightmares Fear Factory.

They have me laughing so hard! (I wonder what the scary thing is that has them screaming.) Also. I never go to haunted houses if I can help it. They terrify me! What about you? Do enjoy the thrill of being scared?

Thanks to My Modern Met for the laughs!

{ 2 trackbacks }

Happy Weekend! | Snippet & Ink
October 26, 2012 at 7:31 am
» Happy Weekend! May I Have The Ring
October 27, 2012 at 11:04 pm

1 Christy@SweetandSavoring October 22, 2012 at 3:48 pm

It’s funny, I though the pictures were staged at first because you don’t even know what’s frightening them!

Usually, I laugh at scary movies– it’s hard for me to be creeped out when watching something, but in real life some people get a kick out of waiting around a corner and surprising me to hear me shriek. Grrrr!

2 BON VOYAGE October 22, 2012 at 4:13 pm

This is really funny once you know what’s happening in the photos. My kids love scaring each other. I’ll show them these pictures and see what they have to say. ANd I bet the kids will be laughing on the floor when I tell him what’s happening… Thanks. Fun.

3 Design Mom October 23, 2012 at 5:27 am

Totally. It takes a minute to even recognize what you’re seeing.

4 Stella October 22, 2012 at 4:15 pm

Hahaha! Classic. I used to love going to haunted houses. Now I have my husband, who loves to scare me all day everyday. He is always popping out from around corners or sneaking up on me. He gets me EVERY time.

5 Design Mom October 23, 2012 at 5:28 am

Oh my goodness. If Ben Blair scared me I’m not sure what I would do. I have the worst reactions to stuff like that!

6 New Dress A Day October 22, 2012 at 4:18 pm

Um, this just made my day! So hilarious!! Just glad it’s them and not me! xx Marisa

7 the emily October 22, 2012 at 4:40 pm

That first one has me cracking up! how did that girl get her leg wrapped around her mom in time? So funny.

8 Design Mom October 23, 2012 at 5:29 am

I thought the same thing. That leg!

9 Vera October 22, 2012 at 4:46 pm

no, I can be a scaredy cat sometimes. But I did go see a horror flick last Sunday, but I laughed more than anything else. :)

10 Dale Coykendall October 22, 2012 at 7:06 pm

Wow they look absolutely petrified I can only take really camp versions of horror movies, speaking of which… the last debate just came on have to fly

11 Jenny P October 22, 2012 at 7:14 pm

So funny.

This was the lightness I need tonight and I’m only 15 minutes into the debate!

12 Linnea October 22, 2012 at 7:24 pm

Word on the street: one of the props in the haunted house is a car that explodes out of the darkness and accelerates quickly toward you. Crazy!

I’d be terrified, too! I don’t think I’d be brave enough to go through that haunted house (it sounds super intense).

13 Design Mom October 23, 2012 at 5:30 am

I’m so glad you told us what they were seeing. My imagination was running wild. I’d freak out if a car came screeching toward me!

14 Miss Lindsey D October 22, 2012 at 7:54 pm

These photos are amazing! They make me smile! I can’t do haunted houses being scared is just scary ;)

15 Olivia October 22, 2012 at 8:35 pm

Yeah, I heard that it looks like a car is about ready to hit you. Which is great because that is like a ligit thing to freak out about. Not like a clown in the cornor with a knife. Even though I’d probably look like those people if I saw that too. Eeekkk!

I love haunted houses and being scared but I’m SUPER easily freaked out too.

16 Sara October 22, 2012 at 10:15 pm

Oh, I am such a chicken. I hate scary anything. I actually refer to myself as the Halloween grinch because (among other reasons) I really don’t enjoy any of the spooky aspects of the holiday. Of course, I like to plan my children’s costumes and I love see the joy on their faces as they trick or treat (and our neighborhood is literally Hollywood-perfect for that), but honestly you would have to pay ME a of money to subject myself to going through a scary haunted house or watch a horror movie. Even knowing, of course, that it’s not real, it’s just still too anxiety provoking. I’m such a wimp that I find even these obviously funny pictures cringe-worthy ;).

This may seem hokey, but having losing brother over a decade ago (actually on November 1st), makes me take the whole issue of life and death very seriously. When I lived in Arizona, I liked the Day of the Dead tradition of honoring and remembering lost loved ones, but I can’t help the stick-in-the-mud feeling that decorating with skeletons and gravestones seems disrespectful and naive. I don’t mean that I think that way about the individuals who love to decorate for Halloween in whatever way they think is fun, but I can’t help that feeling when I see them.

(Sorry for my tangent…hope this makes sense and doesn’t seem offensive to anyone; just my personal perspective.)

17 Rachel October 22, 2012 at 10:30 pm

I don’t go anywhere near haunted anything! My kids find great delight in jumping out at me all day long and no matter what, I jump out of my skin, even if I know they’re going to do it!

18 Alicia W. October 23, 2012 at 12:55 am

I canNOT do haunted houses…they make me hysterical. I like the fun aspect of my kids dressing up, even though my daughters now insist on being something scary, but I don’t enjoy the creepy, gory, scary-ness of it all.

19 Design Mom October 23, 2012 at 5:32 am

I think I’m in the same place as you, Alicia. I love the creative aspects of Halloween but try to steer clear of the gore.

20 Abbie October 23, 2012 at 9:50 am

I haven’t been to a haunted house in years. The last one I went to was in a cornfield outside of DC and the trails lead you through the woods, into an old trailer, etc. One of the actors jumped out in front of me and I punched him in the face. I felt so guilty that I haven’t been back.

21 Cathi October 23, 2012 at 7:13 pm

I do not like anything scary. Not one bit! I did go in the House of Horrors at Universal Studios but only for my 12 year old grandson. We’ll do anything for grandchildren, right? Well, hear me when I tell you that there is an early exit door not to far into that House of Horror. I know because I took it! My grandson finished the Horrors alone with Grandpa! Ha!

22 bdaiss October 23, 2012 at 11:32 pm

Oh, these are so fun! I love haunted houses. I love scary movies. I always say the best movie is one that makes me jump or scream.

23 TN October 24, 2012 at 7:17 am

too funny! I would not want to be caught on photo like that!