Mujjo Touchscreen Gloves

October 5, 2012

By Koseli.

Can’t you feel it? The days are getting shorter, and it’s definitely time for winter gear! I can’t really imagine the cold winter months without Mujjo’s unisex touchscreen gloves.

The science of it all is pretty cool. Touchscreens work by sensing the conductive properties of your skin. Mujjo gloves are made of high-quality silver-coated, conductive nylon fibers knitted into the fabric of the glove, so you can use any touchscreen device with your gloves on. And, unlike most of the other touchscreen gloves out there, Mujjo technology runs throughout all ten fingers and your palms, too.

So when you’re leaving the grocery store with bags in one hand, a tiny hand in another, and your phone rings with a call you’ve been waiting for all day, no more tugging off your mittens with your teeth! And can you imagine the photos you can snap on the ski slope? Take away the threat of frozen fingertips, and I’m thinking your photography (and texting!) skills might sky-rocket!

P.S. This could also help your on-the-go photos.

{ 1 trackback }

Inspiration + Happy Weekend | Penelope and Pip
October 12, 2012 at 1:00 pm

1 debra October 5, 2012 at 10:50 am

my brother-in-law once answered his phone with his tongue because he was mountain climbing with gloves on and couldn’t safely take them off (one wonders why he answered his phone at all). this seems like a much better solution.

2 Koseli October 12, 2012 at 4:05 pm

Oh gosh. That’s crazy! He needs these gloves ASAP, Debra.

3 Sarah Barksdale Design October 5, 2012 at 11:03 am

What a great invention! It is so frustrating to have to pull gloves on and off to use my iphone in the winter. Not to mention that my fingers freeze every time I try to send a text message

4 Design Mom October 5, 2012 at 11:16 am

So cool, Koseli! Great post. Putting these on my winter wishlist.

5 Birgit October 5, 2012 at 11:58 am

Muji has them too :) in fact, did I not read about them on this blog?

6 Koseli October 5, 2012 at 12:40 pm

Yes, I bought my husband and I a pair of Muji ones last winter and loved them so much. Touchscreen winter gloves would make perfect stocking stuffers for guys (or gals) that are hard to shop for. :)

7 This girl loves to talk October 5, 2012 at 3:23 pm

ha! I heard a funny story this week

A lady was selling fingerless gloves at some markets and only being moderately succesful. A teen girl comes by and squeals ‘oooh texting gloves!” the lady is like what? Anyway she changes her sign from fingerless gloves to ‘texting gloves’ and they sell lots faster and she charged more money. Sold out in no time :)

8 Katherine Garvey October 5, 2012 at 10:22 pm

In the old days (ha!) before this glove technology, I heard that you could use a hotdog or a sausage to operate your smartphone screen with gloves on. I wanted to make a “hotdog pocket” for my coat, but then I realized that I would be walking around with processed meat and could possibly get attacked by feral dogs. I’m loving these gloves, great gift idea!

9 Koseli October 22, 2012 at 9:06 am

So funny, Katherine! I’ve heard that too but never seen it in action. I imagine that would be very surprising to see somebody walking down the street, using a hot dog to text.

10 Ian Hancock October 6, 2012 at 1:33 am

Love the idea but would worry about the phone slipping off the knitted part. Anyone experience any issues like that?

11 Suzette cook October 8, 2012 at 5:43 pm

Been meaning to check these out, but now I think I’d rather carry a hot dog in my pocket. Thanks anyway Koseli!

12 Koseli October 12, 2012 at 4:06 pm

Another day another hot dog, Suzette.

13 christina October 9, 2012 at 7:44 pm

someone told me a dab of ‘thermal paste’ (super cheap and you can buy it online or at radio shack in the us etc) on the finger tip of any gloves would make them work with your iPhone.

14 Koseli October 12, 2012 at 4:07 pm

No way! I’m totally looking into this. Thanks so much Christina!