Lashes

October 9, 2012

By Gabrielle.

If I had a make-up artist living next door, I’d beg her to come over every morning and apply false eyelashes for me. I’ve told you before, but I love nothing more than batting my lashes at Ben Blair from across the room while we’re working; I think false eyelashes could really take my flirting to the next level!

Alas, I am hopeless when it comes to glue and tweezers, and I would spend the entire day wondering if they were falling off. Not cute!

This product looks interesting, though. Three steps — activating mascara base, nylon lash fibers, and top coat — and you’re left with eyebrow-dusting lashes just as lush yet not as difficult or delicate as false eyelashes. For $35, would you try it? I just might!

P.S. — I still love reading the comments in this post!

1 Jenni Bailey October 9, 2012 at 7:14 am

I will try absolutely ANY mascara product. I have six white lashes over my right eye that look terrible and so far I haven’t found anything that will cover them to my satisfaction. I would probably pay a hundred dollars for something that really worked.

2 susan October 9, 2012 at 7:21 am

I was a flight attendant many years ago and applied my false eyelashes before every trip. Only problem is when one of them detaches part way sometimes you can’t feel it and you do end up looking……………..like a caterpillar has taken over your eyelid. Too funny. Good luck with the mascara and eye batting.

3 Kaylee October 9, 2012 at 8:24 am

I tried that stuff at Ulta and didn’t enjoy the results. The nylon fibers are an interesting concept, but in reality they kept flaking off throughout the day, and were a complete pain to remove at night. If you decide to use it, make sure you don’t apply the nylon to your bottom lashes, or your eyes will keep sticking together even after the mascara dries. :/

4 Kristen E October 9, 2012 at 8:36 am

This sounds really great! I might have to give it a try. I’m very blessed to have long, dark lashes already, but my eyes are my best feature and the lashes are a part of that! I love wearing black mascara and curling them to emphasize the length (a lot of the time, me wearing “makeup” = me wearing powder and mascara and nothing else). I wore false lashes for my wedding and they were awesome, but I’m too nervous to do that for a normal day. Maybe this is just the ticket! :)

5 Heather October 9, 2012 at 8:42 am

I just picked up a Too Faced holiday set over the weekend, which included the ‘LashGasm’ mascara, and I love it! I haven’t tried the one you mentioned here, but I really like the Lashgasm, better than any other mascara I’ve tried. That’s saying a lot too!

6 Janae @ Bring-Joy October 9, 2012 at 9:31 am

I agree! I have not been well endowed in the eye lash department (you can barely see my lashes when I’m not wearing mascara!). I’ve toyed around with the idea of semi-permanant lashes, but they are spendy. I’m always on the lookout for new, improved mascara, this may just be what I’m looking for!

And I agree, nothing more flirty then batting those lashes! A little gloss & think, long eyelashes = super glam.

7 Regina October 9, 2012 at 11:37 am

Best mascara ever. I have baby fine ( nonexistent) eyelashes and did the “permanent” fake route, but couldn’t keep up with the maintenance, cost and agro of slowly losing what took so long to put on. Eyelashes in the coffee mug anyone? Bought this a couple of weeks ago at Sephora ( the sales person said he bought it for his Mom, thanks! But he didn’t look like he would steer his own mother wrong) and, voila, great eyelashes! Really, truly. I wear contacts and no problem there, either. No more messy getting it off than any other waterproof mascara. Looks really natural but, never, ever, apply to your bottom lashes – unless you are in love with A Clockwork Orange. A great find for the eyelash challenged.

8 Lola G. October 9, 2012 at 12:09 pm

You have such amazingly beautiful big eyes that I have to believe your effective flirt factor is already sky high!

9 Christina @ Homemade Ocean October 9, 2012 at 2:09 pm

I am always looking for anything to boost my nonexistant lashes….thanks for the tip!

10 Dee October 9, 2012 at 2:56 pm

I tried applying falsies myself using a youtube tutorial. Yea…no, hehe. I wish I had my children’s long, lovely lashes. I’m on a permanent hunt for the best mascara.

11 Tasha October 10, 2012 at 4:06 am

I’m not into the falsies, but they can be worn lovely. However, IF they look obvious, it should be a no-go…it should enhance, not take over lol! I love Maybelline New York Stiletto Mascara, Ultimate Length, Waterproof, Very Black…really gives me lashes:) It is the first product I see a significant difference with…enjoy♥

12 Belky October 10, 2012 at 7:29 am

I have almost no lashes and have tried this product. Sadly it didn’t do much for my lashes and I did not have the time to do the steps.
The Big Fatty mascara by |urban Decay is amazing! you should try it, it lengthens so much and it holds the curl all day long.
I do have to say that every lash is different and you have to try tons of mascara to find one that suits you the best.
I love playing with makeup so the more options the better :-)

13 Catie October 10, 2012 at 7:12 pm

I’ve tried this product and I didn’t care for it. The fibers that you apply in step 2 are very likely to clump, so you must be extremely careful. When all finished I thought my lashes looked weird and sort of ragged. I’ve used it twice, each time with very careful application and I did not like the results.

14 Susan October 11, 2012 at 8:56 am

I tried this product as well and it was horrible. So bad, that I took it off in the store and had to go on with my day without makeup. Bummer! I was so hoping it would be amazing.

15 gia October 12, 2012 at 9:39 am

Nat the fat rat blog did a fab. test of about 15 mascaras. She is the go-to I would say…