Custom House Portraits

October 26, 2012

By Gabrielle.

We didn’t send out holiday cards last year and I missed it. So I’m trying to think early about what to send this year. I really like the idea of using a house portrait for a card. Send Miranda a photo of your house, and she’ll draw up a charming little exterior just for you. I love the version with wreaths on the windows!

La Cressonnière doesn’t belong to us forever, but it feels like home right now and I think it would be neat to have a little drawing made of it. Do you like how your house looks? Do you think it would make a pretty card? Have you already made plans for your holiday cards this year?

{ 2 trackbacks }

Grandes ideas para mentes creativas – 4 de noviembre | Mamis Y Bebés
November 4, 2012 at 1:01 am
Send A Little Cheer | The Design Tree by Greentea Design
November 9, 2012 at 3:08 am

1 alexis_gentry October 26, 2012 at 7:02 am

Gasp! I’m going to do this! (I’ll sketch it myself, but thank you for the idea). What a charming little watercolor this will make for my entry or bathroom or…a stocking stuffer for MYSELF. :)

2 Sharon @ Discovering Blog October 26, 2012 at 7:33 am

This is adorable, and would make a great gift, too! We have friends who have a second home near Lake George, and the house has been in the family for a few generations. They would love something like this.

The artwork is amazing!

3 Azra October 26, 2012 at 7:38 am

This is a neat idea. I am thinking a little drawing as a gift idea would be really thoughtful, as well. Thank you.

4 Ivonne October 26, 2012 at 8:05 am

The illustrations are gorgeous! I like to have my home illustration but to frame it. I wonder if she could illustrate my house that has a very modern style.

5 Megan Flowers October 26, 2012 at 8:35 am

You should absolutely having a drawing of La Cressonnière! If all goes well we will home owners in the next month! (Fingers crossed!) my mom paints house portraits on stones. I can’t wait to display on at our front door!!

6 Valecia October 26, 2012 at 8:46 am

Makes a great going-away gift too! When we moved from New York, a neighbor gave us a framed watercolor the home we lived in for five years. We cherish it!

7 Dee October 26, 2012 at 10:43 am

What a beautiful idea! I haven’t even begun to think about holiday cards yet.

8 Lola G. October 26, 2012 at 12:09 pm

Many years ago my parents had a drawing made of our family home. One of my sisters has had the original for some time, but when our mother died a year and a half ago, none of my siblings wanted the copy that Mom had kept, so I was able to bring it into my home. I have so many special memories associated with that house, so I’m very grateful that my parents had it made and that I can now enjoy it!

9 kelly October 26, 2012 at 3:52 pm

I really love this idea! We are embarking on the journey of finding a larger home this spring to fit our growing family needs and having had two home births in our first home together this would be such a lovely sentiment. Thanks for sharing.

10 Lisa | Happy By October 26, 2012 at 6:10 pm

You know what would make La Cressonnière even more personalized in a Holiday card Gabrielle? All of you in front of it. I don’t know if this illustrator can sketch all 8 of you in the same card, but you can find someone else to make it as a second touch. I would love to see your card :)

11 Lismarie October 26, 2012 at 8:36 pm

Last year marked 10 years for us in our beloved house. We moved in with one baby and now have four. So, we did a custom house portrait card in honor of all the memories we have made in our house. I created the house portrait in illustrator (complete with Christmas lights) and then put a cut out of our family portrait standing in front of it. I loved it. I haven’t thought at all about a card for this year, though, and it’s almost November. Yikes!

12 Jen October 27, 2012 at 8:10 am

Oh I love Miranda’s work! And she’s just as charming and lovely in real life as her house portraits. So happy to see her here. Gabby, you have marvelous tastes. ;)

13 Cerise October 27, 2012 at 2:00 pm

I LOVE this idea. Such beautiful work too. I might have to look into a print.

14 Kirsten February 6, 2013 at 9:24 am

Another really cute house portrait style can be found at Cute House Portraits dot Com!