Hello, Friends! How are you? Did you have a good week? Today, I picked the kids up from school to shouts of Vacation! Vacation! Starting now, they have a 2-week school break. Woo hoo!! We’re thinking a road trip is in order, but haven’t decided where. Any ideas?
While we study maps and look up driving distances, here are a few things I’ve wanted to share with you:
- Charming macarons for Halloween. Spotted on Poppytalk.
- How to get anyone to do anything.
- These pictures make history feel so close. Some were taken near our village. Thanks, Allysha.
- Penpals for 36 years.
- A caramel apple bar.
- A Starwars flashmob in Cologne, Germany. Spotted on Dooce. (I can’t wait to show the kids! We stood in that very spot and ate butter cake.)
- The urge for good design.
I also write for Babble. Here are some of my Halloween slideshows:
- 20 Clever Costume Ideas for grownups who love to dress-up.
- 12 ideas to prep your yard or porch for trick or treaters.
- Decorate for Halloween in a Snap 13 easy ideas.
- In case you missed it: The coolest printables for spooky & sophisticated party refreshments.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I’ll be imagining you at Halloween parties and trunk-or-treat gatherings and chili cook-offs! I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.