Curious Vase

September 7, 2012

I like to think I’m a curious person by nature, finding a thrill in the how and the why and the who and the what’s next. You’re probably the same exact way, aren’t you? It’s why we keep and read blogs, Pinterest daily (if not hourly!), and Instagram every little moment that makes us stop for a second or two.

But tell me: Would you ever in a million years be so curious that you’d destroy a vase to see the others waiting patiently inside to make their appearance?

Sigh. I adore design. And I’ll never have enough vases to hold the flowers of La Cressonnière. But I am far too practical to smash a gorgeous vase. Even though I’m dying to know what the others look like! What about you?

Curious Vase found on Today and Tomorrow.

1 Sarah September 7, 2012 at 8:05 am

Ahhh! It is a beautiful vase! I am not sure I could do it. It would be too easy to inadvertently smash the next vase, too. But it is a very neat idea!

2 Pamela Balabuszko-Reay September 7, 2012 at 8:12 am

This took my breath away. Genius. Don’t know if I could do it either. Maybe in a moment of…. ?

3 Ellen September 7, 2012 at 1:16 pm

Ugh! This is giving me anxiety just looking at it! I’m curious by nature… but would I destroy a vase? My head hurts just thinking about it!

4 KelliK September 7, 2012 at 1:40 pm

How do they do that?? Really, you’re not destroying a vase because you can only use the four as one anyway. However, I don’t like to break things! To me it’s a toss up on if Iwant to enjoy the mystery and look of the layered vases, or the momentary satisfaction of seeing what’s inside. What a cool find!

5 Tasha September 8, 2012 at 9:27 am

The smooth, matt vases in muted colors “talk” to me! I wonder at the artists’ purpose…to challenge us perhaps? To make it “okay” to move to the next when ready? I, too, would hate breaking something, yet would since I like change so much. Interesting ♥

6 Tasha September 9, 2012 at 1:40 pm

Took a minute to really enjoy this site! Wow, the shoes!! I sort of like the wrap ones…anyone else?
PS – correction from comment above: ARTIST’s purpose – sorry. It is a pet peeve of mine (‘s vs. ‘s) and I did it so carelessly. I am often amazed at possible edits found within professional correspondence and this embarrassed me:( ♥