Minimal Movie Posters

August 13, 2012

Here’s a cool pinterest board: Minimal Movie Posters. Do you have a favorite design? I really like E.T. and Nightmare Before Christmas. But I think Romeo & Juliet is genius.

1 Erin August 13, 2012 at 6:34 am

So cool! Thanks for sharing this.

2 Ashley F. August 13, 2012 at 8:32 am

Love these! I agree…the Romeo + Juliet is absolutely genius. I had to look twice at it. Haha. Thanks for sharing!

3 Lola August 13, 2012 at 9:10 am

They almost make me want to see the movies more than the ordinary posters – so mysterious! Love the Indiana Jones in particular.

4 Jaesi August 13, 2012 at 10:11 am

Ah! The Coraline one. Yup, that’s pretty much all that I remember is the creepy button eyes. I like the Napolean Dynamite lol “Vote for Pedro”. What’s up with the random superman kissing batman?

5 The New Diplomats Wife August 13, 2012 at 2:10 pm

if you like these, check out vintage movie posters from Poland. prior to the fall, they were never allowed to have the ‘decadent’ images from the west so a whole home grown industry of posters, in a country that was already inclined towards graphic design, popped up. many of them are done in a similar vein some of those are collection worthy – i have my favorite one, for some like it hot, but would love to own more someday.

6 Lori C. August 13, 2012 at 3:36 pm

You always share such beautiful art. This illustration made me think of you…the article that goes with it is also great.

Enjoy…

7 whitney August 13, 2012 at 11:53 pm

Oooh! You MUST check out these movie posters too. Same idea. You will love ‘em!

8 whitney August 13, 2012 at 11:54 pm
9 how2home August 14, 2012 at 12:11 pm

These are so awesome!

10 invitation consultants August 14, 2012 at 12:46 pm

love these designs. sometimes simple is best!

11 Suzy August 14, 2012 at 4:05 pm

Gabrielle,
I love the aesthetics of your blog. I’m hoping to do the same with mine.
We’ll be following you on Pinterest :)
Suzy

12 Jenny P August 14, 2012 at 7:31 pm

The Romeo and Juliet poster is so graphic that I almost didn’t realize those were coffins! I would love to hang that in my classroom when we read the play.

13 Damaris @Kitchen Corners August 15, 2012 at 5:35 pm

My favorite made-up movie posters ever are from this etsy shop http://etsy.me/Pq5VYb who made Fantastic Mr. Fox posters

14 Shanice Connor March 1, 2013 at 6:43 pm

I absoloutly love the Romeo and Juliet one a realy good visual idea of using coffins and then having two overlapping to replicate a heart shape. I also like the fact the fact that it isn’t immediately obvious so you get a nice suprise when you realise what the pattern actually is.