Help Wanted

August 14, 2012

Hello, Friends! Design Mom is growing and we’re looking to add some super-talented folks to our little family. Here’s what we’re looking for right now:

1) Wardrobe Intern for Olive Us.
Are you a whiz at putting together what-to-wear collages? A genius at online shopping? Are you comfortable with clothing for kids (do you understand kid sizes)? Do you feel like you have a handle on our style? Then you might be perfect for the job!

Send an email if you’re interested. Candidates must be detail oriented, and not get fussed about last-minute changes. Please include a favorite wardrobe collage you’ve put together, tell us a little about yourself, and include a link to your blog/site (if you have one).

2) Discovery Editor.
You know your friend? The one who is endlessly hip and always finds the coolest things? The best new blog. The most fabulous shoes. The funniest viral video. The prettiest tablecloth. That thought-provoking article. If she’s naturally curious, and has a way with words, she should totally write for Design Mom. (Instead of your friend, maybe it’s you!)

If you’re interested in the job, please email me with a link to your blog — for this position, blogging experience is preferred. If there are any posts you’ve written that you particularly love, you can send those links too.

3) Book Editor.
We’re looking for someone with great taste in children’s books (old ones, new ones and everything in between), great writing skills, and photography skills too! That’s right, we need someone multi-talented for this job. Send inquiries here — include a link to your blog and tell us a few of your favorite picture books.

We hope to hear from you!

1 Azra August 14, 2012 at 5:46 am

All three jobs sound great and super interesting. I would totally apply for all three. :)

2 Design Mom August 14, 2012 at 9:10 am

Thanks, Azra!

3 Kim August 14, 2012 at 7:43 am

And please tell me the successful applicants have to move to France as well? We’re so there. ;)

4 Design Mom August 14, 2012 at 9:11 am

Well, of course! Let’s start a commune at La Cress. : )

5 Amy August 14, 2012 at 8:34 am

Oh! The best thing about your blog is that YOU write it! I hate guest posts on other blogs. sad sadness :( Then it turns in to a magazine and its just not the same anymore.

6 Design Mom August 14, 2012 at 9:13 am

This. I have been thinking of this exact thing that you are saying. And I feel the same way about blogs I love to read.

I love writing posts for Design Mom and will continue to do so every day. But I’d sure love some help! Time will tell if I can make it work.

I sure hope you’ll be patient with me, Amy!

7 Candice August 18, 2012 at 7:15 am

Agree, agree, agree!!!

8 julia @ life on churchill August 14, 2012 at 9:18 am

sent an email! I would love to work with you!

9 Heidi August 14, 2012 at 9:39 am

I’d love to work with you, but alas…no time. It must be difficult to bring people on board, I wish you luck with your search. (I find it agonizing just making bigger purchases, because I want to make the RIGHT decision. I can’t imagine how it would be to hire someone!)

10 Design Mom August 14, 2012 at 12:25 pm

It IS tricky. Finding just the right match. I will do my best!

11 Alix August 14, 2012 at 9:50 am

How fun!!!! (and how wonderful that you are growing in such wonderful ways, Lady Inspiration) They all sound totally amazing!! Hmm. Just might have to drop you a line! xoxo

12 Dottie August 14, 2012 at 9:54 am

Oooh! Iam going to talk to Alix about this. We are big children’s book readers on the blog. Crossing fingers… Expect an email today!

13 Jill V. August 14, 2012 at 1:55 pm

I’m crossing my fingers for you gals! Will I see you at Alt. in January again? Hope so!

14 Dottie August 14, 2012 at 2:53 pm

Alas, they sold out when I was in a day long meeting. Oof! But we’ll see! Crossing fingers we get on a panel. But thanks for rooting for us–you are awesome!

15 Jill V. August 15, 2012 at 12:26 pm

Crossing my fingers (again) for you two!

16 Elaina August 14, 2012 at 11:06 am

I’m so happy to hear you’re hiring some help! I always wonder how you do everything you do. Thanks for continuing to bring us great stuff and good luck with the search!

17 Design Mom August 14, 2012 at 12:25 pm

It’s a good feeling when I need help and then ask for it.

18 Justyn August 14, 2012 at 11:09 am

Wonderful idea! I plan on putting together an introductory email for consideration!

19 Kit August 14, 2012 at 11:37 am

How cool! I agree that it gets annoying when blogs end up having lots of content generated by others but I’m sure you’ll have a really good balance! I was just wondering if you could let us know what the email addresses are if we can’t click through (my computer keeps trying to open Microsofot Office)- or is it just the address listed on your ‘about’ page? Thanks!

20 Design Mom August 14, 2012 at 12:27 pm

Hmmm. Not sure what’s up with the strange links. Sorry about that!

For the wardrobe intern, please email: benblair[at]gmail.com . For the editor positions, please email: designmomcontent[at]gmail.com .

21 Chelsea C. August 14, 2012 at 11:56 am

Okay, how could anyone resist this?! Email coming shortly — and three cheers for signing on help when you need it.

22 Stephanie August 14, 2012 at 12:58 pm

Holy cow! Can you say DREAM JOB? I think I may have to take a chance on one of these! Much luck in your search, Gabrielle, and also to your new team!

23 rachel swartley August 14, 2012 at 1:58 pm

I’m waiting for the day when a blogger I admire is looking for an assistant who excels at being average at a whole lot of things. Ha! :)

Good luck with your search!

24 Crissa Robertson August 14, 2012 at 2:06 pm

I am a giveaway gal at Real Moms Real Views and always have people ask me how I got involved in that. I just told them I applied for it and was picked. They always tell me to tell them if I hear of something like that again. Hope you don’t mind but I passed this information along to my followers in case they are interested in applying.
Good luck! Hope you find someone great for all three positions!

25 Esther August 14, 2012 at 3:43 pm

how exciting! expect an email from me today :)

26 Deborah Beau August 14, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Good luck with finding your assistants Gabrielle, I would have loved to apply for discovery editor but I’ve already committed to Babiekins Magazine and Poppytalk this year. It’s a shame, its a dream job, hope you find the right people!

27 Jules August 14, 2012 at 4:19 pm

Good luck, Gabby. Of course my eyes perked up when I saw the book editor position, but my specialty leans is adult books and children’s books for school age readers, early readers, etc. The boys and I are currently reading The Chronicles of Narnia together. We’re on book 3!

28 Jules August 14, 2012 at 4:20 pm

Gah. I hit the wrong button! I meant to close with a wish for good luck in your search!

Good luck. :)

29 Jules August 14, 2012 at 4:49 pm

Oh my goodness! I just thought of something. I’m going to email you…

30 Jill V. August 15, 2012 at 12:27 pm

You, my friend, are too funny! xo

31 Gina @ Oaxacaborn August 14, 2012 at 4:39 pm

Oooh, this is truly exciting. :) I just sent you an email about the Book Editor position!

32 Michelle August 15, 2012 at 5:27 am

How exciting! I think I would be a great fit for the Discovery Editor Position! I love finding interesting stuff, passing it on to friends and bookmarking it for myself! I’ve sent you an email and hope to hear back. :)

33 Fiona Chandler August 15, 2012 at 7:19 am

Fingers crossed. email sent. for book editor …

34 Barchbo August 15, 2012 at 10:15 am

Exciting! Wish I blogged so I could apply! I can’t wait to see the end results! :)

35 Lindsay August 16, 2012 at 7:11 am

Perfect timing for me, as I’ve been trying to extend my writing out from my own blog…I’ll definitely be sending you an email and link to my blog tonight.

36 Kacy Faulconer August 16, 2012 at 2:42 pm

Do you offer dental insurance?

37 Dina August 17, 2012 at 10:22 am

If you need help from online I can help you! I live in Maine right now.

Sincerely,
Dina

LOVE!!! the Olive Us Films!