Design Nerd Flash Cards

August 29, 2012

These culturally relevant flash cards make me realize that when I say the words “A is for apple,” I picture a computer in my head!

They are all so true, aren’t they? Especially for those of you who may spend a good part of your day working on a computer. C, tragically, is for an unexpected and always untimely crash. E is for an overflowing inbox. And Q, as all parents know, is for a quitting time that never really comes!

Which one is your favorite?

Designed by illustrator Emma Cook, via Behance.

1 Damaris @Kitchen Corners August 29, 2012 at 11:31 am

M is for Moleskine is my favorite. Ever since they came out with their passions series I know do all my baby books, recipe books, journaling, on Moleskines.

2 Jeanne August 29, 2012 at 11:35 am

Since I carry a Moleskine with me everywhere I go…I have to say M. Very cute.

3 Gina @ Oaxacaborn August 29, 2012 at 12:04 pm

These made me laugh out loud! How very clever. Love the Munny/Dunny vinyl toy on the letter T — my husband has several in various stages of customization on his desk right now! :)

4 Martha August 29, 2012 at 1:44 pm

Hilarious. And oh so true!

5 sarah August 29, 2012 at 5:38 pm

Loved them, but – good gracious, I am even more old-school than I thought I was. I didn’t even know what a bunch of them were! Thank goodness my grade 4 students are both patient with me and well-versed in techie things.

If it were my house the R would have been Rotary Dial Phone! I do mirror the Moleskine sentiment, however.

It’ll be 2050 before I finally merge into the 21st century lane! :)

6 Jackie August 29, 2012 at 8:49 pm

Gabrielle, thanks for sharing this great find. My hubby and I are both IT managers in our day jobs and these made me chuckle. Sadly, I laughed at some because they are true sometimes, like the overflowing email box and the real quitting time. I think these would make a great present framed for my husband as office decor!

7 corrie anne August 30, 2012 at 1:13 am

So cute!! I love Layer and interwebz!!

8 Darcy August 30, 2012 at 4:44 am

On a related note, have you seen the gorgeous Animal Alphabet postcards on Kickstarter? I’ve ordered a set and plan to send them to my nephew and niece, one postcard a week all winter.

9 Béa August 30, 2012 at 7:05 am

Oh My! it’ll be easier to tell the only one that isn’t spot on! (Java cos I drink tea)

10 Melissa // the faux martha August 30, 2012 at 8:09 am

Ahh, these are brilliant! I’m going with B as my favorite. Been designing logos the last couple days. Only fitting. PS—I didn’t get a chance to meet you at Alt but your presence was so warm and welcoming. Thanks for that!

11 KelliK August 30, 2012 at 10:19 am

I love clever K. And layers! Things I have used very often. Thanks for sharing! I had to show all my design friends!

12 julia [life on churchill] August 30, 2012 at 12:47 pm

my husband would love these! And I laughed at the 2:15 for quitting time. That would be nice, wouldn’t it!

13 Laura August 31, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Very creative. Hard to pick! But I like C for Crash and the very specific visual that comes with it. Very recognizable and Close to home for a designer on a Mac. :-)

14 Melanie L. April 10, 2013 at 4:11 pm

I laughed when I saw that “C is for Crash”. I get so sick of seeing that spinning ball. Lol.