A Few Things

August 17, 2012

Hello, Friends! Are you ready for the weekend? We have plans to do some school shopping on Saturday, and Sunday is our wedding anniversary. Hooray! We still haven’t decided how to celebrate, but I’m not worried because you really can’t go wrong hanging out with Ben Blair. Everything is better when he’s around!

While we brainstorm some anniversary date night ideas, here are a few things I hope you’ll enjoy:

- Hey! It’s time for another round of Love the Place You Live. Do something cool and local this weekend and then let’s all link up on Monday. It’s fun, I promise!

- Missing the Olympics? Check out this neat artwork.

- A man, a pink tutu, and the fight against cancer = The Tutu Project. Awesome. (Thanks, Karey.)

- This year, I vow to plant an indoor herb garden.

- First Day of School sign.

- Shared bedroom for 2 girls + a boy. [Update: if the link to the blog post isn't working, you can also go to Stephmodo's main url and scroll down.]

- Maniacal movie laughs. (PrincessBride is my favorite.)

- I’m giving away a year’s supply of products from the Orla Kiely + Method Collection on Facebook. Go see!

And here are 3 (super speedy) slideshows I posted on Babble:

- Stylish shelf displays. (Have you noticed, shelves are on my mind these days?)

- Smart solutions for organizing your bathroom.

- 23 No-Sew projects you’ll love.

Have a fabulous weekend and soak up those August rays! Fall will be here oh so soon. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.

kisses,
Gabrielle

P.S. — It rains a lot here, so we try to take advantage of the sunny days. One of our favorite sunny day places is Deauville beach — and the colorful umbrellas!

1 Tasha Melita August 17, 2012 at 10:38 am

LOVE those bathroom storage ideas! Yesterday I posted about re-papering my bathroom shelves. I’ve kept an eye for a distressed cabinet to place under them (open closet in wall). I have to say I like the idea for holding the hairdryer in a file box attached inside a door…easy idea! Those bathroom are gorgeous too:) Have a good weekend all!

2 Marcia Francois August 17, 2012 at 11:30 am

Congrats to you and Ben Blair (I do love how you always call him by his full name – makes me smile). Your love inspires me :)

PS how many years?

3 Giulia August 17, 2012 at 11:34 am

Exited about the ‘love the place you life’ next week. I’m planning a ‘pop up’ dinner on the beach tomorrow to get in a last outdoor party before summer ends. I’ m looking at Jordan’s examples for a magical evening.

4 Green Bag Lady Teresa August 17, 2012 at 11:37 am

Gabrielle–

Tutu project link is wrong. :) It goes to first day of school sign. Just FYI.

Teresa

5 Design Mom August 17, 2012 at 11:42 am

Thanks for letting me know, Teresa! Just fixed it.

6 Green Bag Lady Teresa August 17, 2012 at 9:47 pm

Sure. Happy Anniversary! :)

Hey, I know you used to live in CO, Littleton, yes? We just found out that next summer we will be moving to the area. We are thinking Littleton or Boulder. Any thoughts? We have 3 kids, 13, 10, 7, our oldest would be starting high school.

7 Design Mom August 18, 2012 at 12:37 am

How exciting! We lived in Centennial (near Littleton) and loved it, but we also loved going to Boulder on the weekend and hanging out because it’s super charming. When we looked for houses, it was definitely a price thing. From what we saw Boulder is way more expensive than Littleton area. But both have excellent schools!

8 Green Bag Lady Teresa August 18, 2012 at 10:48 am

Yes, that is what we are finding too. It almost seems like we can’t go wrong with either area and people seem to be very positive about both of them. Thanks for the response!

9 invitation consultants August 17, 2012 at 11:56 am

what a cheery start to the weekend!

10 Rossana August 17, 2012 at 12:15 pm

Happy Anniversary!!!

I’m just curious, you always have the loveliest things to say about Ben Blair. What is it exactly that makes him so special to you as your husband?

11 Jessica August 17, 2012 at 12:42 pm

Hello! Congrats on your anniversary to Mr Ben Blair !!! Your web link for shared bedroom is not working : (
Thank you!

12 Beth August 17, 2012 at 1:26 pm

The link to the shared bedroom isn’t working, just to let you know.

13 Christina @ Homemade Ocean August 17, 2012 at 2:12 pm

Happy Anniversary!!!

14 Amanda August 17, 2012 at 6:30 pm

I love how in love with Ben Blair you are. And that you always use his full name :) Happy anniversary!

15 Jennifer August 17, 2012 at 7:13 pm

Happy Anniversary, Gabrielle and Ben Blair! What a perfect weekend to Love the Place You Live with the People You Love Living With! ;)
Warmest wishes to you!

16 Kym August 17, 2012 at 7:53 pm

Happy Anniversary!

17 K. Grant August 17, 2012 at 8:12 pm

Love the link to the indoor herb garden!

18 Sara August 17, 2012 at 9:11 pm

Happy, happy Anniversary!! Hope you have a super special celebration!

I’ll have to remember to post pics for Love the Place You Live this time. After being out of the country last summer, we have been making an effort this summer to do many of the local things we’ve been meaning to do for ages, and this Sunday we are finally going to make it to live jazz in our botanical gardens :).

P.S. The link for the shelves slideshow goes to the indoor herb garden, just so you know.

19 Design Mom August 18, 2012 at 12:35 am

Oh dear! I really messed up the links this week. Should be fixed now. Thanks for letting me know.

20 Janjirarities August 18, 2012 at 10:31 am

Very enjoy your writing. Thanks.

21 Jenna at Homeslice August 18, 2012 at 3:42 pm

I loved your shelf display article- so fun to click through all that beautiful inspiration… it’s got me thinking… thanks!

22 Azra August 19, 2012 at 8:27 am

Happy Anniversary! Have a wonderful time.

23 JennyLynn August 19, 2012 at 4:29 pm

Hope you had a wonderful Anniversary! Send some of your rain our way. Utah has been a little on the smoky side because we are having so many fires this summer. Rain would really help.

I like the umbrellas on the beach! Very colorful and fun looking.

24 L2Nap7 November 15, 2012 at 3:04 pm

901797 221797Significant other, this excellent website is fabolous, i merely adore it 446377