Checking In

July 19, 2012

What a funny week it’s been! We’ve been filming more Olive Us episodes and visiting Grandma and Grandpa Mac in Mendon, Utah. I assumed I’d have plenty of time to work, but I assumed wrong. Hah!

We should be wrapping up more episodes today, and then I’ll be back to a more regular schedule. In the meantime, feel free to check in on Instagram to see what’s we’re up to.

P.S. — The photo above was shot on Monday in Spring City, Utah at Horseshoe Mountain Pottery.

1 Jillian July 19, 2012 at 1:46 pm

Aack! A famous blog writer so close to us! I’m in Providence (and to think, the offer on the house in Mendon fell through!) :) Hope you’re enjoying it as much as we do.

2 Design Mom July 23, 2012 at 11:51 am

So close! My parents actually lived in Providence while they built their house in Mendon. Both are such lovely communities.

3 Jennie July 19, 2012 at 2:34 pm

Just had to comment re: your location and then laughed when I saw the first comment. We just moved 2 weeks ago from providence, ut ( our hometown) to just outside of Denver. I was looking through your site for some good Denver area tips. It’d have been so fun to run into you in either of those towns!

4 Design Mom July 23, 2012 at 11:51 am

Hi five from Denver!

5 aubry July 19, 2012 at 5:06 pm

i read a post from my uncle joe’s facebook feed the other day about a great family who visited his pottery studio to film this sweet little vid called “olive us”. what a collision of worlds! i love my uncle, his work, his family, and i love olive us, this blog, and all the goodness that comes from it!

if only he had the smarts to invite me down for the day! what a treat that would have been!

6 Design Mom July 23, 2012 at 11:52 am

How funny, Aubry! Please tell your Uncle Joe that the day we spent with him was as wonderful! Even more wonderful than we expected. He’s a great man.

7 Kristina @ Sarcire July 19, 2012 at 10:26 pm

I was wondering where you went- and I realized how much I looked forward to your new posts every weekday. :) I am glad you’re well! I’m looking forward to seeing the new vids.

xo,
Kristina

8 Design Mom July 23, 2012 at 11:52 am

Thank you for the kind words, Kristina. It feels good to be missed. : )

9 Annie July 20, 2012 at 12:27 am

Mendon! I’m a Cache Valley girl and a bunch of my high school friends lived (or still live) there. Such a beautiful place!

10 Design Mom July 23, 2012 at 11:53 am

It really is gorgeous. And the views from my mom’s house are stunning. What a happy place.

11 Brooke July 20, 2012 at 1:02 am

Hello, Gabrielle!

If you are still in Cache Valley Friday night, I invite you to swing on over with the kids to a street dance on Federal in downtown Logan. There is a gallery walk happening, which I am a part of. If you come by Caffe Ibis, I will be there with my artwork (oil and pastel landscape paintings of local spots and Southern Utah)! I would be honored to have you as a guest, and your 6 kids can boogie down with my 5! :)

But either way, enjoy your vacation, especially the part in Cache Valley! Don’t you love it?

Sincerely,
a big fan,

Brooke Lambert

12 Design Mom July 23, 2012 at 11:54 am

Oh shucks! We left on Thursday so we could film an episode in Provo. I’m the gallery walk was lovely.

13 Brooke July 27, 2012 at 11:37 pm

I think it’s amazing that you take time to reply to your adoring fans. I am really impressed by that. Yes, the gallery walk was fabulous. Thank you!

14 McKenzie July 20, 2012 at 7:37 am

Ah Mendon! My parents just live down the road under the red slides on the foothills in Wellsville. We just moved to Pittsburgh and I’m kind of missing Cache Valley. Enjoy it for me!

15 Design Mom July 23, 2012 at 11:54 am

We had friends from New York that built in the foothills of Wellsville. Such a great little town.

16 chaunte vaughn July 20, 2012 at 11:52 am

I love Horseshoe Mountain Pottery ! So happy to see its still going strong!

17 Design Mom July 23, 2012 at 11:55 am

Yes! Still going strong for sure.

18 DeAnn July 20, 2012 at 12:28 pm

I’m a Cache Valley Girl too. Enjoy the visit.

19 Design Mom July 23, 2012 at 11:55 am

Thanks, DeAnn! We sure did enjoy our time there.

20 Zina July 24, 2012 at 8:13 pm

Well, looks like my pops (aka Papa Joe the potter) finally hit the big time! He said your family was really delightful and he enjoyed your visit. Can’t wait to see the Olive Us episode.