A Few Things

July 6, 2012

Hello, Friends! How are you? Any fun plans for the weekend? We’ll be working hard on the scripts for fall episodes of Olive Us. We have some fun ideas up our sleeves — and we hope to start filming next week! The other thing we’ll be doing is eating our favorite Utah popsicles! How about you? Did you get your fill of BBQs on the 4th of July? Or will you continue the summery festivities into the weekend?

While I daydream about Banana Creamies, here are a few things you might enjoy:
- These gorgeous Sesame Street tees & prints (pictured here) make me nostalgic.
- You’ve never seen Legos like this before.
- Stylized Tour de France posters. (We got to see the real thing last summer!)
- A happy, colorful nursery.
- I had no idea there was such a thing as 3 foot long spaghetti.
- 7100 islands.
- Tons of fun Pins from this week.

I also write for Babble. Here are some fun slideshows I put together this week:
- Clever storage solutions — 21 great ideas.
- I can’t get enough of chalkboard paint.
- Feeling thrifty? Fab ideas for repurpose-ing mens shirts.
- Photo transfer projects. Kids love these. They’re like magic!
- Rad backyard tents & forts.

I hope you have a happy weekend! I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.

kisses,
Gabrielle

P.S. — My phone broke, so I’m light on instagrams this week. Hopefully I’ll get it fixed today!

1 Victoria Regina July 6, 2012 at 12:59 pm

I really love those posters. Have a great weekend!

2 Cathryn Ramsden July 6, 2012 at 4:11 pm

I adore those TdF prints…we are hooked and this time, our toddler is also hooked. He shouts ‘wow, look at all those bikes’ and then ‘Cav, go faster’ and it’s hilarious!

3 Miranda July 6, 2012 at 6:04 pm

Man, Creamies.

With both of my pregnancies I have craved total Utah food. With Milo it was Cafe Rio and Settebello Pizza (In fact, I called the pizzaria to enquire about them shipping me a frozen one to bake at home…no go). With Eliot it was Creamies. I especially love banana but would have taken any flavor. I emailed “Brian” at Creamies Customer Service requesting a shipment to my house outside of DC. No reply. So I tried to replicate them at home using my zoku and the list of ingredients from the website. I think we came pretty close, but the originals are pretty amazing.

We’ll be visiting family in Utah in 2 weeks, and you bet I’ll be eating my fair share (and probably trying to bring some home on the plane…)

4 julie July 6, 2012 at 9:45 pm

Mmmmmm Creamies!!! I am 55 years old and have been eating them my whole life, . . . and taught my kids to love them too. I honestly didn’t realize they were a Utah food!! I thought the whole world enjoyed their perfection.

5 jan | poppytalk July 7, 2012 at 8:31 am

Well those creamies sound awfully delicious! And thank you for the link love this friday – such a nice surprise! Enjoy your weekend!

6 TN July 9, 2012 at 7:57 am

AWESOME!

7 Bubble July 9, 2012 at 8:25 am

I – LOVE – your – blog. It’s addictive! :)

8 unfounddoor July 9, 2012 at 8:30 am

LOVE the Sesame Street tees!

9 Eric Burgess July 11, 2012 at 12:17 pm

LOVE

10 Erin July 11, 2012 at 12:25 pm

Creamies! Wow, I haven’t thought about those in years, actually…though they were staples around the house, especially at my grandparents’ homes. When you mentioned Utah popsicles, I was sure you were going to mentioned Pace’s popsicles. *Those* are the best, most juicy popsicles I’ve ever had. Peach is my favorite. And at Pace’s Dairy Ann’s, you can get the Rainbow, which is like a slushy version of their popsicles, with a custard on top…I should stop thinking about this now.

11 Karine - Clara de Paris July 23, 2012 at 2:41 pm

Just love the Sesame Street T-shirt!