Tattly Subscription

June 12, 2012

Have you ever tried a product subscription? You know, like a fruit of the month club? I love them! It always feels like such a treat to find a little package in the mail. And every month, I seem to forget it’s coming, so it’s an unexpected surprise sitting there among the junk mail. They make fantastic gifts too. Sign your Mom up for a pie of the month club and she’ll remember that you remembered her all year long. : )

During June, Tattly is offering 6-month tattoo subscriptions and I thought they would make a super cool summer surprise for kids! Subscribers receive 56 tattoos over six months — that’s plenty to share with friends — plus a cool little “Oh, Hello” canvas bag to keep them in.

I adore Tattly! They make temporary tattoos created by amazing artists & designers (like Louise Fili, one of my very favorite typographers in the world).

What about you? Have you ever signed up for a product subscription? How did you like it? If you could receive anything by subscription, what would it be?

P.S. — I’m also a member of Darlybird’s earring of the month club. It’s a fun one! Rachel, the shop owner, includes a sweet little letter to subscribers with every pair of earrings.

1 Shawna Greenway June 12, 2012 at 6:54 am

I love Tattly! My favorite of theirs is the low battery tattoo – I’m always tempted to smack it right on my forehead!

We do wine subscriptions, which are both wonderful and slightly dangerous. It’s nice to get the boxes in the mail but then we have ALL this wine so we generally just have big parties to get rid of it all. I also have an Amazon subscription for Yorkshire Gold tea. Every two months a get a KILO of loose tea. A KILO! And somehow, we go through all that tea in 2 months.

2 Shawna Greenway June 12, 2012 at 7:00 am

PS – Thanks for telling us about Darlybird – I think I have a new addiction!

3 The New Diplomats Wife June 12, 2012 at 7:31 am

so what does one do with temporary tattoos? for kiddies for fun? maybe a little post on fun ways to use them? i’m kind of tempted…

4 Mare June 12, 2012 at 8:23 am

Such great design!

5 Erin June 12, 2012 at 8:37 am

Foodzie has fantastic subscription boxes! Each month you get this tantalizing little box jam-packed with all kinds of goodies you never imagined. (And no, I’m not affiliated with them — my hubby got a subscription for his 40 birthday this year and happily he has shared!)

6 Amorette Gwynn June 12, 2012 at 11:15 am

I just bought a subscription for myself!! Bring on the tattoos!!!!!!
And I bought the earrings one for a friend :-)
How fun!!!!!!!!!!
LOVE getting mail that’s not bills!!

7 sarah jane June 12, 2012 at 11:30 am

I LOVE tattly! I first found them on Fab.com Such great temp tattoos and I love the idea of a monthly subscription. Lula loves tattoos. I always have to limit the amount she puts on at one time! Thanks for sharing!

8 Shannon { A Mom's Year } June 12, 2012 at 1:15 pm

My youngest would love new tattoos every month!

We subscribe to Little Passports. The school year was so busy that I decided to wait until summer to dive in–so now we’ll have a new country every week! We’re starting with Italy, so we’ll be eating lots of pasta and gelato, plus learning as much as we can about the country. I’ve committed to writing about it every week, so now I have to get organized and do it!

We also just “subscribed” to a Community Supported Agriculture farm share, so it’ll be fun seeing what appears in our box every week when we go to pick it up.

9 Dee June 13, 2012 at 7:35 pm