Stamped Cookies

June 28, 2012

For my birthday, my friend Caroline gave me such a fun gift! It’s a cookie stamp that says: Petits Sables de Paris (little cookies from Paris) and it came with a mini book of cookie recipes too.

From what we can tell, French cookies are almost always stamped, so we think this makes such a charming souvenir of our time here! The very existence of this stamp makes me want to host a French-themed birthday party or shower — just so I can serve stamped short-bread cookies. : )

And speaking of stamped cookies, if you get a chance to visit a French grocery store, I highly recommend Le Petit Normand cookies. The packaging looks distinctly French (even the colors of the boxes!), they’re made right here in our region, and the ingredients are all local to Normandy too. Yum!

P.S. — I couldn’t find it on a U.S. site, but the cookie stamp is available from Amazon.UK here.

1 Rosie June 28, 2012 at 3:51 am

In our family we have a ‘Homemade with love’ stamp, it is always a big hit! I do love the idea of collecting stamps from around the world for a baking drawer filled with foreign delights!

2 Janae @ Bring-Joy June 28, 2012 at 6:45 am

Question: I was under the impression that the French don’t really snack, or have “snack” food like we do here in the U.S. Have you found this to be true? If so, then what when would something like this be eaten–as a dessert after dinner?

3 Caroline from France June 29, 2012 at 11:36 am

We ALWAYS snack, trust me ! Around 10 in the morning and 16 in the afternoon. Kids leave home with their snack for the day and eat it during “récréation”. Adults have them in their office and eat during “la pause ” in the middle of the morning and in the middle of the afternoon, with a coffee or a tea. It can be cookies, fruit, croissant, pain au chocolat etc etc …

PS : I’m the french “Caroline” ;) so excuse me for my bad english :)

4 Jillian in Italy June 28, 2012 at 8:24 am

I just noticed you can even order personalized cookies stamps. How sweet would it be to give cookies as a gift with a handmade logo on it?

5 Iren June 28, 2012 at 3:16 pm

Love this post and want to say, that I love your blog every time I read it! You have a great, personal stile. You and your family rock! Have a great time back home in america,
iren

6 Cathy June 28, 2012 at 4:15 pm

Thanks for the ordering link to Amazon.UK. You guessed I would want one for my daughter who teaches high school French in TX! If anyone else is interested in buying this set, the total in GBP is 12.93; currency conversion means $20.94.
PS to Danielle: my daughter was thrilled to get her Petit Panoramique Popup book. Thanks again for your help at that time.

7 Printabelle July 1, 2012 at 7:03 pm

That is just lovely! How fun, I love the mini cookbook, too!

8 Davina August 24, 2012 at 6:22 am

I love these!!!!! I have been meaning to get some for ages. I just invested in alphabet cookie cutters, which I love but these are so brilliant too. Amazon here I come…Thanks for sharing.

Davina