A Few Things

June 22, 2012

Hello, Friends! This is the last weekend before our month long trip to the U.S. We fly out next Thursday. The kids are going nuts in anticipation! The feeling of going home is so appealing, don’t you think? We’ll be busy around the house this weekend, putting things in order and tidying up. Plus a few errands too. Oh, and we have a school celebration as well — Oscar will be dancing in it! I expect nothing less than amazing. : ) How about you? Any fun plans for the weekend?

While I start on our packing list, here are a few things I thought you might enjoy:

- Schoolhouse turned home in Chicago. Love this. Thanks, Lori!

- Rocking chair/lamp.

- Oscar & Betty talking about Olive Us.

- Blogging as business: are content and advertising merging?

- Speaking of blogging, this photography series called Bloggers is fascinating to me! Haven’t we all blogged in a completely dark room, lit only by the monitor and our inspiration?

- Obsessed with turbans and headwraps.

- The very hairy caterpillar. (Remember these monograms?)

- Pegboard as giant vase.

- Pop-up card as garden.

- Ready to get pumped for 4th of July? Me too!

- Lots more summer fun on my pinterest boards this week.

- Does this can opener trick work?

I hope you have an amazing weekend! I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.

kisses,
Gabrielle

P.S. — The wild poppies are outrageous this year! I can’t get enough of them. For more glimpses of my week (including a hedgehog on the driveway!) follow me on instagram: gabrielle_designmom.

1 Cari June 22, 2012 at 7:38 am

I saw the can opener trick on Pinterest. Maybe it was just my opener or just my package, but it didn’t work for me.

2 Janae @ Bring-Joy June 22, 2012 at 7:58 am

Love the pictures of the bloggers–can totally relate.

3 Barchbo June 22, 2012 at 8:01 am

I am into turbans and headwraps, too! Not wearing them so much, but definitely loving them. This is my inspirational snap of the summer: http://www.garancedore.fr/2012/06/21/marisa/

4 Barefoot Hippie Girl June 22, 2012 at 8:20 am

love the blogger pics. That is me really late at night-when I should be sleeping.=)

5 Shawna Greenway June 22, 2012 at 8:29 am

The can opener trick DOES work! And nowadays, it’s really the only time we use our can opener.

Schoolhouse/House – I want that study area for my kids. What a cool space! They really did a terrific job turning that into a home. I especially love the outside spiral staircases but being in Chicago, those will only get used 6 months out of the year.

6 irene June 22, 2012 at 8:35 am

We have the same excitement here in our house … one more week too and then were going back HOME for a long summer vacation :) enjoy and have fun with your family and friends! xxirene

7 meredith June 22, 2012 at 11:51 am

so, did you end up finding a place in Centennial/Littleton?

8 Jaesi June 22, 2012 at 1:12 pm

I love hedgehogs! Hope you have fun on your U.S. trip! My weekend plans are to work on an interactive children’s book :)

9 ellen patton June 22, 2012 at 1:48 pm

I live in a converted school; I loved those photos!

10 Jennifer F. - American Mom in Bordeaux June 22, 2012 at 3:48 pm

First, love the blogger pics! Second, we have the same craziness here..end of year – school shows, dance shows, circus show….it’s busy, but I have to admit I love it. So proud to see my “quiet” daughter shine and laugh in a show tonight at her school! She’s on deck tomorrow for her circus performance!..got to love it. Enjoy your trip back “home” !

11 Emily @ Peck Life June 22, 2012 at 4:11 pm

You always manage to find the best links – i’m dying over that peg board for flowers!!! What an exciting adventure you are getting ready for, cheers to a great summer! The wild red poppies are blooming here in Washington too (although I think someone threw the seeds out initially because they don’t really grow here “wild” wild). :)

12 Brooke Reynolds June 25, 2012 at 11:14 pm

This phrase scares me to death: (pulled from the link about content and advertising merging)
“Finally, as content and advertising become more and more alike, content management systems must merge with ad servers. Advertising should live in the same information architecture as the rest of the publication and follow a workflow identical to editorially-driven content.”
Identical to editorially driven content? When I worked on magazines, we tried hard to make sure people KNEW what was an ad and what was a story, I believe there were even laws about confusing the two. Why should the internet be any different?