A Few Things

June 8, 2012

Hello, Friends! Are you ready for the weekend? I honestly have no idea what’s on the schedule at our house — which is kind of unusual for me. But I think a laid-back, do-nothing weekend sounds lovely. Maybe I can even follow Oscar’s lead and fit in a bubble bath. : ) What about you? Any fun plans in the works?

While I dream up the perfect weekend, here are a few things you might enjoy:

- Embroidered screen door.

- I would wear these all summer long!

- Ever taken your kids to a monster truck event?

- Leapfrog.

- Smart room! It will transition well from baby to kid.

- The summer guilt.

- An online photo class for kids 8-13 — such a great summer activity! It’s taught by Candice, the fab photographer who shot our Central Park family photos.

- Campaign for Good News.

- Rolling bridge.

- And here’s a great recap video of The Hive with a little interview of me.

I hope you have a terrific weekend! I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.

kisses,
Gabrielle

P.S. — Handmade Charlotte has been guest pinning with me and my boards have never looked better!

1 Jenni Bailey June 8, 2012 at 8:13 am

This weekend I’ll be packing up and dreaming of my new house with the big yard and (hopefully) a pretty little lemon tree.

2 Anna June 8, 2012 at 9:17 am

my son would love it if he got to go to a monster truck rally. he has really gotten into them via his super cool, older cousin.

3 Missy Anne June 8, 2012 at 11:17 am

A relaxed weekend sounds like the ticket for us too! This last week has been crunch time to get school all done and we are done! Taking it easy is going to be easy squeezy lemon peasy!

4 courtney June 8, 2012 at 1:41 pm

We have a fun filled weekend coming up! First thing – rummage sale! I love a good rummage sale, and this time, I am the one doing the selling. It will be nice to unload some items, sit around with lemonade and visit with neighbors.

And it’s also the husband’s birthday! Yeah! I love birthdays. The kids will be shipped off to the in-laws for the night, and we get to go out to our first adults-only dinner in what feels like way too long. Then it’s drinks at some outdoor watering hole where we are meeting up with some friends. Very much looking forward to it!

Sunday is a picnic and swimming day at a local pool/park with the other kids and parents and teachers from the kids’ daycare. A full weekend, but also lots of time to just relax and enjoy each other and the weather! I am all for canceling plans if the kids just want to run through the sprinkler in our yard!

5 tere June 8, 2012 at 2:11 pm

Oh, Oscar is the best!! And that tub is actually a good idea, even better here, we are starting to freeze at the southern hemisphere. Have a lovely weekend, Blairs!

6 Kelly June 8, 2012 at 2:59 pm

We’ve been to the annual monster truck rally four years in a row! I thought my son might be over his obsession this year and proposed that we skip it, but both he AND his 10 year old sister protested. It’s not exactly highbrow, but it’s fun…and very, very LOUD.

7 auntie bliss June 8, 2012 at 8:46 pm

My mother and I were just talking about how in so many novels
the lady will be wearing a caftan! We haven’t ever seen anyone in
one.
Tub photo is great!

8 Caitlin June 9, 2012 at 8:25 am

This pictures makes me think of the tub we had at our apartment when my family lived in Paris – it looked so different from American bathtubs! Is your tub distinctly French? It made bathing so much more fun!

I think this is a great weekend for relaxing. I found the first fresh cherries of the season so I think I’ll sit out on my balcony and enjoy those for a while. What could be more summery than that?

9 Deanna June 9, 2012 at 12:27 pm

Love the list of other things to check out, they are always interesting! Thanks for sharing. :)

10 Sara June 9, 2012 at 10:21 pm

G-
You look like a twenty something on that video…keep doin’ whatever it is you’re doin’ (or not doing)…
xo

11 Janan W June 10, 2012 at 12:45 am

Summer Guilt – Interesting. Everyone has to do what they HAVE to do, I get that. I respect that and even applaud that. I know not everyone that works chooses to work. However, she lists off things like they get to see her do something she loves, following her bliss, finding balance, etc…. Unless her daughters are going to work with her they are not seeing any of that! lol
Before a battle ensues I just want to say that I know being a stay at home mom doesn’t automatically give your children those things either. There are plenty of examples of the bad side. However, if you are there with them at least there is a chance.