Happy Birthday Flora June Blair!

May 8, 2012

Can you believe it? Flora June Blair is officially 2 years old! (Remember her birth story? And her 1st birthday? I’m pretty sure they both happened two seconds ago.)

We had a simple celebration with strawberry shortcake and a few gifts. June thought the whole thing was pretty darn fabulous. And she felt like a champ in her number two dress. It was made by Katy of No Big Dill and is as cute as can be.

Things June likes: singing, dancing, doing anything that her big brothers and sisters are doing. If there is something she can identify that they don’t do (like sit in a high chair), she will reject it out of hand. I’m pretty sure she thinks she’s at least age 10 or 11.

Something else about June: she gets terribly shy around strangers and will curl into me in the snuggliest way.

We’re so lucky to have June in our family. We can’t imagine life without her!

P.S. — Want to make a 2-year-old really happy on their birthday? Light the candles as many times as they want to blow them out. And sing Happy Birthday To You as many times as you can manage. Those two things will equal best-birthday-ever to any toddler on the planet.

1 alexis_gentry May 8, 2012 at 10:18 am

Happy Birthday Baby June! Love from Seattle, where my Sabrina is cooing “Baby June! Babyyyyyyy Juuuuuuuune!” Sigh. And smile. Two years of wondrous love! :)

2 Cathi May 8, 2012 at 10:23 am

HaPpY HaPpY Birthday June!!! You are absolutely adorable in your birthday dress with all your curls!!

3 Jennifer F. - American Mom in Bordeaux May 8, 2012 at 10:23 am

So cool! – Love the dress – It’s so nice to do simple celebrations. Enjoy!!

4 Elizabeth May 8, 2012 at 10:34 am

Those are just about the cutest birthday photos of a little girl that I’ve ever seen! Honestly, I don’t know you or June, but they made me smile ever so big! Happy Birthday to June and happy birth day to you –

5 cassie May 8, 2012 at 10:40 am

Happy Birthday, June!! My birthday is today too! (When I was little, I told people my birthday was ‘Ay Mayth’!)

6 the sleepy time gal May 8, 2012 at 10:41 am

how precious. it really seems like yesterday when you were pregnant with her!

7 Melissa@Julia's Bookbag May 8, 2012 at 10:42 am

What? I thought June was always going to be a baby! How did this happen? She’s growing??? I feel like I will forever have this image of June with her curls doing her little baby toddle.

(Not only do I sniffle when my little girl grows, but apparently I do it when I see adorable children on my favorite blogs do it too! :)

DARLING DRESS!!

8 Denise Laborde May 8, 2012 at 10:47 am

We have an almost two year old boy at home and I agree it’s a pleasure and delight to have one in the family! Happy birthday to a happy little June!

Bises
D

9 French at Heart May 8, 2012 at 11:07 am

I had to read this twice, as it just made me feel so cozy and warm. I can remember some two year olds in our house, too, and what a special age that is. Happy Birthday, June! May all your birthdays be as happy as this one!

10 aimee @ smilingmama May 8, 2012 at 11:09 am

Happy Birthday to June! Our youngest turned 2 in January and made the connection between cake and birthdays. So now anytime he sees (or eats!) anything resembling cake he happily exclaims, “Happy Birthday to You!!” and it is so adorable we all play along and chime in!

11 Roberta Canestro May 8, 2012 at 11:10 am

Hellò Gabriel! Is the first time I leave a comment but I think is the right way because Baby June is so cute and adorable and I want say to her: Happy Birthday! Love from Italy to all your family! Ciao, Roberta

12 Sherri May 8, 2012 at 11:12 am

Happy Birthday to your June. Seems that my four year old was just two …. these milestone b-days do go so fast. Love that dress! Enjoy the day!

13 Ann Waterman May 8, 2012 at 11:21 am

Happy birthday to dear June! My little one will be two in September and I can hardly believe it! I think he’ll need another sibling soon:)

14 Stephanie May 8, 2012 at 11:37 am

Happy Birthday, June! Love the dress! Looks like the perfect celebration.

15 cupcakes for clara May 8, 2012 at 11:40 am

Happy Birthday lovely June! I cannot believe you are two already – it has gone so quickly! It looks like you had a lovely birthday x

16 Damaris May 8, 2012 at 11:42 am

She is so incredibly darling. Happy birthday to June.

17 k a t y May 8, 2012 at 12:07 pm

So glad to see the 2 dress arrived in time for the momentous occasion.
Happy ❷ Flora June!

18 the emily May 8, 2012 at 12:17 pm

Happy birthday June! I LOVE that dress Gabrielle. Great work!

My baby girl turned 2 in March and we did that very thing–lit the candles over and over and sang over and over. She LOVED it. The last time she blew out the candles she got a funny look on her face, turned her head, and proceeded to throw up her dinner (missed the birthday brownies, luckily) and then threw up every 20 minutes for the rest of the day and night. It was so sad!

19 Gemma May 8, 2012 at 12:26 pm

Aw, Happy Birthday little June! It looks like a precious celebration, she is just glowing with joy!

20 Sarah May 8, 2012 at 12:30 pm

Thank you for sharing these lovely pictures of your darling girl.

21 Julie May 8, 2012 at 12:31 pm

Happy Birthday June! What a sweet little lady she is. Seeing these pics made us miss sitting around that wonderful kitchen table laughing with all of your kids. Pure magic.

22 Laetitia May 8, 2012 at 12:46 pm

Joyeux Anniversaire Flora June from Paris !!!

Your baby girl is sooooa adorable.
I’m sure she had a lovely day :))

23 Kelly May 8, 2012 at 12:55 pm

Happy, happy Birthday, June! Oh, those baby curls. Love them! As a curly myself, I hope they stay. And it looks like June is already well on her way to being just as stylish as her siblings.

24 Adrienne May 8, 2012 at 1:01 pm

Happy Birthday, June! We are celebrating Rowan’s 2nd birthday today as well (I sent you his birth story). To make his day, he got to ride his uncle’s bobcat (a skid steer, not the animal), 4-wheeler, and ATV. I love the joy these two-year-olds exude! Glad it was such a success.

25 kpriss May 8, 2012 at 1:14 pm

Happy Birthday Flora June! May you be blessed and ever happy with your loved ones! ah! (sigh!) this brings back memories – I was pregnant too when you had June – our baby boy was born in October, same year. Oh, how time flies!

26 tere May 8, 2012 at 1:25 pm

Happy b-day June!!! Those curls! And how she stared at her presents, priceless! My toddler also thinks he is as big as his siblings, and learned to walk a few days ago just to follow them out and run! Nice advice, btw. big hugs!

27 se7en May 8, 2012 at 1:42 pm

Two – so soon!!! Happy Brilliant Birthday!!! Totally agree on the singing thing… my 2yr old loves it still!!! A real pick me up if a day goes south… just sing happy birthday and he BEAMS!!! Have the best year!!!

28 Raquel May 8, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Happy birthday June! May all your days be as special as the 8th of May!

29 Amy W May 8, 2012 at 2:24 pm

Happy Birthday June! Her curls kill me. Oh, she is just so adorable.

30 suzanne @ pretty swell May 8, 2012 at 2:26 pm

Wow! Two years old!! I remember meeting June at BlogHer ’10 when she was just a wee little thing. I have loved following her journey. Happy birthday June!

31 kristi May 8, 2012 at 2:48 pm

Happy birthday, June! Adorable pics; thanks for sharing!

32 Kate Giovinco Photography May 8, 2012 at 3:00 pm

Happy 2nd Birthday! Wow she is growing so fast. We have a version of that dress by Katy Dill as well. However she is almost 4 now. Time really does fly.

33 Wendy du Plessis May 8, 2012 at 3:06 pm

What a beautiful little girl. I just love how happy she is in the photos when opening her presents! Thanks for sharing.

34 Audrey Moore May 8, 2012 at 3:10 pm

Oooooo I miss that baby June!!! Happy Birthday!

35 Nicola May 8, 2012 at 3:21 pm

Well, happy birthday gorgeous girl. Our youngest just turned two last week and yes, we sang happy birthday and blew out candles over and over. She loved it!

36 Meagan May 8, 2012 at 3:26 pm

What a cutie, where did all those curls come from!? My baby turns one on June 1st. :-)

37 Brenda May 8, 2012 at 3:45 pm

Happy Birthday little Miss June Bug..you are the sweetest little gal in your #2 dress! And of course you should be sang to multiple times and get the candles lit over & over on your very own special day..repetition rules !!

38 Carole May 8, 2012 at 4:28 pm

She looks like the happiest little girl in the world, happy birthday to June!

39 Tasha May 8, 2012 at 4:48 pm

Precious! Enjoy:)

40 Jenna at Homeslice May 8, 2012 at 4:53 pm

Oh what a perfectly sweet day, she looks like a doll!

41 molly | mommycoddle.com May 8, 2012 at 8:11 pm

Happy Birthday, June!

My youngest just turned two last month. She’s my spitfire and always keeps us on our toes. But those deep cuddles when she’s suddenly shy around strangers are THE BEST. That never gets old. :)

42 Dee May 8, 2012 at 8:34 pm

Happy Birthday, June! My babe has been obsessed with singing Happy Birthday since she turned two in December. My mom sings it to her almost daily on the phone to put a smile on her face. :)

43 Lynne May 8, 2012 at 8:52 pm

Oh, dear, that photo of June looking at her candles is just too much goodness. She is adorable!

44 Julie Matesen May 8, 2012 at 9:27 pm

Adorable!

45 jeannew May 8, 2012 at 10:21 pm

What? Noooo….that’s impossible. I swear she was born like 8 months ago!!!! :)

46 Nikki May 8, 2012 at 10:26 pm

June is so adorable. Two is just the cutest age. Thank you for sharing this precious moment.

47 Lydia May 8, 2012 at 10:30 pm

She’s so adorable!!! I am in love with her hair :)

48 Sally May 9, 2012 at 2:54 am

Happy Birthday June!
Great dress!!
I need to make one for my daughters 2nd birthday in september! Her name is Mae ;-) Can you buy the fabric online?

49 The New Diplomats Wife May 9, 2012 at 3:03 am

happy happy birthday june!

50 Linda Powers May 9, 2012 at 4:06 am

Happy birthday, Goldilocks!

51 juliagblair May 9, 2012 at 6:44 am

Happy, happy Birthday, Baby June! We LOVE you and we’re clapping for
your birthday!!

52 Barchbo May 9, 2012 at 8:02 am

Happy Birthday, June! May the year ahead bring you blessings and love! You’re such a darling!

53 Sara May 9, 2012 at 8:33 am

Happy Birthday, June!!! Love the joyful expression on her face!

54 Ann May 9, 2012 at 9:27 am

That dress is fabU! What an adorable Age 2 photo! Congrats to all of you! I can’t believe how fast that time has travelled!

55 Gina May 9, 2012 at 10:52 am

It does feel impossible that she could be so big! She seems to have the sweetest, lightest spirit. Congratulations to her!

56 Cheryl Burchett May 10, 2012 at 2:00 am

Happy 2nd Birthday, June! When my daughter turned two, I hosted a big “tea for 2″ Alice in Wonderland themed party. My daughter loved everything… EXCEPT singing and blowing out her candles! Oh well! Here is a link to some party pictures: http://lydiaburchett.blogspot.com/2010/06/birthday-girl-at-her-tea-party.html

57 Heather May 10, 2012 at 11:14 am

Happy 2nd Birthday, Baby June!
Oh, that baby! For the record, she will always be “Baby June” in my head/heart, even when she is 20 yo!
It is funny bc I was reading your blog last week and thinking, “Baby June’s bday must be coming up soon….”
My own June baby will be celebrating her 2nd bday at the end of June…can’t believe it…2 years old already.
xo

58 marilee pittman May 11, 2012 at 8:12 am

Thanks for inviting me to the party. Happy Birthday sweet girl.

59 Cortnie May 16, 2012 at 3:37 pm

Sweet little June! I love her birthday dress – perfect!

xo
cortnie

60 Jennifer Bortell May 17, 2012 at 4:20 pm

I love this website :) You guys inspire my family :)

61 Julissa Hosle April 12, 2013 at 6:38 am

I truly appreciate this post. I have been looking everywhere for this! Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You’ve made my day! Thank you again!