An Edible Cookbook

May 2, 2012

This is exquisite design by the Korefe Agency, whether you’re a fan of lasagne or not! It’s the first and only cookbook that you can read, cook, and eat.

Fresh pasta pages between which all the necessary ingredients may be assembled and baked is certainly not mass-market practical, but I personally enjoy a strong dose of one-of-a-kind genius at least once a day, don’t you?

Found via It’s Nice That.

P.S. — Do you make your own pasta? It’s always seemed like a very romantic process, and so I love the idea of it! I think I’d be more inclined to make it if I could write little messages on it! Tell me if it’s worth it, will you?

1 Jennifer F. - American Mom in Bordeaux May 2, 2012 at 3:51 am

That is very ingenious…makes a beautiful presentation also. I always envy people who make homemade pasta…I have never found the time . Maybe someday. Have to say, I’m always more than willing to enjoy it with others who make it – so yummy! Have a great day!!

2 Natalie May 2, 2012 at 3:52 am

Yum!! This sounds quite Eco-friendly to me :)

3 Tijana May 2, 2012 at 4:24 am

Such a great, edible idea!!! This would fit perfectly on the top of my chicken lasagna jejejejeje… :)))

T.

4 Jordana @ White Cabana May 2, 2012 at 6:23 am

Homemade pasta is DEFINITELY worth it. It’s not that difficult either. I say give it a go! (I use a pasta machine but my grandmother always used to roll out the dough with a long beautiful wood rolling pin).

5 Elle May 2, 2012 at 7:50 pm

I wholeheartedly agree. It doesn’t have to perfect looking, but it tastes amazing!!!!

6 Sandra May 2, 2012 at 6:23 am

I love to cook but there are a few things that I don’t make as I don’t think that I could do as good a job at it – homemade pasta is one of those things. I have access to such great fresh pasta at the market here that I focus on what I CAN do well instead – making pasta sauces homemade.

7 everton terrace May 2, 2012 at 6:52 am

This has my daughter’s name written all over it!
She is crazy for books and pasta. I’m so tickled. Thanks :)
I’ve never made pasta but I should probably try.

8 everton terrace May 2, 2012 at 6:54 am

I just checked the links but am having trouble seeing where I can buy it. Do you know if it is actually something for sale or not?

9 Shawna Greenway May 2, 2012 at 7:31 am

I think it’s totally worth making your own pasta. I was always afraid of it and then I saw Jamie Oliver make it (he always makes things look so easy) and voila! – I am now a pasta maker. Don’t get me wrong, I still buy a box if I’m in a pinch but there is something so pleasurable about getting your hands all floury and eggy and then being able to say “Yes, I did make the ravioli from scratch”. My two kids love it – especially my 4 year old son but I think it’s mostly just so he can chase after his sister with flour and egg hands

10 Nicole Brenner May 2, 2012 at 7:48 am

I’m inspired. I volunteered to make a lasagna for friends who delivered a baby last week. I’m feeling creative and may try to “write” something on the pasta sheets. Thanks for sharing!

11 Tiny and True May 2, 2012 at 9:54 am

Wow. That’s amazing. Impractical, but then art generally isn’t supposed to be practical is it?

12 Anna May 2, 2012 at 10:04 am

We make fresh pasta all the time and it’s really easy with a food processor to mix the dough. We started making it about twice a month once my daughter got old enough to turn the pasta maker (before kids it was once every two months), because it’s delicious and she loves helping. She definitely slows the process down, but not any more than following me around the kitchen wanting attention does when she has nothing to do.

And my favorite is to put fresh herbs from the garden in the dough…so yummy. And lasagna with fresh pasta is a revelation, we just did that this winter and I don’t think we can go back to store bought lasagna noodles.

13 teresa May 2, 2012 at 11:47 am

What a intriguing idea- love fresh pasta.
Thanks for sharing.

14 Amy May 2, 2012 at 12:21 pm

I used to make fresh pasta. before children, but not since.
When my husband and I were first dating/engaged, I made it on a regular basis. I used a clothes drying rack to let the pasta dry, and he thought I was totally crazy when I told him that I had to put away my clothing before I could start to make dinner. When he figured it out he was absolutely thrilled with the idea…and the finished meal.

15 Janan W May 2, 2012 at 1:03 pm

Crazy and Cool. I think I’ll have to do it once :)

16 Anna May 2, 2012 at 1:14 pm

This is amazing! My husband and I make a dinner with fresh homemade pasta at least once a month – trying different types and recipes, but this is beyond my culinary aspirations! We haven’t yet made lasagna with fresh pasta sheets though, which I think is a must try for this month!

For me, fresh pasta is worth making only occasionally, which makes it feel extra special. My husband has got the process down so that he can whip up the dough and crank out the pasta fairly quickly while I prepare the sauce, etc. And of course our little girls love to help turn the crank and taste pieces of the raw dough. It’s not for everyone, but if you’re looking for a little culinary adventure I’d say try it out! (You can get a nice pasta machine on Amazon for around $60 – not so bad!)

17 Samantha May 2, 2012 at 4:05 pm

My husband has perfected our dough recipe so that helps but we love making homemade pasta! It’s SO yummy and with fresh pasta, it cooks in seconds or under a minute so at least that side of it is fast.

We used to have a hand crank pasta maker but we now have the Kitchen Aid attachment and it works great and really speeds up the process!

18 Angela May 2, 2012 at 4:42 pm

Love interesting conceptual art! I’ve made my own pasta in the past, and I would generally say not worth it for me. I do still enjoy making my own ravioli, but I just use the wonton wrapers you can buy at the grocery store for the pasta. Still very much delicious!

19 courtney May 2, 2012 at 5:41 pm

homemade pasta is DEFINITELY worth the work. I have a big, clunky, Italian pasta roller, but I actually find it to be easier to roll out with just a regular rolling pin and cut the noodles with a pizza wheel.

20 Yvonne May 2, 2012 at 8:38 pm

My husband is a chef/restaurant owner and we often make fresh pasta at home (and with our kids) – it is AMAZING, not at all like dried, though I do like both. Worth it depends on how neat you like your kitchen and your waistline! ;-p

21 melissa May 2, 2012 at 8:46 pm

It is DEFINITELY worth it to make your own pasta. we used to make it on a regular basis and it makes going back to dried, store bought pasta really tough!

22 Kristy May 2, 2012 at 8:50 pm

We’ve made pasta a few times before with our pretty little hand crank pasta maker, but last year my husband swiped his parents’ uglier and yet more effective electric pasta maker. Life changing. It takes about the same time as store-bought pasta (since it boils for a shorter time) and it is very, very delicious!

23 Kathleen May 3, 2012 at 12:34 pm

This is so awesome! Making homemade pasta is really easy, and great for toddlers. My son could crank the wheel and watch spaghetti come out of the machine for hours, I swear. We don’t usually venture into the more laborious stuff, like ravioli. (or, um, pasta books – too cool).