The Setup

April 19, 2012

Tell the truth. There’s been at least one neighborhood block party or school event where you met a professional something-or-other, cornered them in the sweetest way possible, and proceeded to beg for all of their trade secrets. It’s so hard to stop yourself, isn’t it? I meet a dermatologist and want to know her favorite eye cream. A mechanic is surely being asked about our little Renault. Pediatricians, teachers, artists, other bloggers, and other parents — I want to know everything about the products and systems that work best for them!

The Setup is quite satisfying for me. It’s described as a collection of nerdy interviews, asking people from all walks of life what they use to get the job done. They each list their hardware, their software, and share their dream setup. It’s fascinating in the most pick-brilliant-brains-at-your-leisure kind of a way.

P.S. — Possibly my dream keyboard designed by minifanfan and seen on More Design Please.

1 LP April 19, 2012 at 5:11 am

Ok, I’m all over this! I love the inside scoop. LOVE it! A simply lovely post.
Thank you.

2 Sharon @ Discoveringblog April 19, 2012 at 5:21 am

Isn’t it wonderful when people are open to sharing? It is so sweet and giving, instead of being closed off and hoarding your knowledge. It set such a great example, when people are excited to share something interesting!

3 Barchbo April 19, 2012 at 8:26 am

Can’t wait to check it out!

4 Gina April 19, 2012 at 1:21 pm

Looking forward to checking it out. Also, it strikes such a chord coming from you — It was so much fun to meet last year & I think catalyst in getting me going on my own blog… but now, 4 months into it, oh, the questions I have — I wonder how much I could hold back. Thanks for such an interesting link!

5 Tasha April 19, 2012 at 3:37 pm

Okay, am I weird? I LOVE the website for the MT tape – I could listen to the different music and watch the creative images all day. Japanese of course! I need that tape – LOL

6 jen April 19, 2012 at 4:11 pm

Saw that keyboard and thought, “Now *that* would be perfect for my children who are learning to type!” :)

7 Jen Lewis April 20, 2012 at 12:31 am

I love reading about what other professionals in my field (graphic design) are using! I’d love to hear what your setup is.

8 Martha April 20, 2012 at 3:12 pm

I am SO this way. I feel like an interrogator VERY often and have to tell myself all the time to STOP asking questions. Thanks for the link…I’m going there now!