Egg Hunt at the Eiffel Tower

April 9, 2012

Hello, Friends. We’re in Rome! I’m snapping pictures like crazy and can’t wait to share. If you’d like to follow along, Ben Blair and I are both updating frequently on Instagram (he’s blairben and I’m gabrielle_designmom).

For now, I thought you’d like to see an image from our Easter Egg Hunt at the Eiffel Tower. Isn’t it a great shot? I was so pleased with it.

How about you? Did the Easter Bunny make it to your house? Or are you celebrating other spring holidays? How was your weekend?

1 Jess (Where My Heart Is) April 9, 2012 at 2:47 am

I agree it is a beautiful shot. I took a shot from about the same spot, of a picnic we had in front of the Tower just 6 months ago. You can’t get a better back-drop can you?

2 Design Mom April 10, 2012 at 12:07 am

So true! Best backdrop ever.

3 Patti April 9, 2012 at 5:02 am

Did you know that in France the legend is that the bells of Rome bring the Easter eggs…they are silent from holy Thursday (jeudi saint) through the weekend, then resound on Easter Sunday, dropping chocolate eggs along their way back to France!

4 Design Mom April 10, 2012 at 12:07 am

I love that legend!

5 Genevieve April 9, 2012 at 7:02 am

So wonderful! Can’t wait to see more pics from your Easter Egg Hunt!

6 Grace @ sense and simplicity April 9, 2012 at 7:04 am

What a great shot! I can’t believe how few people there were in that park. My husband and I were there in July and the park was packed with people enjoying the evening.

Easter was pretty low key around here, but that meant I got to spend lots of time setting the table just so and decorating the carrot cake so it looked like a carrot garden – my idea of a fun afternoon! (you can see it here if you are interested

7 Dee April 9, 2012 at 8:20 am

This was the most beautiful Easter egg hunt I’ve ever seen!

8 Karin April 9, 2012 at 8:24 am

What a great shot! That’s something different than egg hunting in a small back yard ;-)

Have fun in Rome!

9 Design Mom April 10, 2012 at 12:17 am

We’ve had plenty of backyard hunts, too. They’re so fun!

10 Gabriele Burgess April 9, 2012 at 10:01 am

No one can top an easter egg hunt at the Eiffel Tower but we had a great hunt in a small backyard.

11 Cortnie April 9, 2012 at 10:13 am

Beautiful shot – and I can’t think of a more beautiful place for an Easter egg hunt!

12 Melissa@Julia's Bookbag April 9, 2012 at 11:56 am

That is AN AMAZING SHOT. One to treasure always!

13 Design Mom April 10, 2012 at 12:17 am

Thanks, Melissa!

14 Monica April 9, 2012 at 11:58 am

Wow, what a picture…. And an Easter-eg hunt in front of the Eiffel tower? How perfect is that? Happy Easter, and can’t wait to hear about Rome!

15 Jen April 9, 2012 at 12:50 pm

Beautiful shot…I love it. I need to get a new camera, I cannot figure out what to get…new I phone, nikon j1 (smaller for travelling), ? I know the edit programs make a big difference, but I have 3 children, a love of great photos and frozen with what to do! Your pics are inspiring me! Happy Easter!

16 Kelleyn April 9, 2012 at 12:52 pm

Love the picture! What application did you use to make it look that way. Your kids are going to have the greatest memories of their childhood. Amazing!

17 Design Mom April 10, 2012 at 12:18 am

This shot was taken with my iPhone and I used Instagram to filter it a bit.

18 the emily April 9, 2012 at 1:11 pm

Wow. That really is fantastic. I would frame it and put it in her room when you move back.

19 Design Mom April 10, 2012 at 12:18 am

What a great idea!

20 Heather W. April 9, 2012 at 1:55 pm

I am so jealous! I wish I could hunt eggs in Paris!

21 Sharon @ Discovering April 9, 2012 at 2:05 pm

Oh, that picture is TO DIE FOR! That tops the egg hunt in my backyard in NJ with points for glamour, that’s for sure.

22 Lauren April 9, 2012 at 2:45 pm

Lovely! We didn’t have an egg hunt this year, but I hunted in the yard for hosta leaves poking up out of the ground, which was its own kind of fun :)

23 Design Mom April 10, 2012 at 12:20 am

Spring gardening is the best!

24 Fashion for the Rest of Us April 9, 2012 at 2:58 pm

I have been looking forward for the pictures of the egg hunt next to the Eiffel Tower, and this is great! I really original idea, and a great memory of your stay in France.

We has wonderfully lazy Easter Sunday, after out own long month of traveling…

25 Lena April 9, 2012 at 3:14 pm

Beautiful shot, the perfect place for egg hunt. Next year, you will be thinking about how wonderful it was, spending Easter in Europe. We spend last one in Jordan, on the Mt. Nebo. Very beautiful and spiritual.

26 Design Mom April 10, 2012 at 12:19 am

Wow, what a location for Easter!

27 Maricris @ SittingAround April 9, 2012 at 6:15 pm

Awesome! My kids enjoyed egg hunting with their cousins, but I’m pretty sure egg hunting at Eiffel Tower is more fun! he, he. How I wish we can do the same someday.

28 Design Mom April 10, 2012 at 12:19 am

Yay for cousins!

29 dunski April 10, 2012 at 5:21 am

I just returned from a short trip to paris with my sister. We didn’t go for a egg hunt (my kids did that in our backyard when I returned home) but planned on shopping some fancy shoes etc. and returned with luxury boxes filled with chocolates and cakes from JP Hèvin and Dalloyau.
anyway, it reminded me of an address I long wanted to share with you: super cute little space up on montmartre, 62 rue d’Orsel, where I had some good old fashoined chocolate cake last summer, she also sells some little fun its and bits for any fun kitchenmom.
I usually stop at at 39 & 52 rue Sainte Croix de la Bretonnerie and always buy something nice. This time two huge dotted mugs or pots… I can spend hours in there. sigh. Just wanted to share them both and wishing you lovely days from switzerland. ;)

30 Cheryl Burchett April 10, 2012 at 10:53 am

We hosted an Easter dinner/gender reveal party for our baby that is due in August. The theme was “What is it Going to BEE?” There was tons of yellow and lemon and honey and mostly TONS of fun! We hid the vital information in our Easter eggs, so the grandparents and Aunts got really competitive about the hunt! Here is a blog post with pictures of the event.

31 Marcia April 11, 2012 at 2:12 pm

Love your photos. Question? I have Instagram on my I-phone. But how are you using it with regular camera? Filter in Photoshop?

32 Design Mom April 12, 2012 at 12:51 am

Hi Marcia! I’m just using it with my iphone. Then, if I want to put the picture on my blog, I email the instagrammed image to myself. I hope that helps!