Cath Kidston

April 2, 2012

We really enjoyed our little (tiny) trip to England. We saw Stonehenge! And we did a some shopping in Portsmouth too.

Lately, June has been grabbing up any tote/handbag/purse she can find and dragging it around the house, so I’ve been on the watch for something just her size. And I found the just the thing at the Cath Kidston store. Plus, it made such a great “English” souvenir.

Are you a Cath Kidston fan? I adore her prints! Her whole store is as charming as can be. Oh. And June LOVES her new purse. She carries it everywhere and keeps staring at it like she can’t believe her good luck.

P.S. — Stonehenge was WOW! Pictures coming tomorrow.

1 Dervla April 2, 2012 at 8:27 am

I love Cath Kidston! Her prints are so pretty and sweetly feminine (without being too sticky girly sweet if you know what i mean). June looks so cute with that bag!

2 Sandra Gonzales April 2, 2012 at 9:31 am

June’s expression is spot-on girlie. What is it about girls and their hand bags? Please hug and squeeze your adorable child for me!

3 The New Diplomats Wife April 2, 2012 at 9:32 am

aw! our own diplo-tot is also going through the bag phase, however paper grocery bags seem to be her thing right now, despite offers of pretty floral alternatives.

4 the emily April 2, 2012 at 9:37 am

My daughter is just slightly older than June and she’s been trying to carry my purse around for a few months–only it’s way too heavy for her! I’ve been looking for a bag her size as well, I’m off to check out her shop. Thanks!

5 Christi April 2, 2012 at 9:40 am

I had never heard of her before, but I LOVE the cowboy sheets! I think they may have a place in my son’s new bedroom :)

6 Barchbo April 2, 2012 at 9:41 am

I have a boy a few months younger than June and he is equally into the tote bags. Since we live in Austin, his is a Whole Foods reusable tote but he likes his Trader Joe’s bag, too.

7 Ilene April 2, 2012 at 9:57 am

I love Cath Kidston. The patterns are so pretty. I wish we had a local store in California to check out!

8 kelly April 2, 2012 at 10:08 am

This is so sweet! What a fun treat to visit her store and little June looks so proud of her new purse :)

9 Hadley April 2, 2012 at 10:19 am

Oh yes. I have two daughters — we’re big Cath Kidston fans! So delightful.

10 Eliza April 2, 2012 at 10:38 am

June’s hair is on the verge of becoming too cute. Watch out!

11 eka April 2, 2012 at 10:51 am

aww..June is so cute! I love cath kidston too.. :)
love the prints i’m 32 years old and i wear CK totes :D

12 Aliesha April 2, 2012 at 10:54 am

I LOOOOVE Cath Kidston…I’ve never even thought about there being a whole store you could go to! So jealous! :):):)

13 Alexandria April 2, 2012 at 11:05 am

Love Cath Kidston! When I discovered her a few years ago I gave my brother who lives in the UK some not so subtle hints that I wouldn’t mind something from her line. He’s been nice enough give me some of her stationary and a book called “Sew Cath Kidston” which includes 30 patterns and a kit to make a tote bag. I love her use of oilcloth, so cute and practical.

14 Laurel April 2, 2012 at 12:12 pm

Love the bags. I’ll have to research more Cath Kidston.

This weekend I made some bunny bags for the grand kids. They turned out pretty darn cute so I posted a tutorial on my blog.

15 Kathleen April 2, 2012 at 1:03 pm

Her prints are so charming – as is that adorable picture of June. The look of her face is precious.

16 Kirsteen April 2, 2012 at 1:05 pm

Adorable! I love Cath Kidston, so pretty.

17 Lola G. April 2, 2012 at 1:13 pm

I’m a fan of the sweet prints that you can count on from Cath Kidston. About the only thing sweeter is that photo of June with her treasure!

18 Alice April 2, 2012 at 1:14 pm

I love Cath Kidston, even if people think it’s a bit twee. The shop here is so cute I can’t help myself, plus I found the perfect present for my mum’s 60th: Diadmond jubilee memorabilia! (can’t believe the Queen has been the Queen since my mother was born…)

19 CMN April 2, 2012 at 1:15 pm

So funny! I just got home from several weeks in the UK on business and amongst my souvenirs… yet more Cath Kidston! (To add to what was already at home, of course of course). Because, um, I definitely needed another bag, or two, and darling handkerchefs in the Toy Soldier print, and a Jubilee something or other, and an Olympic sport notebook, and possibly another coin purse, or three, and…

Yes, Cath Kidston’s art is just a little bit fabulous and a little bit addicting.

20 rachel April 2, 2012 at 1:25 pm

My son’s nursery is decorated with the circus fabric and coordinating stripes. And his diaper bag is the cowboys. We get SO many compliments!!!

21 molly ruth April 2, 2012 at 3:23 pm

those bags are just the dearest thing! i have turned my three-year- old twin girls into bag ladies. they have definitely inherited the bag lady gene from me. and the floral pattern would be the cutest for them this spring and summer. thanks for introducing me to cath kidston!

22 Petra April 2, 2012 at 8:01 pm

My 3 daughters each got a Cath Kidston bag in a different size and design in their stockings last Christmas. My youngest is 2 and she uses it to carry her magna doodle around in! The 8 year old has all the things a girl might need in it, lip-gloss, hairbrush, band-aid etc. I got her a little purse mirror in a matching print too. The 12 year old got a matching case for her ipod and a matching small umbrella. They made great gifts! While I was ordering online (they ship to the US), my 5 year old son, clicked on a mug I was looking at and ordered it for me! He put it in my stocking, so sweet.

23 Tan April 2, 2012 at 8:59 pm

I fell in love with Cath Kidston when I was in London last year and have regretted ever since not picking something up!

24 Kellie April 3, 2012 at 3:55 am

Oh she’s adorable! What a cute photo and little bag, too sweet!

25 Gina April 3, 2012 at 4:30 am

Oh, this brings back memories. I discovered Cath Kidston when our daughter was about June’s age. I had wondered if she pretty prints had made it to the US? June photos are adorable!

26 Deborah April 3, 2012 at 7:35 am

Love those bags, but your little June-bug is growing way too fast. She couldn’t be any more precious.

27 fabienne April 3, 2012 at 8:58 am

quintessentially British, that’s it! I never fail to pop into her shop whenever I’m down the King’s Road. So far, I’ve purchased a bag, pyjamas, a raincoat, an umbrella, an oven glove and even a brush for the washing up!
If she were to open a franchise here in France, she would be immensely successful.

28 hyzen April 3, 2012 at 2:19 pm

OMG, the ponies. Love Cath Kidston in general, but that ponies tote is too cute. Why is that not for sale on her website!?! I grew up riding horses, but now with kids and work I have no time. I am conspiring to get my preschool daughter interested in horses so that I will have an excuse to make the time for riding–that little tote sure couldn’t hurt the cause!

29 Bianca Hogan April 3, 2012 at 2:39 pm

Oh Wow! I live in Southampton and I was wondering if you were going to be near my neck of the woods… And that Cath Kidson store in GunWharf Quays is wonderful! Next time you come over to the UK, try and visit Bath. It is a fantastic day out for the whole family.

30 teacupmoments April 3, 2012 at 5:42 pm

i totally agree that Cath Kidston stuff make great British souvenirs! i got quite a number of things at the shop along portobello road , and i couldn’t be more pleased! they’re so durable and have an served me for many years!

31 Sheila April 6, 2012 at 9:38 am

Love her! Just got a new Cath Kidston-designed iPhone cover. Navy with hot pink polkadots. Absolutely adorable!