A Few Things

April 27, 2012

Hello, Friends! Are you well? Do you have something to look forward to this weekend? One of our favorite families in the world is visiting, and the combined kids are planning a giant movie party for tonight. At our house, movie party = watching a movie… with candy! Hah! No big deal, but everyone gets excited about the idea.

While we make a list of possible movies to watch, here are a few things I’ve been wanting to share with you:
- Love this post. Especially the pin-on-pants-cuff idea.
- Live streaming video of a Blue Heron nest. So cool! Thanks, Tasha.
- Birth to 12 years in under 3 mins.
- What motivates you to get moving? I thought this card was cute.
- Congrats to Erin on the launch of Design For Minikind!
- Teeny tiny. Dibs on the leeks.
- Genius DIY paper picnic baskets.

I also write for Babble. Here are this week’s posts:
- I want a giant sunhat this year — 15 I’m considering.
- Missoni + Converse. Thumbs up or down?
- A day-in-the-life of a clothing designer — and mother of 7!
- Jewelry for Mother’s Day? Some of my favorite picks.
- Posters turned into wall lights!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend! I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.

kisses,
Gabrielle

P.S. — I saw the little red car a few days on a country road and thought it might make you smile. It doesn’t show up that well in the photos, but it has houndstooth upholstery! Jealous.

1 Trina April 27, 2012 at 8:51 am

Yes! The little red car makes me smile :) Woah, that birth-to-12-years is incredible! I could stay dedicated MAYBE 12 months. And the DIY picnic baskets are so fun. Thank you for sharing!!

2 Camille April 27, 2012 at 8:52 am

Hello Gabrielle, I love this car! It’s a Deux Chevaux, isn’t it? Back in the 60s, everyone had one of those! I didn’t know what houndstooth meant and I checked it out. It’s a funny word! In French, we say hen’s foot – which is just as fun!
All in all, this car is a two-horse, with a houndstooth and a hen’s foot. Very farm-y, isn’t it? ;)
PS : I really enjoy your blog.

3 julia @ life on churchill April 27, 2012 at 9:41 am

I really like the poster to lights idea! not a huge fan of the converse + missoni line, but thats just my personal taste. a movie night sounds like a fabulous idea, happy weekend!

4 ats April 27, 2012 at 10:44 am

Love it all xo And YES to the hats. I wear GIANT ones! xo {miss you}

5 Lori C. April 27, 2012 at 10:47 am

Love that car! Love the running card! Love the link.

Thank you and have a lovely weekend!

6 Maria April 27, 2012 at 11:09 am

I think I need to get a nice pair of red shoes to go with the car!!! The upholstery is great…red/white/black is an excellent color combo.

7 Jenny April 27, 2012 at 4:17 pm

What a lovely little car! And what a lovely blog. I’ve just recently found you but I know I’ll be back all the time now. I honestly don’t know how you do all you do! You must not need as much sleep as I do. :)

Have a fun “movie night!” and a great weekend . . . French style. *jealous sigh*

8 Lena April 27, 2012 at 4:56 pm

I love the video of Kayce Hughes. So inspiring! It makes me want to have more kids:)

9 Tasha April 27, 2012 at 5:06 pm

SHOW YOUR KIDS QUICK! The Herons are “pipping” which means hatching! Thank you for sharing Gabrielle:) This has been a wonderful classroom experience awaiting and learning about these birds…any minute now!!!

10 Tasha April 28, 2012 at 8:54 am

2 Hatched! First feeding:)

11 Martha April 27, 2012 at 10:42 pm

LOVE the car, houndstooth upholstery to boot!

12 Nellie Chapman April 27, 2012 at 10:46 pm

Hello Gabrielle. I love your blog and love seeing and hearing of your adventures in France.
I too, love the little red car. I actually own one! I live in Australia and have loved the 2CV for years. Mine is red, has the original upholstery( which is a pale checked grey/brown) and her name is Ruby. She makes me and everyone who sees her smile.
I love Camille’s “farm” comment. Really cute thought.
Thanks for all the other fabulous links. You keep me occupied for ages.XX

13 susan April 28, 2012 at 6:08 am

Thinking of your movie night and CANDY! Have a lovely visit with your friends. I am looking forward to my son’s Prom. I know he will look so handsome.

14 Alix April 28, 2012 at 11:14 pm

I love that little red car! (houndstooth?? dreamy as can be!)

thank you so much for including me….design mom is one of my favorites so this was a treat! xoxo

15 Robin April 30, 2012 at 2:52 pm

Design for MiniKind is ADORABLE!!!