A Few Things

April 20, 2012

Hello, Friends! Did you have a good week? We have been working from dawn to dusk with Tiger In A Jar, the video crew that’s been with us this week. I seriously can not wait to share what we’ve been working on. Really fun stuff! The kids go back to school on Monday, so we are planning to have a laid-back weekend. Me & Ben Blair: tackling some simple spring cleaning. The kids: hanging out and enjoying every last little bit of Spring Break. How about you?

While I finish up my work week, here are a few things I’ve been wanting to share with you:
- I’ll be posting my next Love the Place You Live on Monday. Will you join me?
- Wow. This essay really hit home with me.
- What do you think about decorating babies’ rooms so they don’t feel “babyish”?
- Great news! A Blog About Love is offering classes. Sign me up!
- Traveling with babies or toddlers? Check out these passenger packs.
- I’m a judge for this year’s Handmade Olympics! Vote for your favorite finalist.
- Absolutely stunning watercolor maps. Via Not Martha.

I also write for Babble. Here are this week’s posts:
- Let’s talk sunglasses! Do you go designer or are you more of a gas station/whatever works kind of girl?
- The bears hugging? Cutest print ever!
- I have such a thing for multi-functional furniture.
- How do you like this idea for displaying your house number?
- Oh man. I am totally coveting these gorgeous bikes from Brooklyn Cruiser.

I hope you have an amazing weekend! I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already!

kisses,
Gabrielle

P.S. — You can see some peeks from our week on my Instagram feed. We’ve been doing some bike riding! There’s an orchard across the street lined with dandelions. So pretty! Hard to imagine all those branches will be green in another week or two.

1 Jyll April 20, 2012 at 8:22 am

Tiger In A Jar + Design Mom = Fabulousness!
Their videos are mesmerizing. What great eyes they have!

2 Cassie April 20, 2012 at 8:41 am

That power of moms article struck a chord with me as well! Been thinking about it all week…

3 Denise Laborde April 20, 2012 at 9:57 am

Thanks for sharing cool links! Loved the Polkadot Prints Travel Passenger Packs. Thoughtful and funny.

Bises,
Denise

4 Stephanie April 20, 2012 at 10:05 am

I’m ready for the Love the Place you Live this time around! Have a great weekend.

5 julie Dumas April 20, 2012 at 11:36 am

I love the house numbers on the pillow in your Babble article. We get lots of wind and sand in our area and I had a good idea for house numbers on our fence post. I made fused glass numbers and attached them to a board with wire. They withstand the weather very nicely and go with the rustic look of our property. They can be found at our etsy shop on my website.
Thanks for sharing great ideas.

6 Ann April 20, 2012 at 12:16 pm

I love all the handmade things!!! It will be so hard to vote!

7 Mills April 20, 2012 at 2:52 pm

That essay was great. Really great. Thanks for sharing.

8 Linda April 20, 2012 at 3:34 pm

I’m not sure why, but at the end of a very long week, this photo makes me smile so much and feel happy. Thanks!

9 April Perry April 20, 2012 at 4:38 pm

Thanks so much for your kind words about my post on The Power of Moms. I met you at Mom 2.0 in Houston, and I so admire you. Hope to meet you again soon!

10 kayce hughes April 21, 2012 at 2:39 pm

I am so excited to see the finished product! I thought that you might enjoy seeing our family on this little film that Anthony Matula here in Nashville put together.

11 Graylin April 22, 2012 at 12:05 pm

I keep meaning to share this with you—who wouldn’t want a Pain au Chocolat ring?!?!?

Thanks for all wonderful posts,

Graylin