A Birth Story in Pictures from Miranda

April 4, 2012

In lieu of a traditional growing-a-family story, I thought it would be fun to share this video today. Miranda of One Little Minute spent 9 months on Project Baby, and then another 9 months editing the results into a lovely video.

Miranda says, “I have been excited about making this little video of outtakes since day one of Project Baby. Looking back to those pregnant days makes me appreciate some of the little things that are easy to take for granted. Like my ankles. And tying my shoes. And sleeping on my belly. The little man was worth every ache and pound, though. He is gentle, curious, and happy.”

I love seeing the little onesie at the end!

P.S. — Here’s another birth video from Shannon.

——-
Note from Design Mom: throughout my 6th pregnancy, I posted reader-submitted advice, memories and stories about pregnancy, childbirth, adoption and growing a family. My baby is hardly a baby anymore — here’s her birth story and her newborn photos — but the series has been so popular that I’m continuing it indefinitely. You can find all the stories in this series by clicking here. Have a story you’d like to share? I’d love to read it. You can send it to me at gabrielle@designmom.com.

1 Eliza April 4, 2012 at 10:12 am

After seeing Miranda’s pregnancy calendar t-shirt tutorial awhile back and waiting for my pregnant time, I made the same t-shirt (although I see now she sells them for a lot less expense than the materials I used to make mine!) but I always forget to take pictures! It’s still fun to have though.

2 Tiffany April 4, 2012 at 10:25 am

Oh my heavens!!!! Too TOOOOOOOO cute! I wish I would have done something like this………………maybe I can convince hubby just one more?……

3 Amanda April 4, 2012 at 11:24 am

So precious and creative. Thanks for sharing–and congratulations, Miranda!

4 celeste April 4, 2012 at 2:12 pm
5 Jen April 4, 2012 at 3:45 pm

OH how cute! I love this. I am inspired to do something similar, I’m sure a video like this will be so precious in the years to come.

6 Rachel April 4, 2012 at 9:25 pm

Loved LOVED this!

7 PatriciaF April 5, 2012 at 2:16 am

This is so sweet! The calendar t-shirt –> onesie idea is great.
We just had our first son last November and even already I’m so glad we did a stop-motion video of the pregnancy — (9 months in 9 seconds: ‘http://vimeo.com/32719647 ) — it’s fun to appreciate the ability to touch one’s toes, but also to smile at how super excited we were that summer (with good reason;)…
…although now I am inspired to think of something more original to document the journey, should we have another!
Love
P

8 Maria @ Busy as a Bee in Paris April 5, 2012 at 5:28 am

So sweet! J’adore! I am 8 weeks pregnant, expecting my 4th child and just started a series on my blog about having a baby in France! http://www.busyasabeeinparis.com/2012/04/having-baby-in-france-chapter-1.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BusyAsABeeinParis+%28Busy+as+a+Bee+in+Paris%29
I didn’t document it last time and have had friends ask me what it’s like having a baby abroad and so now I’m sharing my French pregnancy journey right on my blog!
xoxo

9 Kate April 5, 2012 at 9:36 pm

Beautiful!!

10 Michelle Glauser April 6, 2012 at 9:54 am

I didn’t realize until about two minutes in that I know them!

11 Christina November 6, 2012 at 11:41 pm

I watched this video this morning, thinking how beautiful pregnancy truly is… And that I miss my belly!!! Our sweet baby AJ is six months… And to our surprise, We just found out this evening we are expecting number 2 ! What a surprise !! So baby belly #2 is on the way! I didn’t take many “belly photos” with my first pregnancy. Your video has inspired me to be more creative and to remember to enjoy the moments! Thank you for sharing and inspiring!! The entire idea is just too darling:)