Pop-Up City Books

March 13, 2012

For his birthday, Ben Blair received these adorable books from our dear friend, Caroline. They are pop-up tours of Paris, London and New York (Caroline knows we love all 3 cities!). They are small in size — about 5 inches high — but they are packed with information and illustrations. Our kids keep looking through them and grinning when they recognize another landmark.

These make such a wonderful gift, and I think they would be a perfect souvenir for your next voyage. Ours are in French, but you can find them in English here.

1 Blessing @ Working Mom Journal March 13, 2012 at 7:29 am

I’m thinking of planning a trip to Europe, these books are perfect. I love that you encourage mothers to read to their kids. Keep up the good work.

2 Maria @ Busy as a Bee in Paris March 13, 2012 at 8:01 am

love it!

3 Barchbo March 13, 2012 at 9:14 am

How darling! What a wonderful souvenir of a trip, too!

4 caroline March 13, 2012 at 9:52 am

So proud… ;)

5 se7en March 13, 2012 at 9:57 am

Oh aren’t they divine – I saw them at a local book fair (http://www.se7en.org.za/2012/02/14/se7en-1-bazillion-of-the-latest-and-greatest-kids-reads-for-2012) and fell instantly in love… Totally totally wonderful, I have to get hold of them in order to fulfill my armchair travels…

6 Melissa@Julia's Bookbag March 13, 2012 at 10:52 am

Oh how FUN! Anything mini automatically is engaging for children (oh heck, everyone!) Love the art!

7 Gina March 13, 2012 at 11:36 am

First of all: Tres mignon!!! Ca c’est magnifique! Second: how do you do it? How do you continuously find thing after thing, idea after idea that are so darn cute or thought provoking! Bravo est tres bien! (please don’t mind my missing accents!)

8 Petites Merveilles March 13, 2012 at 11:39 am

Nice! Will have to check them out! I really like the Sasek books too, I’ve started to collect them for our little one for every city we’ve been in. Of course the first one we have is This is Paris. :)

9 Notes from Holly St. March 13, 2012 at 11:47 am

what a wonderful gift idea!

10 Gabriele Burgess March 13, 2012 at 11:52 am

You know, you are putting me into a definite French phase in my life. Thanks for transporting me into your world. I found a french bakery out of my town and had to share.

11 Kirsteen March 13, 2012 at 1:51 pm

These look adorable! What a sweet gift x

12 Sandra March 13, 2012 at 3:42 pm

These look lovely – I bought the London and the NYC ones. I love to buy kids books when we are travelling but I find that they often aren’t very well written. The “pop-up factor” will be fun!

13 Maricris @ SittingAround March 13, 2012 at 5:18 pm

I love it! I am always fond of pop-up books!

14 Sarah March 13, 2012 at 6:36 pm

You’ve got to stop writing about books (or toys, clothes…pretty much anything) – I want – and ADORE – every one you post. ;)

15 sheri March 13, 2012 at 6:44 pm

These are so charming! I’m a huge fan of the “This is……” series by Miroslav Sasek and these have a similar aesthetic – thank you for sharing!

16 Jen Hansard March 13, 2012 at 8:34 pm

You always have the most inspiring books! I love these and the Pantone kids book. Would love to see what else you have on your bookshelf.

17 Rebecca March 14, 2012 at 1:59 am

i gave my boys london and new york pop up booklets as part of their advent calendar last year. and had the paris on order… my paris copy arrived just yesterday.

i love them. they look great and are educational!

18 Zsa Zsa March 14, 2012 at 3:47 am

I need to buy them- for my kids and for me. I love the art work!

19 aimee @ smilingmama March 14, 2012 at 7:50 am

So fun! I live just outside of Washington, DC and the DC book (soon-to-be-released!) would be so fun to buy and mail to the out-of-town new babies in our life. Our 6yo went to NYC last summer for the first time and fell in love — I’m adding the NYC book to my list of gift ideas for him.

20 dana March 14, 2012 at 7:58 am

I can’t tell you how many lovely things I’ve purchased because I saw them on your blog. I just had to buy the NYC and Paris pop-ups! You feature the most charming things…that I can’t live without LOL Thanks for a beautiful treat to look forward to every morning.

21 tzipora March 14, 2012 at 8:50 am

These look so adorable! Must get my hands on them…

22 JoAnn March 14, 2012 at 11:10 am

Thank you! I just bought the London version for a friend’s birthday. She will be visiting London for Christmas. I’m feeling brilliant! Of course, you did the work. Thank you!

23 l.means March 14, 2012 at 12:43 pm

Do you know where you can get them en francais in the States??

24 Marielle March 14, 2012 at 7:08 pm

Just Sunday one of our granddaughters asked when I would take her back to Paris–we were there just before she turned two–because, although she has the photos, she doesn’t really remember it.

Soon.

These are now in my Amazon cart. Thanks.

25 Emily March 15, 2012 at 6:51 am

I was browsing in a kids’ bookstore here in Annecy the other day & I came across these. So so so lovely!!