Instagram Art

March 14, 2012

Most of the Instagram accounts I follow use the app to document random beauty in their daily lives. Halno does the same thing. Only elevated.

Tell me what you’re Instagram’ing, will you? And do you have a favorite Instagram user who always seems to make your day with their art? I’d love to meet them all!

P.S. — Last week, I started an Instagram series called #prettygroceries. A few times each week, I’ll be posting well-designed items I see at the supermarket. It’s my little effort at celebrating and appreciating everyday design. I’m gabrielle_designmom. Feel free to join me.

1 Damaris March 14, 2012 at 9:41 am

I take pictures of food, my kids, and the colorful colonial town of Bahia Brazil I live in. Feel free to follow me I’m kitchencorners.

I love following
mattbites (food, life)
withstylegrace (food, life)
leifography (art)
hairromance (hair, lifestyle)
simplemom (lifestyle)
brhau (black and white AMAZING pictures, lots of cools shots of San Francisco)

also I like to use ink361 as a computer interface to see the pictures.
xoxo

2 Mrs. Kate B. March 14, 2012 at 9:58 am

When I started using Instagram a few weeks ago, you were one of the first users I searched for but couldn’t find. Now, there you are – yay!

I am totally smitten with Instagram. I love seeing random little bits of beauty and sharing my own. But my most favorite is Croyable. He posts the most lovely and ethereal landscape shots.

3 Laura Lee March 14, 2012 at 10:00 am

I think Instagram is wonderful! And, while I certainly post photos of my children, I think IG is especially conducive to sharing photos of “beauty in the commonplace,” as a friend of mine calls it. (I’m llpnelson.) I enjoy your instagram feed very much, Gabrielle! My other favorites are
trmphotography,
timbrado,
mariannehope,
mocachiino,
meditta, and
shihbakes.

4 .:| Angela |:. March 14, 2012 at 10:03 am

I’m seeing a lot of Instagram photos popping up on blogs and photo sharing sites, but I have an Android phone. Could you suggest a similar app for my phone?

5 sarah March 14, 2012 at 11:06 am

instagram is coming to droid in the next month or so!!

6 Maria @ Busy as a Bee in Paris March 14, 2012 at 12:34 pm

really? yay, yay, yay!

7 .:| Angela |:. March 14, 2012 at 1:08 pm

Yipee! Thank you Sarah for the info. I’ll wait patiently…

8 Allyson March 14, 2012 at 10:17 am

Halno’s photo’s are so fun! What a gift! My wedding photographer started a website called instagramtalk.com where he features and interviews instagramers. It’s lovely to see people’s perspectives of this beautiful world and how creative everyone is!

9 susan March 14, 2012 at 10:36 am

Have I told you that I love the fact that sometimes you post 2 or 3 posts a day! What fun…………………… The last couple of days have been great and now the Instagram post. So. much. to . enjoy.

10 LJ March 14, 2012 at 10:48 am

A few weeks ago, I overheard a photographer friend announce his “rules” for instagram “No pictures of your dog, and no pictures of your coffee.”

…and I realized those two things are a large part of what I take pictures of. At first I was kind of angry at him for making rules about something fun in the first place. And then I realized it was kind of a challenge. So..lately I’ve been taking pictures of things that make me do a double take. For instance, I found a toilet in my back yard, so up that went. And, I saw a piano with a little piano on top of it. My username is TheLauraJane if you want to see the toilet in my back yard :)

11 LJ March 14, 2012 at 10:50 am

OH! Also, there’s a guy named renzorf who takes amazing pics of sweet drawings he does. He’s totally worth checking out.

12 sarah March 14, 2012 at 11:07 am

i love your instagram’s gabrielle, and i hope you do put more of the family up. i love just casual every day pictures to catch up on people’s lives. i do just that. whatever is going on that very day……
i am momofsi if you want to follow.

13 Ks March 14, 2012 at 11:48 am

check out sprestridge, does interesting things with architectural shots.

14 Ann March 14, 2012 at 12:15 pm

I am iphone-less : (

15 teresita March 14, 2012 at 1:18 pm

How cool is Halno!! There are some beautiful pics on Instagram, like your Maicena…which is chilean by the way, ha! I didn’t know you could find it in france too! That tipography takes me to my childhood.

16 Christa the BabbyMama March 14, 2012 at 1:30 pm

Can’t say that I do – no iPhone – but I like checking out other people’s!

17 Tan March 14, 2012 at 6:19 pm

I love these! There really is something about photographing the beauty of every day life. Have you heard of Miksang photography? It’s just that, and is quite breathtaking

18 Liz Stanley March 14, 2012 at 7:34 pm

I love this! So cool

19 christina March 15, 2012 at 1:23 am

Very cool yes, but it also made me giggle a bit. He’s on a broom! With slippers! Like Harry Potter!

20 zendina March 15, 2012 at 10:34 am

I love aesthetics. My new years resolution was to take a picture of something beautiful in my life every day. Ironically this format of documenting my life has become part of my spiritual path. I feel life can get so full of laundry piles and dishes, homework and things to do, that we forget to intentionally identify the daily miracles. This photographic meditation has made me more concious of the exquisite and less overwhelmed by the mediocrity. More importantly, it is cultivating gratitude in my children’s lives. They look back at these photos and see how much goodness exists, every day.

21 Margaret March 15, 2012 at 10:36 am

How funny! I discovered http://yowayowacamera.com/ a little while ago and she does “Daily Levitation” posts that are INCREDIBLE. She appears to be floating all over Tokyo!

22 J.P. March 16, 2012 at 1:56 pm

i’ve often enjoyed @halno’s pics too!! aside from my two IG accounts (@trehaus & @irazero) of course, my favorite user is @philipkhoury. he takes GORGEOUS architectural shots. ;)

23 Lynette March 17, 2012 at 3:19 pm

I’m a big fan of Rubicorno at http://rubicorno.wordpress.com/author/rubicorno/.

24 Kate The Great March 19, 2012 at 10:28 am

What is Instagram, anyway? I’ve seen some people’s pictures via Facebook, and it seems like you need an iPhone (which I don’t), but otherwise, is it just artistic pictures posted on a website? Like Flickr?

I’m off to Instagram’s website–maybe I can figure it out there.

25 NancyC March 25, 2012 at 5:14 pm

If you like what you see on Instagram, you will love Pinweel. I just wrote about it in a comment below. Hope you enjoy it, my family and I are having lots of fun with it! You can check it out at Pinweel.com

26 Mary J March 19, 2012 at 1:59 pm

I really like Davidlebovitz he is in Paris and photographs everything from pastries to his kitchen renovation and it is a little peak into life in Paris.

27 NancyC March 25, 2012 at 5:09 pm

Love your Pretty Groceries series and I too am a happy Istagram fan but… I found a new photo app that I love even more. It is called Pinweel and it is all about creating albums that can be collaborative! From the mundane, (yes, dogs and coffee albums) to conceptual art shots. Unlike Instagram this one has great privacy settings as well. I think all moms and photo takers at large will will love it. My kids, my mom and I are hooked! It has become my new visual Facebook. They have a website – Pinweel.com and it was free at the App Store.