Book of the Week: Animal 123

March 12, 2012

Animal 123 is currently June’s FAVORITE book, and I like it too because it’s the cleverest take on a counting book I’ve seen in ages. Plus, it’s good looking. I love the posture of the bears and the giant die-cut numbers.

The giant numbers unfold to show a counting sequence. One becomes two. Five becomes six. So smart! Perfect for an almost 2 year old.

P.S. — I think we’ve ended up with new counting, ABC, and color books for each baby. Our toddler books have been so loved (loved = falling apart) they have to be replaced. Are you the same?

1 susan March 12, 2012 at 6:49 am

So cute and clever. I will get it for my new grand daughter Ava as part of the book collection I am starting for her.

2 Carol March 12, 2012 at 7:07 am

Oh, yes. My older daughter literally ate two entire Richard Scarry board books. Well, more like mouthed them until they disappeared. They corners wore off until the books were circular, and then they got smaller and smaller until there was nothing left. FIBER!

3 Design Mom March 12, 2012 at 2:12 pm

That is hilarious, Carol!

4 Petites Merveilles March 12, 2012 at 7:50 am

Totally the same! Poor books get taped up till I can’t anymore! Oh well, at least she likes books!

5 Blessing @ Working Mom Journal March 12, 2012 at 7:50 am

My daughter is 3 and too old for this probably but I agree about books loved to the point of falling apart. Such was the case of “Guess How Much I Love You”. I believe started picking the pieces and gluing it together at one point.

6 shaleah March 12, 2012 at 9:07 am

what a great book! even though we’re past two, we just may have to add it to our collection…

7 Barchbo March 12, 2012 at 9:11 am

We are on our second copy of Inside Outside Upside Down and we are headed for number two of Are You My Mother? My son has zero interest in stuffed animals – he has curled up with a board book since he was about 4 or 5 months old!

8 Design Mom March 12, 2012 at 2:13 pm

I hear you! We have gone through many copies of Are You My Mother. It is beloved.

9 Melissa March 12, 2012 at 12:40 pm

I find that a strip of packing tape on the spine when books are new keeps them looking nice and held together longer! Our first is almost 2 and I can imagine most of her books lasting for another kid! Not that we’ll stop buying more :) Love your suggestions!

10 Design Mom March 12, 2012 at 2:15 pm

What a great idea, Melissa!

11 Melissa March 12, 2012 at 9:13 pm

I may have missed it, but what ABC book do you like? I would like to find another!

12 Jody March 12, 2012 at 7:39 pm

I so enjoy your book posts! We just received our copy of Pantone’s Colors and love it!

13 car insurace quote March 7, 2014 at 7:20 am

You have shed a ray of sunshine into the forum. Thanks!

14 dr oz cambogia March 23, 2013 at 8:33 am

Fantastic blog! Do you have any recommendations for aspiring writers? I’m hoping to start my own blog soon but I’m a little lost on everything. Would you recommend starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for a paid option? There are so many options out there that I’m totally confused .. Any tips? Thanks!|

15 http://www.52vitamin.com/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=115356&extra=page1 August 26, 2013 at 4:48 pm

Desire to know behindthescenes within the selecting operation so you can optimize your quest properly