A Few Things

March 23, 2012

Hello, Friends! I’m really looking forward to this weekend. On Saturday, we’re meeting friends for dinner and a philosophy lecture from Michel Onfrey. He’s a well known French philosopher who happens to live in our little town. People are coming from all over France to hear him! My French is so weak — I wonder if I’ll be able to understand a single word of the discussion. Hah! I’m sure Ben Blair will be a great translator. (Did you know philosophy was his major?)

While we finish up our work for this week, here are a few things I’ve wanted to share with you:
- Every image on this post.
- Why she bothers.
- 7 Easter crafts I’d love to try!
- The benefits of studying another language. (Thanks to all who sent me this article.)
- A rainbow hotel.
- Why you don’t need a big website.
- Fallen Fruit.

I also write for Babble. Here are this week’s posts:
- 10 Candy-free Easter basket alternatives.
- You have to go see this Knottie Sleeper. It’s adorable!
- Mad Men is back on Sunday!! Some fashion to get you inspired.
- Have a tween daughter? Check out the Bilbao dress — it’s perfect for older girls.
- And a skincare line for tweens too. Don’t laugh! It looks really good.

I hope you have an amazing weekend! I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.

kisses,
Gabrielle

P.S. — Did you know Daylight Savings Time isn’t the same in Europe and the U.S.? The time switch here in France is this Sunday. Also, I snapped the photo at top of the dairy cows grazing next door — spring is really here!

1 Anna March 23, 2012 at 9:50 am

I have to comment on the link for tween skincare! My Mom took me when I turned thirteen to a Mary Kay consultant and insisted that I learn how to take care of my skin. To this day, I”m thankful that she did because it got me in a lifelong habit of taking care of my skin! And I thought it was extra special because she even allowed me to get a clear lipgloss!

2 The New Diplomats Wife March 23, 2012 at 10:06 am

a philosophy lecture on saturday night? very french ;) when i went to schoool in france, my baccalaureate was in philosophy. it always amazes me how much appreciation there is for philosophy in france – it has to be the absolutely last country where “philosopher” is a legit occupation that you can live off of and be respected for.

3 {plum} March 23, 2012 at 10:13 am

~ every image ~

I pinned that exact post. sigh. I adore everything equestrian and everything in this home.

scrolling through was like a mini vacation.

enjoy your lecture and weekend

best – d.

4 Parties and Presents March 23, 2012 at 2:49 pm

Hi Design Mom,

I love all the different types of Easter Eggs. Just gorgeous! PP

5 Gina vide March 23, 2012 at 11:44 pm

how impressive: both attending this in French and that you are becoming such a part of the culture! Philosophy is alive and in the breakfast cereal in France!

As always, great posts to get us through the weekend. (I love the non-edible Easter treats! We’ve gone wild making Easter Pencils — if you’d looking for any other easy Easter projects, check it out: http://www.willowday.com/2012/03/diy-easter-pencils-part-ii.html) these are so much fun and we started making these due to a birthday party we’ll have this weekend, too! ( entirely different theme: spy girl!) I love th clever Spa birthday cards, right down to the French invite. How thrilling to see the family language progress over the year!! Adorable! Have a wonderful weekend!

6 Ann March 24, 2012 at 3:21 pm

Always LOVE A Few Things!!!

My fav today is Fallen Fruit – so awesome and candy free Easter – LOVE, LOVE the knit bunny!