A Few Things

March 2, 2012

Hello Friends! Are you looking forward to the weekend? I sure am. The thaw has definitely arrived and I’m hoping to spend at least part of the weekend walking and walking and walking along the country roads. I wonder if the little daffodils (jonquils?) will make an appearance soon. I hope so. What about you? Has Spring started to wake up where you live?

While I get psyched to do yard work, here are a few things I’ve wanted to share with you:
- LOVE this post. Got me thinking about my own workarounds.
- Cool bookmark.
- Speaking of books, make a reading nook this weekend.
- Also, my friend John Segal’s book is up for an award and you can vote! (Remember his interview?)
- Still fascinated by tiny houses. This family lives in 320 sq feet.
- Inspired by Stockholm.
- Paris in a box.
- Made me laugh.

I also write for Babble. Here are this week’s posts:
- Laptop window shopping! Here are 13 of my favorites.
- Party supplies you can use again and again and again.
- How tall are your kids?
- My crush for this week.
- Would you ditch your paper catalogs for this?

I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I’ll meet you back here on Monday. I miss you already.

kisses,
Gabrielle

P.S. — I snapped photos of these colorful soda bottles in a shop window in Chartres. I thought they might make you smile.

1 Christa the BabbyMama March 2, 2012 at 11:06 am

It’s funny – here in the northeast we had springtime all winter long, and then on March 1… it snowed!

2 Melissa@Julia's Bookbag March 2, 2012 at 11:29 am

We had a little sprinkle of snow last weekend and it has been cold, cold — I think for us March is coming in like a lion!

Those cheery bottles did indeed make me smile :)

3 Sharmyn March 2, 2012 at 11:56 am

I took that same shot in Chartres! Did you want to try all of them? Me too!

Did you perchance stop in the L’Eglise de St. Aignan in the city? I can’t even tell you how to get there other than wander around the cobbled streets until you find it near the city center not far from the Chartres Cathedral. In contrast to the famous cathedral it is light-filled and full of the most wonderful colorful polychromed interior than I’ve seen in a long while.

When we travel we always dip into the little side churches. It is a wonderful free art exhibit and always a quiet or warm respite while we wander.

4 Briana March 2, 2012 at 12:30 pm

It was starting to be gloriously spring-y here in Boston with crocus and daffodils blooming…. and then it snowed last night… 3 inches… sending us spiraling back into winter. But luckily it’ll be warm again this weekend so buh-bye snow!

Those soda bottles are adorable. I’d drink a pink one right now!

5 Ann March 2, 2012 at 1:03 pm

Thanks for the great list of links – how do you do it?! You are hip to all the cool stuff!!! Love reading nooks and am intrigued by small space living too!

6 Kyran March 2, 2012 at 2:10 pm

Gabrielle, it’s always a thrill when you drop by. I wish we were neighbors in geography as well as spirit. Have a wonderful weekend! xo

7 michelle a March 2, 2012 at 6:34 pm

After moving into a new house this summer, I was thrilled to find a welcome surprise at my very own house: daffodils! They popped up last week and I’m seeing them all over Oakland. I immediately thought of Le Cressionneire! Now if only I’d get some wisteria blossoming too…

8 Tan March 2, 2012 at 7:12 pm

I love that you signed off with ‘kisses’. How very french of you ;)
Do you find you’re greeting people with kisses on the cheek naturally now? I’ve done it with family all my life (I’m Portuguese in Canada) but when I came back from a 9 week stay it was hard not to greet my friends with a peck!

9 jeanne@bellissimakids.com March 2, 2012 at 8:28 pm

Oh Gabrielle. I love your soda photos!

10 The Woman Formerly Known as Beautiful March 2, 2012 at 11:46 pm

Who is that be-legging crusader Superhero Journal?? Could her alter ego be my next BFF?

11 Zsa Zsa March 4, 2012 at 5:39 pm

Those are very pretty soda bottles!

12 Amy March 5, 2012 at 7:04 am

Gabrielle,
Those bottles of soda are pretty, aren’t they? And, because you’re in France, there is a good chance that their contents are flavored and colored with naturally derived products, rather than the petroleum-derived food dyes and artificial flavorings we have here in the US. I’d love to hear the ingredients of the sodas, if you think about it one day when you’re out and about.

Happy Monday,
Amy

13 Rachel March 5, 2012 at 10:06 am

Thanks for the tip about the Catalogue app! I downloaded it and absolutely love it. Keep the cool finds coming :)

14 Sara March 7, 2012 at 11:02 pm

…and you did! So pretty and all of those fabulous flavors! Thanks for sharing :)