Snow Day!

February 6, 2012

Image from my instagram stream. I’m @designmomblog if you want to join me.

Wow. We had a real snow storm! We hear it’s very uncommon for this part of the country, but we think it’s a treat. You may remember, we live in a very rural area, so you can imagine the country roads piled with snow. We didn’t even attempt to drive the kids to school today — I’m 100% sure we would have slid into a ditch!

Instead, we have a roaring fire going, and the kids are building snowforts in the garden, while I type away at my laptop. Not bad for a Monday.

I hope your week is off to a great start as well!

1 mom in mendon February 6, 2012 at 6:25 am

Great fort! Fun for all of you. Stay warm!
xoxox

2 Karin February 6, 2012 at 6:43 am

Cool fort! Enjoy the time together. It does have its charm to snuggle up by the fire when it’s so cold outside, doesn’t it?

3 Christi February 6, 2012 at 7:01 am

Sounds so lovely! Wonderful picture of the snow fort. Enjoy!!

4 Dee February 6, 2012 at 7:13 am

Oh, how fun!

5 sarah February 6, 2012 at 7:37 am

so fun for you. i love snowed in days, but my hubby has to be at the hospital no matter what. so it’s not as cozy just me and little guy when daddy is gone all day anyway.

6 Charissa February 6, 2012 at 7:45 am

Lucky! I’ve been wishing for a good snow…but western Idaho isn’t getting much this year. Sad. Enjoy it to the fullest!

7 Christa the BabbyMama February 6, 2012 at 7:50 am

I’m okay with no (or little snow) but the poor Babby would be so jealous to see your post. She sometimes cries – she’s 3 – because there’s no more snow and we feel terrible because we can’t exactly make it happen! (And I feel doubly bad because I’d rather no more snow!)

8 Jenni Bailey February 6, 2012 at 8:12 am

How fun! I like to keep my snow adventures to a minimum but I haven’t had one in a while and that fort looks legit…it kinda makes me crave some wintery fun.

9 Jillian in Italy February 6, 2012 at 8:26 am

We also buried under snow here in Italy. Not to mention the below zero temperatures we’re having. BELOW ZERO in Italy? How can that be? Warm greetings from down south, Jillian

10 Corrie Anne February 6, 2012 at 8:45 am

Snow days are the best!! Jealous!! :)

11 Jennifer F February 6, 2012 at 9:55 am

We got a little snow in Southwestern France yesterday…enough to blanket everything and look beautiful. (It was definitely a treat for us New Yorkers who miss the snow back home.!). The funny thing here was there was school but no buses…they cancelled the school bus service but still had school. Luckily by this morning, the roads were pretty good. The sun came out and it was indeed a beautiful cold winter day.

12 Lisette Wolter-McKinley February 6, 2012 at 10:01 am

I just heard that while the rest of the world is getting warmer temperatures and less snow than usual that Europe is getting record breaking snow levels and cold weather. Enjoy!

13 Nicola February 6, 2012 at 10:08 am

Oh yes, we had snow here too. Looks like your guys spent as much time outside as mine – that’s quite an ice fort! They spent today enjoying their first ever snow day!

14 Ashlea Walter February 6, 2012 at 10:13 am

Jealous! We’ve had a dismal winter in northern Michigan with not much snow for fort making…

Enjoy the snow and being snowbound together!

15 bdaiss February 6, 2012 at 11:02 am

Awesome fort! Such wonderful memories – those you are making and those your photo brings to mind from my own childhood.

16 Chiara February 6, 2012 at 12:16 pm

In Venice no snow but it’s very very cold… The Laguna is freezing. Chiara

17 Lola G. February 6, 2012 at 2:35 pm

Ooo la la – that’s a truly Fabulous French Fort!

18 Jess (Where My Heart Is) February 6, 2012 at 3:21 pm

Oh the thought of a snow day is magical. It was 94 degrees here yesterday. I love the igloo / house!

19 gina vide February 6, 2012 at 3:49 pm

What technique! Everything your family touches is artistic!

20 mom in mendon February 7, 2012 at 6:37 am

Maude, you’re great, too! I’m always glad when we get a glimpse of you, you beautiful girl!

21 annie February 7, 2012 at 10:21 am

What a very cool fort…looks like she’s working hard making her molds. Snow days are one of our fondest memories of living in CT. There’s something about waking up to snow and seeing your school district on the bottom of the television screen confirming that it is indeed a snow day. Even when you’ve received an automated phone call, a text message and an email to let you know…it’s so fun in the NY Metro area to see New Canaan Public Schools….closed. We made forts inside with blankets and pillow and outside in the snow banks. Thank you for reminding me of those wonderful days.
annie