Love Letters

February 9, 2012

Here’s an idea for Valentine’s Day — or any old time you’re feeling romantic.

If you happen to have exquisite thoughts to share with your love, but not-so-exquisite handwriting, Bryn Chernoff is your girl. For a few hundred dollars, she’ll transform your most heartfelt words into a drop dead gorgeous letter, inked on Italian stationery and sealed with wax. Totally confidential and totally lovely, don’t you think?

It takes Bryn a few weeks, so if you don’t have time to wait, you could also find a friend with gorgeous penmanship. : )

P.S. Get to know the talented Bryn even better in this Felt & Wire interview.

Love letter photograph by StudioAlex.

1 Julie February 9, 2012 at 4:53 am

This reminds me of the ‘snail mail” campaign where people from all over the world in any language could get their emailed letters transcribed to paper by a volunteer and posted to the intended recipient anywhere in the world …. now I’m thinking about it … did you tell me about this?

2 Jenny D. February 9, 2012 at 7:48 am

My friend has wonderful penmanship and will write out pretty much anything for you as well, here is her font — the Janna Font. http://www.thejannafont.com/

3 Allison February 9, 2012 at 8:21 am

Wow!! That’s the fanciest thing I’ve ever seen! So romantic and lovely! I can even see it framed on my dressing table…now if I could just have my husband write gushing romantic things!!!! Hehehee

4 Lauren February 9, 2012 at 10:40 am

What a great idea! I always try to write a love poem or letter for my husband for special occasions, but it would be totally fun to have them lettered so beautifully!

5 Genevieve February 9, 2012 at 1:33 pm

Gorgeous! Would love to do this sometime!

6 Heidi February 9, 2012 at 11:13 pm

I have a book which has reproduced some of history’s most famous love letters. Some letters are actually facsimilied (not sure if that is a word) and put in envelopes within the books. I found, to my disappointment, that it is available on amazon.com

I think that it is far more romantic that I bought it in the British Bookstore in Vienna!

7 gina vide February 10, 2012 at 12:25 am

I love your original ideas! Last year, we did your “3-D Valentine” and I wish we could do it every, single, year. I don’t know if of a cuter, cooler card! (We have some older family members who couldn’t break up the piece with the entire card & lolli tacked on their display boards…. almost one year later!” Sweet! Thank you, for sharing this piece of beauty. Calligraphy is such an art!

8 Zsa Zsa February 12, 2012 at 7:48 pm

I’m glad I have always written in script. It’s not as lovely as calligraphy but I will make a handwritten love letter for my husband this coming Valentine’s day.

9 Bryn at Paperfinger February 15, 2012 at 9:45 pm

Thanks for the post, Gabrielle!

Best,